Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: 2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz Reply with quote

It's never too early right?

Draft Picks
2 - Own
3 - Own
4 - Cleveland
4 - Own
5 - Own
6 - Own
7 - Own

Needs
RB
WR
OT
CB
DE
DT Depth

Potential Cuts
QB Sam Bradford ($17,000,000 cap savings)
LT Jason Peters ($9,950,000 cap savings)
DE/LB Connor Barwin ($7,750,000 cap savings)

So which stud RB are we drafting in round 2? Semaji Perrine? Dalvin Cook? Nick Chubb (post injury slide)? Royce Freeman?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally can get behind weapons for Wentz but I think we're young at the skill positions except RB, and a large percentage of posters were saying RBs are a dime a dozen.

I think that top 4 will all be selected 1st round. So I'm predicting us to grab a pass rusher DE

Demarcus Walker FSU 6'3 275
Derek Barnett UT 6'3 260
Malik McDowell 6'6 275
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
So which stud RB are we drafting in round 2? Semaji Perrine? Dalvin Cook? Nick Chubb (post injury slide)? Royce Freeman?

There is no way Dalvin Cook makes it out of the first round barring a major injury or doing something to make teams have serious questions about his character.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to consider a RB in the 2nd round that could be there and would be a great pick, then look at Wayne Gallman. I was really impressed with him last year. Very sudden athlete that has good balance, strength, and lateral movement. The guy runs hard. He never wants to go down. He would be a nice fit in our backfield as the lead back.

With that said, I think our 2nd round pick should be BPA. If it is a receiver, running back, offensive tackle, or defensive end. We have quite a few glaring holes going forward that need to be addressed. This is also a deep RB class, so there will likely be a good back available in round 3.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

There is no way Dalvin Cook makes it out of the first round barring a major injury or doing something to make teams have serious questions about his character.

I generally agree with you but how far do one of the RBs drop?

Just playing the numbers game a little bit...there's Fournette, Cook, Chubb, McCaffery, Freeman all in that top tier. 5 RBs for 32 teams. You can rule out probably half the teams in the league due to established/successful RB situations. Then you get to play the "devalued position" argument.

Say we don't have the greatest year again under Sammy Sleeves and/or Chase "100 Snaps" Daniel and are looking at a second round pick in the bottom half of the league. Would you move up to the bottom third of the first or the top third of the second for one of those top 5 guys?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for Perrine at this point.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Just playing the numbers game a little bit...there's Fournette, Cook, Chubb, McCaffery, Freeman all in that top tier. 5 RBs for 32 teams. You can rule out probably half the teams in the league due to established/successful RB situations. Then you get to play the "devalued position" argument.

Say we don't have the greatest year again under Sammy Sleeves and/or Chase "100 Snaps" Daniel and are looking at a second round pick in the bottom half of the league. Would you move up to the bottom third of the first or the top third of the second for one of those top 5 guys?

I don't have Freeman in that tier. But, no I wouldn't move up. It's not sensible to give up our 3rd rounder (our 2nd highest pick next year), especially when you consider that it's a stacked RB class. Plus, I'm not sure if McCaffery can shoulder the load. He also doesn't have the power we need. We need someone that can provide what Smallwood can't. Don't like Fournette with his stiffness for our ZBS. We will run gap blocking too, I know, but it will favor zone blocking. I think Cook is out of reach and Chubb is an unknown at this point. Like I said I think Gallman is a good option in round 2. Go check out his game tape against Oklahoma. I think you'll like what you see.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Hoping for Perrine at this point.

same.

I like me some Sony Michel as well
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piggy backing on Sony Michel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_ke9LUJyo

check the run @ 3:30.... vision, balance, toughness, burst.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the word on James Conner?
Keep an eye out for Elijah Hood, UNC. 6'0 220, 4.4 speed, 5 star recruit, coming off a pretty good season (ACC 1st team by the media), but doesn't get a lot of chances to catch out of the backfield.
Next years RB class poops on this years. We should be able to get someone good in round 2.

Draft: OJH, C Davis, A Kamara, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly

Last edited by Jeezla on Mon May 09, 2016 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Keep an eye out for Elijah Hood, UNC. 6'0 220, 4.4 speed, 5 star recruit, coming off a pretty good season (ACC 1st team by the media), but doesn't get a lot of chances to catch out of the backfield.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25579286/pat-and-james-and-the-battle-with-hodgkins-that-binds-coach-and-player

Looks like Conner is doing good. It would be ridiculous if he came back and played at all this year, considering.

Elijah Hood is a BEAST
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25579286/pat-and-james-and-the-battle-with-hodgkins-that-binds-coach-and-player

Looks like Conner is doing good. It would be ridiculous if he came back and played at all this year, considering.

Elijah Hood is a BEAST

I don't know if he's a beast, but he has beast potential if he can hit the hole just a little lower. He's like Jordan Howard, but Hood doesn't run as upright. Also not going to make many people miss in the open field, but he might stiff arm or run them over.
Conner playing this year would be a great story. A torn MCL and cancer? No big deal.

Draft: OJH, C Davis, A Kamara, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

I don't have Freeman in that tier. But, no I wouldn't move up. It's not sensible to give up our 3rd rounder (our 2nd highest pick next year), especially when you consider that it's a stacked RB class. Plus, I'm not sure if McCaffery can shoulder the load. He also doesn't have the power we need. We need someone that can provide what Smallwood can't. Don't like Fournette with his stiffness for our ZBS. We will run gap blocking too, I know, but it will favor zone blocking. I think Cook is out of reach and Chubb is an unknown at this point. Like I said I think Gallman is a good option in round 2. Go check out his game tape against Oklahoma. I think you'll like what you see.

I have no problems dropping Freeman into a second tier with Perine, Michel, and Gallman. We're talking about prospects a year from now.

That said you answered the questions that you'd rather pick in the second tier with our second than make the move to the first tier.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....are we almost resigned to RB next season? WR looks like its JuJu, Mike Williams at a distant second, and "the field" and the field can fall anywhere from first round to 4th round.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

willy_law

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me McCaffrey at 22. Could also bang with Dalvin Cook

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: