You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
give me McCaffrey at 22. Could also bang with Dalvin Cook

pick 22?

We would need to give away our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder. Maybe throw in a 6th rounder too depending on where we pick.

That would leave us with pick 22, Browns 4th rounder (at the end of the 4th since its a comp pick), 5th rounder, and 7th rounder.

Yeah.... no thanks.

I bet Cook is gone before 22 anyways.

Last edited by TheRealMcCoy on Mon May 09, 2016 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jalen Hurd is someone I'll be keeping my eyes on this year. The dude is built like a brick [inappropriate/removed] and can do a little bit of everything.

Other players I like for us in R2 next year (who haven't been mentioned)

Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
Kendell Beckwith, LB, Louisiana State
Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Devonte Field, DE, Louisville
Lowell Lotulelei, DL, Utah
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Jalen Hurd is someone I'll be keeping my eyes on this year. The dude is built like a brick [inappropriate/removed] and can do a little bit of everything.

I was just about to mention him. He is really intriguing.

There are so many possibly good backs. Hopefully a lot of them declare.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
So which stud RB are we drafting in round 2? Semaji Perrine? Dalvin Cook? Nick Chubb (post injury slide)? Royce Freeman?

There is no way Dalvin Cook makes it out of the first round barring a major injury or doing something to make teams have serious questions about his character.

I generally agree with you but how far do one of the RBs drop?

Just playing the numbers game a little bit...there's Fournette, Cook, Chubb, McCaffery, Freeman all in that top tier. 5 RBs for 32 teams. You can rule out probably half the teams in the league due to established/successful RB situations. Then you get to play the "devalued position" argument.

Say we don't have the greatest year again under Sammy Sleeves and/or Chase "100 Snaps" Daniel and are looking at a second round pick in the bottom half of the league. Would you move up to the bottom third of the first or the top third of the second for one of those top 5 guys?

I don't have Freeman in that tier. But, no I wouldn't move up. It's not sensible to give up our 3rd rounder (our 2nd highest pick next year), especially when you consider that it's a stacked RB class. Plus, I'm not sure if McCaffery can shoulder the load. He also doesn't have the power we need. We need someone that can provide what Smallwood can't. Don't like Fournette with his stiffness for our ZBS. We will run gap blocking too, I know, but it will favor zone blocking. I think Cook is out of reach and Chubb is an unknown at this point. Like I said I think Gallman is a good option in round 2. Go check out his game tape against Oklahoma. I think you'll like what you see.

I have no problems dropping Freeman into a second tier with Perine, Michel, and Gallman. We're talking about prospects a year from now.

That said you answered the questions that you'd rather pick in the second tier with our second than make the move to the first tier.

Honestly I shouldn't say that definitely for Freeman. I didn't watch nearly as much of him as other guys.

But, yeah we just aren't in a position to mortgage picks for a RB.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FanSpeak already has the 2017 mock draft thing up and running, so I did my first mock. I'd be really happy with this.

Quote:
1: R2P9
WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON

2: R3P9
G DAN FEENEY
INDIANA

3: R4P9
CB CAMERON SUTTON
TENNESSEE

4: R4PCOMP (BROWNS)
RB WAYNE GALLMAN
CLEMSON

5: R5P9
DE KEN EKANEM
VIRGINIA TECH

6: R6P9
DT CHRISTIAN HEYWARD
SAN DIEGO STATE

7: R7P9
OT COREY LEVIN
CHATTANOOGA

8: R7P29 (BRONCOS)
WR ISAIAH JONES (brother of Cayleb Jones who we just signed as an UDFA)
EAST CAROLINA
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Gallman and Sutton in the 4th would be remarkable.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
willy_law wrote:

pick 22?

We would need to give away our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder. Maybe throw in a 6th rounder too depending on where we pick.

That would leave us with pick 22, Browns 4th rounder (at the end of the 4th since its a comp pick), 5th rounder, and 7th rounder.

Yeah.... no thanks.

Didn't Cook have character concerns or am I confusing him. Wasn't he involved with an assault as a freshman?
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of a good RB falling, I'm hoping Desmond King's future 4.5 40 yard dash and measuring in at 5'10" will cause him to fall to the 2nd.
Hopefully we can sign Alshon in FA (After we extend Fletcher Cox!) and get some more DL, OL, and LB depth in rounds 3-7. Maybe another TE too.
Round 2 should be RB or CB, unless Jake Butt or someone who screams BPA slides.
Saquon Barkley in 2018 if we miss out on the top 5 or so RB's in 2017.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Don Julio

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Wayne Gallman train as well, he's a bit like a Lamar Miller type to me. Best possible scenario is one of the Big 4 (Chubb, Cook, Fournette, McCaffrey) fall due to the majority of the league having either an established runner or going with other positions such as OL or EDGE since the EDGE class is so deep as well.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bo Scarbrough has a huge year at Alabama, I could see him coming out early as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
If Bo Scarbrough has a huge year at Alabama, I could see him coming out early as well.

I could see every underclassmen RB that has a good year coming out. Good RB's don't stay for their senior year.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:

Man. I saw him and thought Shocked Tyty's FF madden character came to life. Shocked
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
willy_law wrote:

pick 22?

Yeah.... no thanks.

Didn't Cook have character concerns or am I confusing him. Wasn't he involved with an assault as a freshman?

He was accused of punching a woman in the face, was found not guilty.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
willy_law wrote:

pick 22?

Yeah.... no thanks.

do you really think we need to give up that much for 22? Also 22 was a random number but do you think like hypothetically we could move into the first for him?

realistically it makes no sense to do that cause of how deep this draft is with backs
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
willy_law wrote:

pick 22?

Yeah.... no thanks.

do you really think we need to give up that much for 22? Also 22 was a random number but do you think like hypothetically we could move into the first for him?

realistically it makes no sense to do that cause of how deep this draft is with backs

If we are picking around 10 or 11 (realistic), then yes that would be around how much it would cost us to move up to 22. It may be more as this could be a pretty stacked first round and a team might be apprehensive about moving back 20 picks and still being able to get one of their top guys.

I am in agreement with the latter. No way do I want us to be trading up and giving away even more picks than we already have and for a RB in a deep class at that position at that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 2 of 99

Jump to: