Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest 4 round mock from "draft analyst" Chad Rueter from NFL.com

28. Dallas Cowboys: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
60. Dallas Cowboys: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
92. Dallas Cowboys: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky
134. Dallas Cowboys: Montae Nicholson, S, Michigan State

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the smart move is Dallas to draft McCaffrey if he is there. I personally would use him like the Packers used Montgomery, before they labeled him as a RB.

McCaffrey's position in the NFL is going to be WR, but he can also be considered an offensive weapon because he will be able to play either WR/RB, which makes him dangerous because you always have to account for him when he is on the field.

With Dallas drafting him, they eliminate 2 players that they previously had and do not need anymore, with one just signing with a different team today. We would no longer need Lance Dunbar or Lucky Whitehead. McCaffrey can play that receiving back/speed guy that DUnbar played for Dallas, but more successfull. He can replace Lucky Whitehead by being a successful slot receiver and offensive weapon, as well as, being a effective returner in the kicking game.

I would be over the moon if Dallas can somehow get McCaffrey on this offense and use him to this capacity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I think the smart move is Dallas to draft McCaffrey if he is there. I personally would use him like the Packers used Montgomery, before they labeled him as a RB.

McCaffrey's position in the NFL is going to be WR, but he can also be considered an offensive weapon because he will be able to play either WR/RB, which makes him dangerous because you always have to account for him when he is on the field.

With Dallas drafting him, they eliminate 2 players that they previously had and do not need anymore, with one just signing with a different team today. We would no longer need Lance Dunbar or Lucky Whitehead. McCaffrey can play that receiving back/speed guy that DUnbar played for Dallas, but more successfull. He can replace Lucky Whitehead by being a successful slot receiver and offensive weapon, as well as, being a effective returner in the kicking game.

I would be over the moon if Dallas can somehow get McCaffrey on this offense and use him to this capacity.

Nahhhh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYS!!!!!!

This Montae Nicholson kid looks REALLY good!

Michigan St.
SS
6'2" 212 lbs.
33 3/8 arms

4.42 forty!(3rd)
10'5" broad(5th)

Kinda looks like his solid play was overshawdowed by his poor team, kinda like Anthony Brown was in Purdue. We may be able to get a steal.

Quote:
OVERVIEW

The Spartans' poor 2016 season caused Nicholson's play to be overshadowed by Ohio State and Michigan defensive backs. NFL scouts know, however, that Nicholson's athleticism and aggression make him a potential starter. He was an all-state football player and three-time track champion as a high school senior in Pennsylvania, then stepped into the starting lineup as a true freshman (three starts, 31 tackles). Nicholson tied for the team lead with three picks in 2015, making 83 stops, 2.5 for loss and helping MSU make the college football playoffs. He also participated on the track squad, placing sixth in the Big Ten Indoor meet in the long jump. As a junior, he made 86 tackles, two for loss, and intercepted one pass.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Height, weight and speed box checks across the board. Has a feel for route combinations and shades his coverage accordingly. Shows a willingness to trigger into anticipated passing lanes once he recognizes where pattern is headed. Long strider with some range over the top. Michigan State coaches expect him to test well in explosion drills. Takes few false steps and looks more comfortable in a Cover-2 shell.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Nahhhh

Care to elaborate?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping Dallas DOESNT draft a CB/DB in rd 1, for 2 simple reasons.

1 - my personal philosophy of very good D-lineman (DE) over any CB/DB position related to impact of a defense.

2 - as relates to this draft. there is a greater disparity in the DE drop-off of talent from mid-RD1 to 2nd and 3rd than the drop-off from the CB/DB positions IMHO.

or in other words I believe we can still get just about the same quality later in the draft for CB/DB, which I don't see for the DE position.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Jlash wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Nahhhh

Care to elaborate?

I think his ability to be a real RB in the NFL is being discounted, and things like your statement are the perfect example. I think he's going to be a RB in the NFL, who has the ability to be a match up problem out of the backfield.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
GUYS!!!!!!

Michigan St.
SS
6'2" 212 lbs.
33 3/8 arms

4.42 forty!(3rd)
10'5" broad(5th)

Kinda looks like his solid play was overshawdowed by his poor team, kinda like Anthony Brown was in Purdue. We may be able to get a steal.

