You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it too early??
No
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 34

CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
He gets to play in 2018 as well right? The pick is not just for year 1. 2018 Adams is a FA, CObb and Nelso might not be worth their contracts.

GB traded up for Spriggs in the 2nd and he played a lot less than 1/4 of the snaps.

Yes premium position and all that certainly makes WR less of a need, but it is as much for the long term as it is the short term

And that's not what I was trying to get at. You have to go back to Derek Sherrod the last time we had a first round pick that wasn't projected as a Day 1 starter, or at the very least was projected to play a significant role as a rotational player. Aside from Derek Sherrod, the only player who didn't fit that mold was Justin Harrell who was stepping into a rather deep DT position when they drafted him. And then you look at Ted's draft history, and aside from Aaron Rodgers the only offensive players that Ted has picked in the first round were offensive tackles who had LT potential. To me, that is more than just a coincidence. That's a concerted effort to draft a particular way. I'd be highly surprised if we didn't take a defensive player with our first round pick.

At the end of the day the discussion goes back to whether or not you feel that Corey Davis is a special talent? And I've said this now, and I'll probably repeat it again until draft day that I don't view him as a Julio Jones or Amari Cooper-level of talent. He's a good receiver, but it's just a poor use of draft picks. I view it as a similar situation to when the Packers took Eddie Lacy a few years back. The value has to be overwhelming for me to draft a skill position player early.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a name we haven't talked about: Taco Charlton.

Anyone think he could fill Peppers' role? I think he's a JPP type 4-3 DE, but Charlton's measurables aren't that far off from that of Peppers'.

Thoughts?
DocHambone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:

Anyone think he could fill Peppers' role? I think he's a JPP type 4-3 DE, but Charlton's measurables aren't that far off from that of Peppers'.

Thoughts?

Yuck. I want nothing to do with Charlton. Hes slow and not heavy. Don't see a role for him on this team.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Thoughts?

Calling his measureables aren't far off from Julius Peppers is an insult to Peppers. Peppers was an off-the-charts type of athlete. Quite frankly, I think even an aging Julius Peppers is a better athlete than Taco Charlton.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Thoughts?

Calling his measureables aren't far off from Julius Peppers is an insult to Peppers. Peppers was an off-the-charts type of athlete. Quite frankly, I think even an aging Julius Peppers is a better athlete than Taco Charlton.

Should've been a bit clearer. By measurables, I meant height, weight, body type...
packfan4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:

Thoughts?

Like him quite a bit, coaching is however going to be the difference between him being an All-Pro or just another guy who never realizes his upside.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlton's not an edge in an odd front. You could maybe add weight and convert him to 5-tech, but we saw how well that works with our 2013 1st rounder.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Charlton's not an edge in an odd front. You could maybe add weight and convert him to 5-tech, but we saw how well that works with our 2013 1st rounder.

...and others...
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

...and others...

For some reason I blanked on "Mike Neal" when I made that post, but that's possibly the better example of "expecting to make him a lot bigger" isn't going to work.

Honestly, I think Charlton is the John McCargo of this draft, third best player on his own DL, but looks really good because of the guys around him and thus will be overdrafted.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Should've been a bit clearer. By measurables, I meant height, weight, body type...

Even then, that's a stretch. He's not a good fit for our defense.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

...and others...

For some reason I blanked on "Mike Neal" when I made that post, but that's possibly the better example of "expecting to make him a lot bigger" isn't going to work.

Boyd and Thornton come to mind but in a slightly different fashion.

Could someone please direct me to a list of potential draft prospects in which we've shown interest. I've known there have been some partial lists shared, but I assume there's a running list somewhere.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Rotoworld
Quote:

An NFC North area scout says Miami CB Corn Elder falls below his team's size thresholds.

"I love the player, but he's too small for what we are asked to look for," the scout said. "He falls below our minimum size requirements. But someone else is going to get a good player. I would fight for him if I could." The 5-foot-10, 188-pounder was compared to Tavon Young by NFL Media's Lance Zierlein."

That quote could be from a Green Bay scout especially when you consider the fact that Diggs, Munerlyn, and LeBlanc were all in the NFC North last year.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
From Rotoworld
Quote:

An NFC North area scout says Miami CB Corn Elder falls below his team's size thresholds.

"I love the player, but he's too small for what we are asked to look for," the scout said. "He falls below our minimum size requirements. But someone else is going to get a good player. I would fight for him if I could." The 5-foot-10, 188-pounder was compared to Tavon Young by NFL Media's Lance Zierlein."

That quote could be from a Green Bay scout especially when you consider the fact that Diggs, Munerlyn, and LeBlanc were all in the NFC North last year.

Ted just fired that guy.

EDIT: No, check that. We will draft him. Ted told him to leak that.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin King is going to be our pick, it just makes too much sense.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Kevin King is going to be our pick, it just makes too much sense.

How insane would it be if we went King R1 and S. Jones R2? Shocked

Obviously you only make that move if you're confident in the player. But it'd be any interesting storyline.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 96 of 98

Jump to: