Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
resilient


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 4527
Location: where old school ballers go to die
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
A smart bet is CB, DE, and S for your #28.
Outliers are OT, and TE.


logically speaking you are correct. But...
_________________
it's not the SKILL of a man, but the WILL of a man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 18578
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8221
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.


Are Davis and Williams the only two WRs that you could see Dallas pulling the trigger on at 28?
_________________
Kilty as charged.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Devin Kurant


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 11533
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
In all fairness, Dallas has to bring in someone at RB. Currently only have 2 under contract(Zeke and Morris). And Morris was a healthy scratch down the stretch as he proved to be an inefficient spell back. The team preferred McFadden and Dunbar to Morris. So I'm saying it wouldn't surprise if they cut him. Leaving only Zeke.

Whatever RB we bring in will be used sparingly, so the cheapest place to find one? Late round draft pick. The team was seen talking to RB Pumphrey already, so the FO clearly has interest in drafting another back.

Had they not released Jackson for no reason it might be different but I can easily see a RB getting drafted to be a long term cheap compliment to Zeke.

In fact, I don't want to make you sick, but some are saying that Christian McCaffrey is very much in play at 28 for Dallas. Based on him being able to take McFaddens role to spell Zeke, take Dunbars role as a receiving back, split out wide, and play special teams return man.. The Cowboys love versatility.


I'd love and hate the McCaffrey pick at the same time. He's going to kill it in the NFL I think and would be a great pick for us, but at the same time the Line and now Safety positions are just too bare.
_________________


When life hands you lemons, just say f*** the lemons and bail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 48768
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.


Are Davis and Williams the only two WRs that you could see Dallas pulling the trigger on at 28?


Either way its a moot point - there are way too many WR needy teams. If one of them is there, we trade the pick, IMO
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 15561
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.


Are Davis and Williams the only two WRs that you could see Dallas pulling the trigger on at 28?


Either way its a moot point - there are way too many WR needy teams. If one of them is there, we trade the pick, IMO


Yep. Huge long shot that either Davis/Williams fall to #28. Will say it would have to be a sweet deal to trade away from them though, especially Davis. Like NYFDB said, Williams and Butler are are both signed for peanuts. I can't discount Dez either. Injuries are a concern and after '17, Dallas could walk away.



Someone mentioned Darius Jackson. Thinking Dallas would like to have a do over on his release. Thought they really him. Hindsight is great, but that was a very short-sighted move, imo. Not sure who took his spot upon release.
_________________

Quote:
Cowboys exec on Romo: "There were seasons where, without him, we'd have been the Cleveland Browns and won two games."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8221
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.


Are Davis and Williams the only two WRs that you could see Dallas pulling the trigger on at 28?


Either way its a moot point - there are way too many WR needy teams. If one of them is there, we trade the pick, IMO


Yep. Huge long shot that either Davis/Williams fall to #28. Will say it would have to be a sweet deal to trade away from them though, especially Davis. Like NYFDB said, Williams and Butler are are both signed for peanuts. I can't discount Dez either. Injuries are a concern and after '17, Dallas could walk away.



Someone mentioned Darius Jackson. Thinking Dallas would like to have a do over on his release. Thought they really him. Hindsight is great, but that was a very short-sighted move, imo. Not sure who took his spot upon release.


Quote:
Cowboys cut promising rookie Darius Jackson in order to make room for Darren McFadden's return from injury, on Tuesday.

_________________
Kilty as charged.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 15561
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.


Are Davis and Williams the only two WRs that you could see Dallas pulling the trigger on at 28?


Either way its a moot point - there are way too many WR needy teams. If one of them is there, we trade the pick, IMO


Yep. Huge long shot that either Davis/Williams fall to #28. Will say it would have to be a sweet deal to trade away from them though, especially Davis. Like NYFDB said, Williams and Butler are are both signed for peanuts. I can't discount Dez either. Injuries are a concern and after '17, Dallas could walk away.



Someone mentioned Darius Jackson. Thinking Dallas would like to have a do over on his release. Thought they really him. Hindsight is great, but that was a very short-sighted move, imo. Not sure who took his spot upon release.


Quote:
Cowboys cut promising rookie Darius Jackson in order to make room for Darren McFadden's return from injury, on Tuesday.


Just got done looking it up. Why he was released over Morris or Dunbar, is....well, dumb.
_________________

Quote:
Cowboys exec on Romo: "There were seasons where, without him, we'd have been the Cleveland Browns and won two games."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8221
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a move that was short sighted and questioned by many at the time. I guess the staff felt that they had a better chance at winning the superbowl in 2016 with McFadden, and Dunbar. And if they got in a pickle they would bring up Morris over Jackson so they just cut him.

An Lo, we didn't win the superbowl. And now our roster has only Zeke and Morris. And we are looking at getting a 6th round RB. Which is the same round we got Jackson in.
_________________
Kilty as charged.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 15561
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordoun Lewis facing DV charges per Twittersphere
_________________

Quote:
Cowboys exec on Romo: "There were seasons where, without him, we'd have been the Cleveland Browns and won two games."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 18578
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying. I just think that WR isn't as ruled out as you think, especially if a real stud falls.

That said, I think it's barely worth discussing, because game-changers like Davis and Williams almost definitely won't be available.


Are Davis and Williams the only two WRs that you could see Dallas pulling the trigger on at 28?


I haven't had a chance to watch all the receivers yet. And I'm less sold on Williams than I am on Davis. All I'm saying is that if a special player somehow drops to #28, I am interested, regardless of needs. And on top of that, a #1 caliber WR Ranks higher on usefulness to me than a utility RB or a center.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8221
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw, there is a great chance McCaffrey, Davis, and Williams are all gone well before we pick.

I had to run 8 simulations(with 3 different BBs) before I got one with McCaffrey still on the board.
_________________
Kilty as charged.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt79511


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4969
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
fwiw, there is a great chance McCaffrey, Davis, and Williams are all gone well before we pick.

I had to run 8 simulations(with 3 different BBs) before I got one with McCaffrey still on the board.


Which is what makes him such an intriguing prospect. A nontraditional, pass catching RB as a Top 20 pick is pretty unheard of tbh. I think he has a pretty wide draft range, and wherever he ends up going will say a lot about that team, as well as the state and future of how the sport is played.

Fwiw, I obviously think he's really special and worthy of going higher than I think he will end up going. My main concern is his odometer
_________________


Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cav_fan2


Joined: 12 Feb 2005
Posts: 1747
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30: R1P30
WR MIKE WILLIAMS, CLEMSON

64: R2P32
EDGE TARELL BASHAM, OHIO

65: R3P1
CB ADOREE' JACKSON, USC

93: R3P29
CB SIDNEY JONES, WASHINGTON

133: R4P26
EDGE DEMARCUS WALKER, FLORIDA STATE

138: R4P31
S JOSH JONES, NC STATE

211: R6P27
TE JONNU SMITH, FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

227: R7P9
RB DE'VEON SMITH, MICHIGAN

228: R7P10
DL STEVIE TU'IKOLOVATU, USC

246: R7P28
CB EZRA ROBINSON, TENNESSEE STATE

251: R7P33
G ERIC SMITH, VIRGINIA

Quote:
TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
CAROLINA PANTHERS
SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 28
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 32
ROUND: 5 PICK: 8

TRADE PARTNER:
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
SENT:
ROUND: 5 PICK: 8
ROUND: 6 PICK: 29
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 30

TRADE PARTNER:
CINCINNATI BENGALS
SENT:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 30
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 31
ROUND: 7 PICK: 33

TRADE PARTNER:
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
SENT:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 28
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 30
ROUND: 6 PICK: 29
ROUND: 7 PICK: 9

TRADE PARTNER:
GREEN BAY PACKERS
SENT:
FUTURE ROUND 2 PICK
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 29

TRADE PARTNER:
CLEVELAND BROWNS
SENT:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 28
FUTURE ROUND 3 PICK
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 1


Only trade I somewhat regret is the last one. I may have overpaid for Adoree. But time will tell I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21508
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cav_fan2 wrote:
30: R1P30
WR MIKE WILLIAMS, CLEMSON

64: R2P32
EDGE TARELL BASHAM, OHIO

65: R3P1
CB ADOREE' JACKSON, USC

93: R3P29
CB SIDNEY JONES, WASHINGTON

133: R4P26
EDGE DEMARCUS WALKER, FLORIDA STATE

138: R4P31
S JOSH JONES, NC STATE

211: R6P27
TE JONNU SMITH, FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

227: R7P9
RB DE'VEON SMITH, MICHIGAN

228: R7P10
DL STEVIE TU'IKOLOVATU, USC

246: R7P28
CB EZRA ROBINSON, TENNESSEE STATE

251: R7P33
G ERIC SMITH, VIRGINIA

Quote:
TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
CAROLINA PANTHERS
SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 28
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 32
ROUND: 5 PICK: 8

TRADE PARTNER:
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
SENT:
ROUND: 5 PICK: 8
ROUND: 6 PICK: 29
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 30

TRADE PARTNER:
CINCINNATI BENGALS
SENT:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 30
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 31
ROUND: 7 PICK: 33

TRADE PARTNER:
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
SENT:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 28
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 30
ROUND: 6 PICK: 29
ROUND: 7 PICK: 9

TRADE PARTNER:
GREEN BAY PACKERS
SENT:
FUTURE ROUND 2 PICK
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 29

TRADE PARTNER:
CLEVELAND BROWNS
SENT:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 28
FUTURE ROUND 3 PICK
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 1


Only trade I somewhat regret is the last one. I may have overpaid for Adoree. But time will tell I guess.


You didn't overpay for Adoree in the least. He will go at the very least in the 2nd. I would flip over this draft! Adoree is athletic enough to be used in situational.roles on offense on occasion. But Basham and walker is something serious to build on. And we can afford to sit Sidney for a year with Adoree on board. Mike Williams would be awesome. H/e if you were looking for another late round linemen to groom, his name aviante Collins from tcu. Kinda raw but the guy is Uber athletic and has more then enough physical ability to play outside and make one hell of swing tackle.

I doubt this draft happens. But I would cry tears of joy if it happened.
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 55 of 69

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group