Quote:
OVERVIEW

The Spartans' poor 2016 season caused Nicholson's play to be overshadowed by Ohio State and Michigan defensive backs. NFL scouts know, however, that Nicholson's athleticism and aggression make him a potential starter. He was an all-state football player and three-time track champion as a high school senior in Pennsylvania, then stepped into the starting lineup as a true freshman (three starts, 31 tackles). Nicholson tied for the team lead with three picks in 2015, making 83 stops, 2.5 for loss and helping MSU make the college football playoffs. He also participated on the track squad, placing sixth in the Big Ten Indoor meet in the long jump. As a junior, he made 86 tackles, two for loss, and intercepted one pass.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Height, weight and speed box checks across the board. Has a feel for route combinations and shades his coverage accordingly. Shows a willingness to trigger into anticipated passing lanes once he recognizes where pattern is headed. Long strider with some range over the top. Michigan State coaches expect him to test well in explosion drills. Takes few false steps and looks more comfortable in a Cover-2 shell.

a steal would be determined based on the RD drafted? what are you seeing expecting?
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
GUYS!!!!!!

Michigan St.
SS
6'2" 212 lbs.
33 3/8 arms

4.42 forty!(3rd)
10'5" broad(5th)

Quote:
OVERVIEW

ANALYSIS

Didn't think posting the rest of that profile was necessary?

Quote:
Bottom Line Nicholson has outstanding size and could test well at the combine and his pro day, but his tape is blah and no amount of workouts in shorts and t-shirts will change that. Nicholson's lack of playmaking production combined with his unsure tackling make him a traits-only prospect who could have a hard time sticking in the league unless he finds more confidence and aggression.
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Jlash wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Nahhhh

Care to elaborate?

I think his ability to be a real RB in the NFL is being discounted, and things like your statement are the perfect example. I think he's going to be a RB in the NFL, who has the ability to be a match up problem out of the backfield.

I believe he has a real ability to be a RB in this league too, depending on the team is what you are going to look at him as. I believe Dallas and most teams would look at him as a WR that can be a threat where ever you put him on the field, but a team with a need at RB would view him differently.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
GUYS!!!!!!

Michigan St.
SS
6'2" 212 lbs.
33 3/8 arms

4.42 forty!(3rd)
10'5" broad(5th)

Quote:
OVERVIEW

ANALYSIS

Didn't think posting the rest of that profile was necessary?

Quote:
Bottom Line Nicholson has outstanding size and could test well at the combine and his pro day, but his tape is blah and no amount of workouts in shorts and t-shirts will change that. Nicholson's lack of playmaking production combined with his unsure tackling make him a traits-only prospect who could have a hard time sticking in the league unless he finds more confidence and aggression.

kinda contradicting no?

Quote:
The Spartans' poor 2016 season caused Nicholson's play to be overshadowed by Ohio State and Michigan defensive backs. NFL scouts know, however, that Nicholson's athleticism and aggression make him a potential starter.

Quote:
hard time sticking in the league unless he finds more confidence and aggression.

He's being credited and knocked for the same thing in the same scouting report.

I personally have not seen his tape. I first heard his name about 20 minutes ago. The scouting report seems contradicting. The combine results are great. The report says his tape is blah, yet he had 169 tackles and 4 picks in his true Sophomore/Junior seasons. Led the team in picks as a true sophomore, but the report says he doesn't make plays. How do you have over 80 tackles a season, at the safety spot, without being at least a little aggressive? That's more tackles than Hooker or Adams.

and @resilient -- people have a 4th/5th round grade on him. Much like Anthony Brown(who also tested really well at the combine) who fell to the 6th.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw, NFL.com had this in Anthony Browns profile last year:

Quote:
Passive tackler with inconsistent effort against the run.

Turned into our best tackling DB.

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

Quote:

Not arguing anything. I haven't seen him play. He may be great.

But you cherry-picked the info.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Quote:

I mean... I guess. The stuff that I posted was literally titled STRENGTHS. It's kinda in all caps right before the paragraph.

Didn't realize I was cherry picking by not including weaknesses in a write up about his strengths. Maybe if it were titled ALL THERE IS TO KNOW, then you'd have a case.

The little paragraph you posted is more cherry picking because it's called BOTTOM LINE, which doesn't seem to include anything about his high tackle numbers or how he once led his team in picks, just that he is a good tester with no production.

But what ever.

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Quote:

I mean... I guess. The stuff that I posted was literally titled STRENGTHS. It's kinda in all caps right before the paragraph.

Didn't realize I was cherry picking by not including weaknesses in a write up about his strengths. Maybe if it were titled ALL THERE IS TO KNOW, then you'd have a case.

The little paragraph you posted is more cherry picking because it's called BOTTOM LINE, which doesn't seem to include anything about his high tackle numbers or how he once led his team in picks, just that he is a good tester with no production.

But what ever.

You used part of a scouting report that rips him big-time as evidence that he's a good prospect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 56 of 69

Jump to: