You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CW21's 2017 NFL Draft Thread (RB Grades Updated)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you hate George Kittle?

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I think you have Alvin Kamara too low. 2nd round is where I have him.

After Fournette, Cook, Mixon, and McCaffrey...

I can't say I don't see the appeal of Kamara, but given his limited workload and his body type I can't say that I have any reason to really believe that he's going to be a bell cow back. While at Tennessee, he split snaps with Jalen Hurd and never was asked to carry the load. He only had 2 games where he ran the ball 15+ times. Of the 11 games he played in last year, only 2 game with 15+ rushing attempts. That's alarming. People complain about McCaffrey and his ability to handle a large workload, but despite being 10 pounds lighter he's shown the ability to handle a large snap count. That's not something Kamara has shown. To me, Kamara is a back you have to pair with a bigger back to find success.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

No. It was an accidental omission. Really hadn't done much evaluation on him, and when his testing numbers came out it made me go back and watch him. I've added him to the rankings.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I think you have Alvin Kamara too low. 2nd round is where I have him.

After Fournette, Cook, Mixon, and McCaffrey...

I can't say I don't see the appeal of Kamara, but given his limited workload and his body type I can't say that I have any reason to really believe that he's going to be a bell cow back. While at Tennessee, he split snaps with Jalen Hurd and never was asked to carry the load. He only had 2 games where he ran the ball 15+ times. Of the 11 games he played in last year, only 2 game with 15+ rushing attempts. That's alarming. People complain about McCaffrey and his ability to handle a large workload, but despite being 10 pounds lighter he's shown the ability to handle a large snap count. That's not something Kamara has shown. To me, Kamara is a back you have to pair with a bigger back to find success.

This is fair but I don't look for 250+ carries a year running backs anymore.

I'm just looking for a guy that can be explosive and impact the game with ~15 touches (10-12 carries and 3-5 receptions) per game. Which I think Kamara can do. Devonta Freeman is close to that example. He had 227 carries last season, which equates to about ~14 carries a game. Spencer Ware as well with 214 carries (~13 per game).

If you can average 4.5-5 yards per attempt in those snaps which I think McCaffrey and Kamara can accomplish, they are worth the pick. Guys like Zeke and Fournette that can dominate and carry the full load are ideal but they are the exceptions to the rule these days...
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give a breakdown on why you gave Brantley a 1st round grade? I have my eye on him, but most seem to think he's a 2nd round talent.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
This is fair but I don't look for 250+ carries a year running backs anymore.

I'm not saying you need or want someone with a heavy workload in college, but what you described is essentially a situational back. Being able to run different formations and play call with the same personnel, so players who are versatile enough to perform multiple roles. I'm not sure that's Kamara at this point. And if you're essentially a situational back, you're not playing a ton of snaps and probably not worth a top pick.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Can you give a breakdown on why you gave Brantley a 1st round grade? I have my eye on him, but most seem to think he's a 2nd round talent.

I believe I placed him in the first round a while back, still in the process of updating my rankings. Should likely be slotted in the 2nd round when it's all said and done. As for Brantley, a big guy who can eat space and provide interior pass rush is a valuable combination because you usually don't get both.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CWood, can you give me your Cliff's Notes thoughts on Mahomes?
Techbert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

How can anyone hate George Kittle?
Techbert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at all at Jack Nelson qb Winona State?

I mean, he holds the ball with 2 hands already, and ya gotta like that.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on Jermaine Eluemunor, Larry Ogunjobi, and Blair Brown? Specifically, why do you hate them?

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so low on Brian Hill CWood?

Wow, after you updated your CB rankings ours became really close.

You're a bit higher on Awuzie, lower on Q. Wilson, and lower on Tank, but that's about it. It seems like we agree on pretty much everyone else.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this in previous years, going to bring it back.

Draft Musings (4/17 Edition)

~At this point, I'm buying the notion that the Browns are interested in Mitch Trubisky but not to the point where I think they're going to pass on Myles Garrett to do so. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they actively were looking to move up from the 12th overall pick to ensure they land him. They might have to trade above New York at six to land him. Tennessee at 5 and Jacksonville both seem like potential trading partners depending on how the board shapes out to them.

~Speaking of trading, I believe that San Francisco is desperate to move down and might even be willing to take a below-market deal in order to do so. I don't think they're looking to jump too far down, and Cleveland at 12 might be a bit too far for them to fall. I think Carolina at 8 is the obvious candidate to move up as they could be looking to move up to grab Leonard Fournette or Solomon Thomas at 2, neither of which are likely to fall to them at 8.

~Speaking of Fournette, it seems like the worst kept secret in football is Jacksonville and their interest in Fournette and seems to be a stalwart in most mock drafts. If Fournette goes before the Jaguars pick at four, I wouldn't be surprised if they move down and looked to add more picks. If they trade down, don't be surprised if Garett Bolles out of Utah is their target in a trade down. Branden Albert is set to be their starting LT, which means Bolles likely starts at RT as a rookie before eventually getting moved over to LT in the future.

~Looking at the quarterbacks, I believe that Mitch Trubisky will be the first QB off the board and I believe he's going inside the top 6. After that, I believe that Patrick Mahomes is the 2nd QB off the board and I think Arizona is the first team that is going to be interested in taking him, although I don't think Bruce Arians really wants to take him at 13. The problem is that I'm not sure he's going to make it to a point where Arizona will be in range to move up to grab him. Reportedly, Houston loves him so that could easily be his floor. I think Deshaun Watson has a few NFL fans, but I'd look at Buffalo and Chicago to move back into the latter portion of the first round to grab him if he's still available.

~I don't believe there's going to be a ton of maneuvering in this year's first round outside of a handful of teams jockeying for certain players. I'd anticipate this draft is relatively quiet in terms of trades at least in the first round.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Hey CWood, can you give me your Cliff's Notes thoughts on Mahomes?

Physically doesn't leave much to be desired. Athletic QB that has more than enough arm strengths to make all the throws. Quite frankly, he makes some throws that he honestly shouldn't be making. Clearly has confidence in his arm, which could get him into trouble at the next level. From a mental standpoint, he's a near total unknown as the scheme at Tech didn't really ask him to do a lot of progressions or reads, and often gave him a lot of predesigned targets. Personally, if I'm taking a QB in the first round I'm anticipating him being a starting QB at some point in the first round but I'm not sure he's going to be ready. Probably better off given a year learning the scheme and working on his fundamentals.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techbert wrote:
Have you looked at all at Jack Nelson qb Winona State?

Nope. Probably nothing more than an UDFA that you bring in as a camp body.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: