You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 7 / Pick 240 / Alex McCalister, DE, Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CarmineSantucci


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 143
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big roger on that. Pint of Ben n Jerry's a night will rapidly get him to 253. Don't think he can carry much more than that based on wrist/elbow breadth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7939
Location: St. Louis - Temporarily
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved this guy coming out in the draft. Super high on my board. Expected him to go 239, I think we got ourselves a steal at 240.
_________________

Chip Kelly on Sam Bradford: "We didnt bring in Sam to be a trade chip, Im the only Chip here"
vinniepaz wrote:
LOL roll is going off. I love you draft day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth JoneZ


Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Posts: 2141
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has solid measurables that certainly justify taking a flyer on him in the seventh round. Let's be realistic though: guys with his immaturity issues rarely work out. Hopefully he's an exception to the norm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth JoneZ


Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Posts: 2141
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Round 7 / Pick 240 / Alex McCalister, DE, Florida Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:




Arms that stretch for miles but the guy has tiny hands... We might end up calling him 'the Freak' for reasons other than a comparison to Jevon Kearse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited to see how McCalister looks.

I know he came into the league at 239 and he got up into the 250s during the season. His goal supposedly was to be 269 by training camp.

Not sure what his weight currently is, but these are some semi recent pics of him.





This was what he looked like a little over a year ago at the Combine.



Hope he has been working on adding a pass rush move or two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaymiz


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 650
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns 24 this year. Almost like having an extra rookie, Embiid style.

He can't be worse than Marcus, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we keep 9-10 DL 5DE 5DT or 6DE 4DT maybe but highly doubt 4 DE 5 DT

If McCallister got stronger and still keep his bend ability he could be really good..

I think a starting line of RE Barnett 3T Cox 1T Jernigan LE Graham with heavy rotation of Long, Curry, McCallister at DE then Vaeao, Walker, Qualls at DT til Beau gets back then is a great group
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11682
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
I think we keep 9-10 DL 5DE 5DT or 6DE 4DT maybe but highly doubt 4 DE 5 DT

If McCallister got stronger and still keep his bend ability he could be really good..

I think a starting line of RE Barnett 3T Cox 1T Jernigan LE Graham with heavy rotation of Long, Curry, McCallister at DE then Vaeao, Walker, Qualls at DT til Beau gets back then is a great group


Who is Walker?

I have

Barnett
Cox
Timmy
BG

Long
Curry
McCalister/Means/Smith

Allen (Pup)
Qualls
Vaeao
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo....Call me realistic ron but I'm not holding my breath over here.

He's athletic as hell but he was undersized and the only way he got to the QB in college was lining wide and using his speed. That speed will be negated if he adds on 30 lbs from his college weight. Unless he learns a few more pass rush moves and how to get off of a block I doubt he gets more than 50 snaps on D especially not with 4 other DEs (at minimum) in front of him. He's a long shot to make the roster and will probably end up on the practice squad.
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
I think we keep 9-10 DL 5DE 5DT or 6DE 4DT maybe but highly doubt 4 DE 5 DT

If McCallister got stronger and still keep his bend ability he could be really good..

I think a starting line of RE Barnett 3T Cox 1T Jernigan LE Graham with heavy rotation of Long, Curry, McCallister at DE then Vaeao, Walker, Qualls at DT til Beau gets back then is a great group


Who is Walker?

I have

Barnett
Cox
Timmy
BG

Long
Curry
McCalister/Means/Smith

Allen (Pup)
Qualls
Vaeao


Charles Walker.. Him Qualls and Vaeao battle out to see which 2 stick on the 53 man roster when Beau returns
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11682
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
I think we keep 9-10 DL 5DE 5DT or 6DE 4DT maybe but highly doubt 4 DE 5 DT

If McCallister got stronger and still keep his bend ability he could be really good..

I think a starting line of RE Barnett 3T Cox 1T Jernigan LE Graham with heavy rotation of Long, Curry, McCallister at DE then Vaeao, Walker, Qualls at DT til Beau gets back then is a great group


Who is Walker?

I have

Barnett
Cox
Timmy
BG

Long
Curry
McCalister/Means/Smith

Allen (Pup)
Qualls
Vaeao


Charles Walker.. Him Qualls and Vaeao battle out to see which 2 stick on the 53 man roster when Beau returns


Ok, forgot we signed him after the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Soooo....Call me realistic ron but I'm not holding my breath over here.

He's athletic as hell but he was undersized and the only way he got to the QB in college was lining wide and using his speed. That speed will be negated if he adds on 30 lbs from his college weight. Unless he learns a few more pass rush moves and how to get off of a block I doubt he gets more than 50 snaps on D especially not with 4 other DEs (at minimum) in front of him. He's a long shot to make the roster and will probably end up on the practice squad.

You are acting like we are expecting huge things out of him.

He's a developmental guy. I'm interested to see how he looks and if he can crack the 53 man roster.

I wouldn't expect much playing time if he does crack the roster, but DE isn't really set going forward, besides Barnett. Graham is our most productive rusher, but he will be 30 years old in 2018 and that will be the last year of his current contract. Curry probably gets cut next off-season unless he can turn it around. Long is old. Smith and Means aren't guaranteed a second contract.


Last edited by TheRealMcCoy on Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Soooo....Call me realistic ron but I'm not holding my breath over here.

He's athletic as hell but he was undersized and the only way he got to the QB in college was lining wide and using his speed. That speed will be negated if he adds on 30 lbs from his college weight. Unless he learns a few more pass rush moves and how to get off of a block I doubt he gets more than 50 snaps on D especially not with 4 other DEs (at minimum) in front of him. He's a long shot to make the roster and will probably end up on the practice squad.

You are acting like we are expecting huge things out of him.

He's a developmental guy. I'm interested to see how he looks and if he can crack the 53 man roster.

I wouldn't expect much playing time if he does crack the roster, but the future at DE isn't really clear, besides Barnett. Graham is our most productive rusher, but he gonna be 30 years old in 2018 and that will be the last year of his current contract. Curry probably gets cut next off-season unless he can turn it around. Long is old. Smith and Means aren't guaranteed a second contract.


I guess I did take the "Heavy rotation" from Flyeaglesfly's post a little too literal. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes the roster that's about the ceiling of my expectations.
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Soooo....Call me realistic ron but I'm not holding my breath over here.

He's athletic as hell but he was undersized and the only way he got to the QB in college was lining wide and using his speed. That speed will be negated if he adds on 30 lbs from his college weight. Unless he learns a few more pass rush moves and how to get off of a block I doubt he gets more than 50 snaps on D especially not with 4 other DEs (at minimum) in front of him. He's a long shot to make the roster and will probably end up on the practice squad.

You are acting like we are expecting huge things out of him.

He's a developmental guy. I'm interested to see how he looks and if he can crack the 53 man roster.

I wouldn't expect much playing time if he does crack the roster, but the future at DE isn't really clear, besides Barnett. Graham is our most productive rusher, but he gonna be 30 years old in 2018 and that will be the last year of his current contract. Curry probably gets cut next off-season unless he can turn it around. Long is old. Smith and Means aren't guaranteed a second contract.


I guess I did take the "Heavy rotation" from Flyeaglesfly's post a little too literal. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes the roster that's about the ceiling of my expectations.

Ah okay. I missed that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6204
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see his body slathered in baby oil and stuffed into a male romper. After That, he'll be the greatest football player who has ever lived and it wouldn't even be close.
_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group