You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it too early??
No
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author Message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
He gets to play in 2018 as well right? The pick is not just for year 1. 2018 Adams is a FA, CObb and Nelso might not be worth their contracts.

GB traded up for Spriggs in the 2nd and he played a lot less than 1/4 of the snaps.

Yes premium position and all that certainly makes WR less of a need, but it is as much for the long term as it is the short term


And that's not what I was trying to get at. You have to go back to Derek Sherrod the last time we had a first round pick that wasn't projected as a Day 1 starter, or at the very least was projected to play a significant role as a rotational player. Aside from Derek Sherrod, the only player who didn't fit that mold was Justin Harrell who was stepping into a rather deep DT position when they drafted him. And then you look at Ted's draft history, and aside from Aaron Rodgers the only offensive players that Ted has picked in the first round were offensive tackles who had LT potential. To me, that is more than just a coincidence. That's a concerted effort to draft a particular way. I'd be highly surprised if we didn't take a defensive player with our first round pick.

At the end of the day the discussion goes back to whether or not you feel that Corey Davis is a special talent? And I've said this now, and I'll probably repeat it again until draft day that I don't view him as a Julio Jones or Amari Cooper-level of talent. He's a good receiver, but it's just a poor use of draft picks. I view it as a similar situation to when the Packers took Eddie Lacy a few years back. The value has to be overwhelming for me to draft a skill position player early.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4473
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a name we haven't talked about: Taco Charlton.

Anyone think he could fill Peppers' role? I think he's a JPP type 4-3 DE, but Charlton's measurables aren't that far off from that of Peppers'.


Thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DocHambone


Joined: 12 Sep 2016
Posts: 445
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Here's a name we haven't talked about: Taco Charlton.

Anyone think he could fill Peppers' role? I think he's a JPP type 4-3 DE, but Charlton's measurables aren't that far off from that of Peppers'.


Thoughts?


Yuck. I want nothing to do with Charlton. Hes slow and not heavy. Don't see a role for him on this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Thoughts?


Calling his measureables aren't far off from Julius Peppers is an insult to Peppers. Peppers was an off-the-charts type of athlete. Quite frankly, I think even an aging Julius Peppers is a better athlete than Taco Charlton.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4473
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Thoughts?


Calling his measureables aren't far off from Julius Peppers is an insult to Peppers. Peppers was an off-the-charts type of athlete. Quite frankly, I think even an aging Julius Peppers is a better athlete than Taco Charlton.


Should've been a bit clearer. By measurables, I meant height, weight, body type...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packfan4


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 11253
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Here's a name we haven't talked about: Taco Charlton.

Anyone think he could fill Peppers' role? I think he's a JPP type 4-3 DE, but Charlton's measurables aren't that far off from that of Peppers'.


Thoughts?

Like him quite a bit, coaching is however going to be the difference between him being an All-Pro or just another guy who never realizes his upside.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 4800
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlton's not an edge in an odd front. You could maybe add weight and convert him to 5-tech, but we saw how well that works with our 2013 1st rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4473
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Charlton's not an edge in an odd front. You could maybe add weight and convert him to 5-tech, but we saw how well that works with our 2013 1st rounder.


...and others...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 4800
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Charlton's not an edge in an odd front. You could maybe add weight and convert him to 5-tech, but we saw how well that works with our 2013 1st rounder.


...and others...


For some reason I blanked on "Mike Neal" when I made that post, but that's possibly the better example of "expecting to make him a lot bigger" isn't going to work.

Honestly, I think Charlton is the John McCargo of this draft, third best player on his own DL, but looks really good because of the guys around him and thus will be overdrafted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Should've been a bit clearer. By measurables, I meant height, weight, body type...


Even then, that's a stretch. He's not a good fit for our defense.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4473
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Charlton's not an edge in an odd front. You could maybe add weight and convert him to 5-tech, but we saw how well that works with our 2013 1st rounder.


...and others...


For some reason I blanked on "Mike Neal" when I made that post, but that's possibly the better example of "expecting to make him a lot bigger" isn't going to work.


Boyd and Thornton come to mind but in a slightly different fashion.


Could someone please direct me to a list of potential draft prospects in which we've shown interest. I've known there have been some partial lists shared, but I assume there's a running list somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2351
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Rotoworld
Quote:

An NFC North area scout says Miami CB Corn Elder falls below his team's size thresholds.

"I love the player, but he's too small for what we are asked to look for," the scout said. "He falls below our minimum size requirements. But someone else is going to get a good player. I would fight for him if I could." The 5-foot-10, 188-pounder was compared to Tavon Young by NFL Media's Lance Zierlein."


That quote could be from a Green Bay scout especially when you consider the fact that Diggs, Munerlyn, and LeBlanc were all in the NFC North last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17912
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
From Rotoworld
Quote:

An NFC North area scout says Miami CB Corn Elder falls below his team's size thresholds.

"I love the player, but he's too small for what we are asked to look for," the scout said. "He falls below our minimum size requirements. But someone else is going to get a good player. I would fight for him if I could." The 5-foot-10, 188-pounder was compared to Tavon Young by NFL Media's Lance Zierlein."


That quote could be from a Green Bay scout especially when you consider the fact that Diggs, Munerlyn, and LeBlanc were all in the NFC North last year.


Ted just fired that guy.

EDIT: No, check that. We will draft him. Ted told him to leak that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin King is going to be our pick, it just makes too much sense.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 2755
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Kevin King is going to be our pick, it just makes too much sense.


How insane would it be if we went King R1 and S. Jones R2? Shocked

Obviously you only make that move if you're confident in the player. But it'd be any interesting storyline.
_________________
The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 96 of 98

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group