You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016-2017 Chargers Season Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many wins will we accumulate
12 or more
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
7 or Less
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25

chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: 2016-2017 Chargers Season Thread Reply with quote

Are we going to restore order in the AFC West next year. I think so. If we keep rivers upright and don't make boneheaded mistakes, we should take back the AFC West next year.

I saw some odds on an odds site, and I found it disrespekful that they gave the niners better odds than us to win the super bowl.

How many wins will we have.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that McCoy was given an extension anything short of a Divisinal Crown and subsequent AFC Championship should be considered an epic mismanagement.

Elite QB. First round RB. Top tier wide out. Hall of fame TE and all available resources invested into the offensive line.

Top ten pick spent on a defensive impact player. Money thrown around in FA at one corner and the other is our first round pick from a year ago.

I expect a championship if they want my support on a new stadium.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most years, it will come down to health. If we can not have the injury bug like the last few years then I believe the team is talented enough to take the division.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Considering that McCoy was given an extension anything short of a Divisinal Crown and subsequent AFC Championship should be considered an epic mismanagement.

Elite QB. First round RB. Top tier wide out. Hall of fame TE and all available resources invested into the offensive line.

Top ten pick spent on a defensive impact player. Money thrown around in FA at one corner and the other is our first round pick from a year ago.

I expect a championship if they want my support on a new stadium.

I kinda want them to go to LA. I like the idea of being better than the rams in their own market
Neutral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the optimism. The team made some important coaching changes on the lines, and getting Whiz back should be a big help to the offense. Factors like Pythagorean record, close games won/lost, sheer amount of injuries are volatile and point to the Chargers likely bouncing back, possibly in a big way. And the team went 9-7 the two years before last.

But let's not forget that most, if not all, of us spent half the season waiting for Mike McCoy to be fired. Can we expect McCoy to rally this team through adversity like he was unable to do in 2015? And the culture... remember Liuget making vague comments about certain players not being committed to winning? I'd like to think that Weddle took all that with him to Baltimore, but I wonder if this team has a culture problem. Too many times last year it looked like Rivers and only a few others actually cared. There's also the unresolved relocation issue hanging over the team.

11-12 wins? Those are really high expectations when your head coach is still on the hot seat. The only team in the AFC West who should be talking about that kind of record is Denver.
kramxel

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one aspect of this team (besides Rivers) that makes me have a positive mindset for next season is Whiz.

We have a lot of question marks throughout the roster, and we'll have to see how the new guys fit in, and that includes the new coaches.
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that we are super bowl ready yet but I like this year teams potential. I can see taking the division if we stay healthy and winning a round in the playoffs. The division is actually tough this year from top to bottom.
game3525

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too many times last year it looked like Rivers and only a few others actually cared. There's also the unresolved relocation issue hanging over the team.

I was concerned about that as well, but December changed my mind. Those guys, especially the young guys played hard in the end when they could have easily packed it in.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
I get the optimism. The team made some important coaching changes on the lines, and getting Whiz back should be a big help to the offense. Factors like Pythagorean record, close games won/lost, sheer amount of injuries are volatile and point to the Chargers likely bouncing back, possibly in a big way. And the team went 9-7 the two years before last.

But let's not forget that most, if not all, of us spent half the season waiting for Mike McCoy to be fired. Can we expect McCoy to rally this team through adversity like he was unable to do in 2015? And the culture... remember Liuget making vague comments about certain players not being committed to winning? I'd like to think that Weddle took all that with him to Baltimore, but I wonder if this team has a culture problem. Too many times last year it looked like Rivers and only a few others actually cared. There's also the unresolved relocation issue hanging over the team.

11-12 wins? Those are really high expectations when your head coach is still on the hot seat. The only team in the AFC West who should be talking about that kind of record is Denver.

KC is the favorite to win the AFC West.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shuffle back and forth between Neutral and kramxel's line of thinking. On on hand, I do think McCoy is a below average coach and was the primary reason why the team underperformed so badly last year (injuries being the other culprit). But on the other hand, Whiz will be our OC again which is a godsend. If McCoy can give Wiz free reign over this offense, then I believe we could be a top 5 offense next year.

Obviously injuries can derail any team, but I do thing we are deeper at certain key positions (offensive line and defensive line). I put down 10 wins because I'm an optimist. But I expect the AFC West to be the toughest division in the NFL next year. The season will depend on how we handle the Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders' monstrous pass rushes. I really hope Melvin is practicing his pass blocking.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
I shuffle back and forth between Neutral and kramxel's line of thinking. On on hand, I do think McCoy is a below average coach and was the primary reason why the team underperformed so badly last year (injuries being the other culprit). But on the other hand, Whiz will be our OC again which is a godsend. If McCoy can give Wiz free reign over this offense, then I believe we could be a top 5 offense next year.

Obviously injuries can derail any team, but I do thing we are deeper at certain key positions (offensive line and defensive line). I put down 10 wins because I'm an optimist. But I expect the AFC West to be the toughest division in the NFL next year. The season will depend on how we handle the Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders' monstrous pass rushes. I really hope Melvin is practicing his pass blocking.

How we handle there pass rush. This is why I wanted Tunsil
Bolts223

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
charger-man wrote:

The one thing I'm hoping for is that maybe our short passing game can improve even more than it already has with the combination of Gates/Henry at TE. That should help when dealing with these monster pass rushes. And it can also help if we want to control the time of possession if we hope to pull off a major upset in Carolina or something.
Bolts223

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also even though I think we will have the weakest pass rush in the division I think we should be able to get to QB's next year. Bosa, Ingram and Attaouchu are capable of bringing pretty consistent pressure.
game3525

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
charger-man wrote:

By running the ball more effectively, which was the biggest issue with the offensive line last year.
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably get back to .500, hope we would do worse though. This team doesn't look ready to compete and I don't see anyone breaking out into superstar status next year so might as well try to load up on them through the draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: