Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 7 / Pick 240 / Alex McCalister, DE, Florida
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiltman


Moderator
Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 17447
Location: Flipadelphia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Round 7 / Pick 240 / Alex McCalister, DE, Florida Reply with quote




_________________

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion


Last edited by Kiltman on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 14402
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got a ton of athleticism but he needs some work and he needs to bulk up a bit. However, he can get after the quarterback. Love the pic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5940
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is super long. 6'6" with 36" arms.

Definitely no T-rex...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiltman


Moderator
Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 17447
Location: Flipadelphia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Dude is super long. 6'6" with 36" arms.

Definitely no T-rex...

Be interesting what they can do with him...I like the project
_________________

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 26662
Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Dude is super long. 6'6" with 36" arms.

Definitely no T-rex...


Basically an arm transplant for B-Rex,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaymiz


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 650
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be our best pic after Wentz. The upside is through the roof.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15116
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ed Kracz ‏@kracze
#Eagles HR said McCalister's issue, which led to his dismissal from Florida, wasn't legal. "Needs to grow up a little, but not a bad person"

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BugzBunny101


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 1397
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, what a monster. Hopefully he makes the team
_________________


Sig credits: Hammertime52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1748
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can get some mass on him he'll potentially be great
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Moderator
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 26053
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'6 but only 239 lbs

A couple of years in a S+C program and he could be a beast.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronLion35


Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Posts: 29
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Dude is super long. 6'6" with 36" arms.

Definitely no T-rex...

Be interesting what they can do with him...I like the project


What they'll do with him is stick him at the 9 tech and let him speed rush. That's all he's currently good at. Develop his skills and get him stronger and maybe becomes more useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleDeegle


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Balmer, Merlin
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to be really good in the wide 9. Even as a situational rusher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleDeegle


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Balmer, Merlin
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
He's going to be really good in the wide 9. Even as a situational rusher


Just got done watching all the tape on him... Every time Florida had him lined up wide, he got pressure or a sack. He's got one move (speed rush, dip)... And when OTs get their hands on him, it's game over (he can't shed a block to save his life). Any time he's lined up over the tackle, he's in trouble.

He's at his best when lined up out wide... And when tackles can only get at him with one arm. As a situational rusher, he'll be effective in our system. But, he needs to get a lot stronger and use more pass rush moves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11660
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
He's going to be really good in the wide 9. Even as a situational rusher


Just got done watching all the tape on him... Every time Florida had him lined up wide, he got pressure or a sack. He's got one move (speed rush, dip)... And when OTs get their hands on him, it's game over (he can't shed a block to save his life). Any time he's lined up over the tackle, he's in trouble.

He's at his best when lined up out wide... And when tackles can only get at him with one arm. As a situational rusher, he'll be effective in our system. But, he needs to get a lot stronger and use more pass rush moves.


I too went back to watch some more tape, that 240 listed weight scared me, then I saw again on film he's thin. Lots of stunts. I think him being drafted definitely means he'll be redshirted if not used ST, and situations.

Give that guy a smoothie or 10.
_________________
Take the training wheels off DougieP!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 40372
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
He's going to be really good in the wide 9. Even as a situational rusher


Just got done watching all the tape on him... Every time Florida had him lined up wide, he got pressure or a sack. He's got one move (speed rush, dip)... And when OTs get their hands on him, it's game over (he can't shed a block to save his life). Any time he's lined up over the tackle, he's in trouble.

He's at his best when lined up out wide... And when tackles can only get at him with one arm. As a situational rusher, he'll be effective in our system. But, he needs to get a lot stronger and use more pass rush moves.


I too went back to watch some more tape, that 240 listed weight scared me, then I saw again on film he's thin. Lots of stunts. I think him being drafted definitely means he'll be redshirted if not used ST, and situations.

Give that guy a smoothie or 10.

Give him some juice
_________________

Kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group