Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
fwiw, NFL.com had this in Anthony Browns profile last year:

Quote:
Passive tackler with inconsistent effort against the run.

Turned into our best tackling DB.

Not arguing anything. I haven't seen him play. He may be great.

But you cherry-picked the info.

I mean... I guess. The stuff that I posted was literally titled STRENGTHS. It's kinda in all caps right before the paragraph.

Didn't realize I was cherry picking by not including weaknesses in a write up about his strengths. Maybe if it were titled ALL THERE IS TO KNOW, then you'd have a case.

The little paragraph you posted is more cherry picking because it's called BOTTOM LINE, which doesn't seem to include anything about his high tackle numbers or how he once led his team in picks, just that he is a good tester with no production.

But what ever.

You used part of a scouting report that rips him big-time as evidence that he's a good prospect.

And I posted a picture of him playing football. Don't forget that.

Also the having 169 tackles in two years(more tackles per year than Hooker or Adams), and 3 picks as a true sophomore. Production that is backed by an amazing combine. I posted that as evidence as well.

And he was brought up as a potential late 4th round pick, with 5th and 6th round grades...c'mon. Of course the scouting report isn't going talk him up like Ed Reed.

If I wanted to give you a complete break down of the guy I would have watched some film of him playing football, started a new thread about just him. Then proceed to post my complete take on him, and title the thread DaBoys' Complete Take On Montae Nicholson. Then if I conveniently left out everything bad about him to make him look better than he is, then sure, make a gripe.

But I posted about a prospect, in the prospects thread, and listed the reasons why I felt he would be intriguing. I also presented him as a potential late 4th round pick. So there should be some assumed weaknesses.

I posted in here because you guys love the draft like I love the draft. And maybe one of you have heard of him/watched him play/ know something more about him, and then I learn more about the NFL draft as a whole. Maybe you didn't know the things that I posted, so you learned something too. That's how this thing works.

I started the post about him like this:

Quote:
GUYS!!!!!!

This Montae Nicholson kid looks REALLY good!

What about that makes you think I'm about to give a complete breakdown of this guy? Sounds more like I'm about highlight some reasons why I think he looks like a good 4th round pick. Which he was in a mock posted right above that.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You stated the kid is really good and then used an excerpt from a scouting report that, by and large, trashes him as a prospect as your evidence. That feels intellectually dishonest to me.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
You stated the kid is really good and then used an excerpt from a scouting report that, by and large, trashes him as a prospect as your evidence. That feels intellectually dishonest to me.

You need to get laid.

I stated that the kid looks(as in idk yet) really good and admitted I just heard of him for the first time less than an hour before posting.

I used an excerpt from a draft profile.

The Profile has a scouting report in it, but it also has his stats, and actual tangible results from his play. His combine results are included as well.

If you have ever been to NFL.com and looked at a players draft profile, which I assume all of you have, then you know that every player has strengths and every player has weaknesses. Then their are obscure quotes from unnamed scouts from unnamed teams. Then their are combine results. Then their is an overview that kinda tells you about his production each year he was in school, and a little about him personally. Height and weight measurements. Then at the bottom, there is the bottom line, that has someone who isn't you give his overall opinion of the player summed up in a paragraph.

It was pretty obvious I just posted the Overview and his strengths. I kept the overview/strength titles and put it in quotes. Most people can tell I'm not hiding anything.
Laughing

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

You need to get laid.

I stated that the kid looks(as in idk yet) really good and admitted I just heard of him for the first time less than an hour before posting.

I used an excerpt from a draft profile.

The Profile has a scouting report in it, but it also has his stats, and actual tangible results from his play. His combine results are included as well.

If you have ever been to NFL.com and looked at a players draft profile, which I assume all of you have, then you know that every player has strengths and every player has weaknesses. Then their are obscure quotes from unnamed scouts from unnamed teams. Then their are combine results. Then their is an overview that kinda tells you about his production each year he was in school, and a little about him personally. Height and weight measurements. Then at the bottom, there is the bottom line, that has someone who isn't you give his overall opinion of the player summed up in a paragraph.

It was pretty obvious I just posted the Overview and his strengths. I kept the overview/strength titles and put it in quotes. Most people can tell I'm not hiding anything.
Laughing

Care to explain what getting laid has to do with anything NYFD was calling you out on?

And he's right, you cherry picked. Not a big deal though. But if you're going to post the draft profile of a player, it would've been nice to see the weaknesses of that player too (so we could get a complete picture of that player).

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Fabian Moreau at 34. Budda Baker/Desmond King/Derrick Rivers/Sidney Jones (if I wanted to be like the cowboys).

If the draft went this way, I'd be a very happy camper. may go King then try trading up for Jones/Rivers
eagles suck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Question.

If Corey Davis falls to 28 would you take him?

If so how would you handle our Wr rotation?

RECEPTION-69 YARDS-673 TD'S-3
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

Easily. I would cut Lucky's [inappropriate/removed] and demote Butler to 5th WR.

When life hands you lemons, just say f*** the lemons and bail.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

Depends on who's there.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

Almost definitely. The guy is a difference maker.

He'd be the starter with Dez. Cole in the slot. Terrance as great depth. Butler may be cut or fighting for snaps.
resilient

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

he may be my "man crush number 1" of the possible players available!

Impact talent over need.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

If he's the BPA, yes. I absolutely would. The guy is a true stud WR. So unless someone like Derek Barnett happens to fall to us, I'd pull the trigger.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

If he's the BPA, yes. I absolutely would. The guy is a true stud WR. So unless someone like Derek Barnett happens to fall to us, I'd pull the trigger.

OR Humphrey or Lattimore, or Adam's or hooker. Laughing
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I think the smart move is Dallas to draft McCaffrey if he is there. I personally would use him like the Packers used Montgomery, before they labeled him as a RB.

McCaffrey's position in the NFL is going to be WR, but he can also be considered an offensive weapon because he will be able to play either WR/RB, which makes him dangerous because you always have to account for him when he is on the field.

With Dallas drafting him, they eliminate 2 players that they previously had and do not need anymore, with one just signing with a different team today. We would no longer need Lance Dunbar or Lucky Whitehead. McCaffrey can play that receiving back/speed guy that DUnbar played for Dallas, but more successfull. He can replace Lucky Whitehead by being a successful slot receiver and offensive weapon, as well as, being a effective returner in the kicking game.

I would be over the moon if Dallas can somehow get McCaffrey on this offense and use him to this capacity.

Would you agree that spending back to back 1st round picks on a RB is too rich for us? On that alone I would rather have Adoree Jackson instead. He's an elite athlete who Rod should be able to mold into a good CB. His return skills are just as good as McCaffrey's also.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

Am I the only one who thinks Barnett is going to make an average pro at best? I think if you changed the colors and numbers of the jersey's in Michael Sam's college tape, you could be fooled into thinking you were watching Barnett.

There are quite a few pash rushers I prefer. I just don't see it. Very productive college player, but not a 10 sack NFL guy.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
I have a Question.

I'm with NYFDB on this.

I would look for a trade option. With the caveat I'm not trading Davis' rights without getting a big haul in return.

Quote:
Cowboys exec on Romo: "There were seasons where, without him, we'd have been the Cleveland Browns and won two games."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: