Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Prospects Reply with quote

Screw waiting.

I am already looking ahead to next years draft and the talent that it can bring to this team.

So this is my Too Early target prospect list for next year. With some overviews of my personal favorites.

QB's

Reason- Because we didn't address it this year. And we need a legit successor to Romo.

Chad Kelly- Nephew of the great Jim Kelly this guy is going to remind people of Aaron Rodgers coming out with his build, and talent. Despite having some issues in the past, he has come on very strong. And there is no reason to think he can't put himself as a Top 3 prospect next year.

Luke Falk- A spread QB, but like Goff has shown the ability to stand in the pocket and pick apart defenses. We may have the best shot at Falk if we really come back strong next year because he will likely be dropped due to his history in the Spread. And with Mike Leach.

Patrick Towles- A project, pure and simple. Will probably draw comparisons to Wentz for athletic ability. But that is where it ends. Has erratic accuracy much like Cook or Hack, and questionable mental mistakes almost game by game.

Seth Russell- Another Baylor QB, but has the ability to eventually become a starter. Will need work to get adjusted to a pro style offense like Falk. This is a guy that will be around 3-5 rounds unless he shows something really special this year.

WR

Reason- We need a good No.2 to replace Williams if he doesn't step up this year. It isn't a need position because Romo can make it work. But we still could use someone to help out in t he passing game.

JuJu Smith- Lol we probably won't have a shot in hell at JuJu unless we pick top 10 again. This guy blows Treadwell and everyone else out of the water with his talent. May very well put up Kevin White like numbers at the combine.

Malachi Dupre- An impressive natural WR much in the same mold as Doctson. May not be a first rounder and may measure in a inch or so below what he is said to be.

K.D. Cannon- Baylor receiver so buyer beware sign on here. But this guy looks really freaking good on tape. He may even vault himself into first round status with his combination of play making ability with his size and speed.

Other
Mike Williams

Corey Davis

TE's

Reason- Another year of wear and tear on our future HOF. He cannot play forever and I doubt we see anything from Escobar or anyone else we have this year.

Jake Butt- Poor man's Gronk, I would even be willing to spend a first on this guy (even though he probably will be one). A natural receiver, fluid, and just all around bad [inappropriate/removed]. BACK ME UP PLANS! Oh and this guy like Witten has a knack for finding soft spots in the defense. My favorite prospect next year outside of Myles Garrett and Chad Kelly.

Jordan Leggett- Another good receiver, good enough blocker that can immediately come in and contribute for us.

Bucky Hodges

Jeremy Sprinkle

Jeb Blazevich

OT's

Reason- We need to replace Free and just incase Green doesn't work out. We should be looking any how. Not too crazy about what I see at first glance.

Cam Robinson

Chad Wheeler

Roderick Johnson

Casey Tucker

DE's

Reason- A very nice insurence policy incase one or two of our guys don't work out. Talent wise or drugs or w/e.

Myles Garrett- Again we probably won't have a shot unless we're picking Top 5. Garrett runs circles around anyone since Von Miller came out as a pass rusher. He can improve in areas. But this guy is as good as you will ever find at sacks. He even manhandled Tunsil for most of the game when they faced off and was constantly in Kelly's face. And he was a sophmore last year.

Derek Barnett- Violent edge rusher that seems to work better on strong side. Thick, but knows how to use his bulk and arms. No where near MG's level of pass rushing, but still will likely be a 1st rounder.

Jonathan Allen- I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if he bulked up and moved inside.

Lewis Neal- I like this guy, he reminds me of Anthony Spencer if he was roid raging on the football field. Plays violent, non stop motor. He may very well be the 2nd end off the board next year.

Daeshon Hall- Guys who wanted Buckner this year would love this guy, who is nearly as big but is clearly faster when you watch him play. More of a finesse rusher but can still easily blow a play up unless that tackle is quick on his feet.

Other
Chad Thomas

DT's

Reason- Well same reason as last year, unless Collins works out we really don't have a strength in the middle that can control the line and plug holes, or get to the QB.

Malik McDowell- This guy can disappear at times during games. But he is a very disruptive player when he is going. I wouldn't say he is going to just blow things up like a Robert Nkimdiche could when he went all out. But he can certainly disrupt the rhythm for the middle LOS.

Eddie Vanderdoes- This is the guy I was hoping would come out this year. He is disruptive, he may not have elite talent. But can be an effective starter for us and be selected at value.

Caleb Brantley- This guy is much like Maleik Collins, except he is just more talented. More explosive, stronger, and has a better motor.

Other
Montravius Adams
Chris Wormley
Charles Walker
Davon Godchaux

LB's

Reason- Well we have the very best LB core in the league. Problem is, most of the time their on the bench. Not to impressed with this draft class.

Jarrad Davis- A downfield missle that is good at getting around blockers and get to runner quick.

Reuben Foster

Raekwon McMillan

Josh Carraway

CB's

Reason- Well we didn't address it last year when we needed to, I can't imagine it getting any better this year.

Desmond King- Had a shot at being the top CB picked this year, but for some asinine reason decided to return. Still may be the best CB this year coming out too.

Jalen Tabor- Reminds me of Phillip Buchannon from Miami. Has a shot to grade out better then anyone of the last few years at the CB position with his skill level, playmaking ability and still apparent upside. King may still have an edge on him. But he has a very real chance to cement himself as a Top 10 pick.

Adoree Jackson- This guy may be a 1st rounder, but I just don't see it as a corner. I doubt he is given serious consideration as a Top 15 cover pick.

Safety

Reason- We have put it off for far too long.

Quin Blanding- A 5 star prospect coming out has the capability to play either safety position and can even be lined up out wide on a receiver. Right there with Jamal Adams as the best safety prospect.

Jamal Adams- Heres the guy I want and we probably won't get or won't have a shot at getting. He has the potential to set himself up as the next great safety prospect in the mold of Eric Berry. A real talent to find and scout next year.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.

Last edited by Calvert28 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myles Garrett x infinity

Probably a pipe dream, but a pleasant one at that. That kid is truly something else. #1 overall material.

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Myles Garrett x infinity

Probably a pipe dream, but a pleasant one at that. That kid is truly something else. #1 overall material.

I wish there was a way we could have "Larry Birded" this draft and taken Garrett at 4 Laughing

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You list Seth Russel but not Deshaun Watson... srsly?
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Butt is an OUTSTANDING prospect. He is the total package at TE and may very well end up a top 10 pick. I would happily invest a 1st round pick on him.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
You list Seth Russel but not Deshaun Watson... srsly?

Seth Russell is more then likely a 3rd rounder. Watson may very well be No.1 overall. Everyone I listed outside of Garrett and maybe JuJu are very attainable depending on their next season.

And on top of that, I don't like Watson. I still view him as more of a duel threat Cam Newton then a traditional pocket passer which is what I prefer.

If he was more like Luck or McNabb who were/are pass first only scrambling when absolutely necessary I would be higher on him.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pass rusher I would add is Tim Williams from Alabama. That guy is very, very good.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas will be taking a DB #1 next year so...I'll just get the Desmond King to Dallas bandwagon started now.

Kiltman on the sig
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Kaaya?

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Brad Kaaya?

I wouldn't mind if we got him. And I probably should have done a profile for him. But these are just guys I myself would like to have.

But to me he doesn't exhibit any special qualities that jump out at me as real franchise cornerstone. At least not for a 1st which I'm sure he'll get.

He's technically more sound then probably any of the other QB's this year. Shows good enough pocket awareness to stay upright. A good enough arm strength to make all the necessary throws. But he doesn't have any sort of wow or X factor that makes you drool over him. Nothing that makes me think this guy is a Peyton Field General, or a 2 minute magician like Brady.

I will so though. If he is there at 25 next year and we're sitting at 32 Very Happy (31 depending on the Pats again). I wouldn't mind trading up a few spots to take him.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd kinda rather wait for 2018 (Rosen) to take a QB...

Would not mind Tabor or King.

^^^El Rammy
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

/slap

NO NO MORE WAITING!

Do you not care about what happens to this team Des? Crying or Very sad

Do you only think about yourself Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Besides Chad Kelly is my no.1 target QB next year. Damn good pedigree, playmaker. And doesn't sound like a total [inappropriate/removed] like Rosen.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

/slap

NO NO MORE WAITING!

Do you only think about yourself Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Besides Chad Kelly is my no.1 target QB next year. Damn good pedigree, playmaker. And doesn't sound like a total [inappropriate/removed] like Rosen.

Laughing

It's two years.

^^^El Rammy
resilient

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

/slap

NO NO MORE WAITING!

R.E.L.A.X --- we have Romo for 5 more years!
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas drafted Dak, so if you're wanting a QB at all next year, save yourself the trouble and let that thought go.

Kiltman on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 1 of 69

Jump to: