Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6.180: MINN - Moritz Böhringer [WR #81] Germany
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
If VD walked three miles somewhere, he'd still be in the middle of nowhere. I'm surprised he even has internet (though it's probably dial-up). Laughing

3 miles uphill, both ways is a good workout. #thosecalves

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

German wide receiver Moritz Bohringer, who might have gotten the Bronx cheer from fans a few days ago after a drop then an easy catch, got the loudest applause of the day this afternoon for making a sweet grab. After running a comeback route, the sixth-round pick outmuscled rookie corner Tre Roberson, a potential practice-squad candidate, to make a diving catch with Roberson all over his back.

http://www.startribune.com/defense-picks-teddy-bridgewater-on-consecutive-plays-while-dominating-the-red-zone/389343861/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
After running a comeback route, the sixth-round pick outmuscled rookie corner Tre Roberson, a potential practice-squad candidate, to make a diving catch with Roberson all over his back.

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/761751433331048448

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest take away from that video is Hill's noodle arm. That throw took a looooong time to get there.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
hsmith22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think "outmuscled" is a bit of an exaggeration when it comes to that catch.
GermanVike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport/nfl/1608/Artikel/moritz-boehringer-interview-minnesota-vikings-training-camp.html

In an Interview with a German sports magazine, Böhringer stated that if he were to be cut, he would have no problem (from a moral standpoint) to sign with another team, even though the Vikings are his No.1 team. (excerpt from the interview plus my translation below)

Quote:
SPOX: Zum Abschluss vielleicht ein kleiner Ausblick: Haben Sie schon irgendeine Ahnung, wie es weitergehen könnte, falls Sie den Sprung in den Kader nicht schaffen?

Böhringer: Da denke ich noch nicht drüber nach - wenn es passiert, dann passiert es. Natürlich sind die Vikings mein Nummer-1-Team, aber sollte es hier nicht klappen, wäre es für mich auch überhaupt kein Problem, es anderswo zu versuchen. Im Endeffekt geht es mir ja darum, dass ich irgendwo spielen kann.

Q: To conclude the interview, we want to take a look at your future: Do you have a clue how you will proceed if you don't make the final roster?

A: I try not to think about it too much - if it happens, it happens. The Vikings are certainly my Number 1 team, but if it doesn't work out here, it wouldn't be a problem for me to try it elsewhere. Ultimately, I just want to play and it doesn't matter where.

Robb_K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GermanVike wrote:
Quote:
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport/nfl/1608/Artikel/moritz-boehringer-interview-minnesota-vikings-training-camp.html

In an Interview with a German sports magazine, Böhringer stated that if he were to be cut, he would have no problem (from a moral standpoint) to sign with another team, even though the Vikings are his No.1 team. (excerpt from the interview plus my translation below)

Quote:
SPOX: Zum Abschluss vielleicht ein kleiner Ausblick: Haben Sie schon irgendeine Ahnung, wie es weitergehen könnte, falls Sie den Sprung in den Kader nicht schaffen?

Böhringer: Da denke ich noch nicht drüber nach - wenn es passiert, dann passiert es. Natürlich sind die Vikings mein Nummer-1-Team, aber sollte es hier nicht klappen, wäre es für mich auch überhaupt kein Problem, es anderswo zu versuchen. Im Endeffekt geht es mir ja darum, dass ich irgendwo spielen kann.

Q: To conclude the interview, we want to take a look at your future: Do you have a clue how you will proceed if you don't make the final roster?

A: I try not to think about it too much - if it happens, it happens. The Vikings are certainly my Number 1 team, but if it doesn't work out here, it wouldn't be a problem for me to try it elsewhere. Ultimately, I just want to play and it doesn't matter where.

I think The Vikings wouldn't have drafted him in such a relatively high round if they thought there was a reasonable chance they'd cut him. They KNOW he will be a project, and need to be brought along slowly. But, hes such a good athlete, with such a good work ethic, that he is already probably good enough to play on a couple special teams. They'll probably keep him on the roster in that capacity rather than lose him to another team. I think they KNEW that he'd need a first NFL season as just a special teamer, before even trying to have him learn the wide receiver position.

Next season (2017), in Camp, and pre-season, he can learn and be tried out at wide receiver. I'll be disappointed if The Vikings cut him.

By the way, I've lived in München for 2-3 months each year, for the past 30 years, just having left again, last week. And I also lived in Bremen for 5 years. But, I am a Niederlander und Kanadier.

Last edited by Robb_K on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My co-worker is from Bremen. She goes back there every year. Wink

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was Mo even thrown to in the SD game?

SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

No. Böhringer hasn't seen many snaps this preseason. Which I think is by design so that the team can easily place him on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

No. Böhringer hasn't seen many snaps this preseason. Which I think is by design so that the team can easily place him on the practice squad.

I'd imagine he'll see some time in game 4. This is the last chance for some of these young guys to stick around in the league.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

My thoughts as well, not put any game tape out there.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

My thoughts as well, not put any game tape out there.

as in, the Vikes execs decided from the very beginning to stash him there. sensible hypothesis.

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential early cut?
If you want to continue to minimize game tape, in efforts to stach on 53

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cut now, couldn't a team give him a trial run before rosters go from 75 to 53? If the goal is to sneak him onto the practice squad, would think it'd be better to wait for second cuts so that a team grabbing him off waivers would be forced to put him on the 53-man roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36

Jump to: