Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ross is a joke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finsonofbal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Tannenbaum has had full control of this team for all of 6 months.
Yes, and in that short time he traded away a 4th to move from 42 to 38. That's called overpaying. Then he trades a 2016 6th, a 2017 3rd, and a 2017 4th for a late 2016 3rd. That is called badly overpaying.

I long for the days of Dennis Hickey whereby trade ups were accomplished using extra picks acquired in trade-downs first. It felt like we had a real GM for about 15 minutes. Then Ross the moron hires a proven loser from the Jets.

cddolphin wrote:
Ya'll wanna let the process play out?
What choice does anyone have? Ross is too stupid to understand what is happening to his 900 million dollar investment. He'll keep T-bomb around for another 3 years or so. By then he will have traded away an entire draft's worth of picks for just average players.

cddolphin wrote:
If not, I suggest watching the NBA where teams can purchase championships.
Nah, college football will do fine. I love the Phins, but simply cannot tolerate stupid GMs and stupid ownership.

I'm never a fan of trading away multiple picks to move up for one player, unless you are talking about a truly outstanding talent.

However I'm sure that in the days following the draft, I either watched something or read an article about the new rule allowing the trade of 2017 compensatory picks in the 2016 draft. It stated that the 2017 3rd and 4th round picks that we traded are actually the compensation picks that we are expecting to be awarded for the loss of Vernon, Matthews and Miller.

If we have kept our own 3rd and 4th round picks and the picks that we traded are actually closer to 4th and a 5th round picks then this makes me feel a lot better about the trade.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finsonofbal wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Yes, and in that short time he traded away a 4th to move from 42 to 38. That's called overpaying. Then he trades a 2016 6th, a 2017 3rd, and a 2017 4th for a late 2016 3rd. That is called badly overpaying.

I long for the days of Dennis Hickey whereby trade ups were accomplished using extra picks acquired in trade-downs first. It felt like we had a real GM for about 15 minutes. Then Ross the moron hires a proven loser from the Jets.

cddolphin wrote:
What choice does anyone have? Ross is too stupid to understand what is happening to his 900 million dollar investment. He'll keep T-bomb around for another 3 years or so. By then he will have traded away an entire draft's worth of picks for just average players.

cddolphin wrote:
Nah, college football will do fine. I love the Phins, but simply cannot tolerate stupid GMs and stupid ownership.

I'm never a fan of trading away multiple picks to move up for one player, unless you are talking about a truly outstanding talent.

However I'm sure that in the days following the draft, I either watched something or read an article about the new rule allowing the trade of 2017 compensatory picks in the 2016 draft. It stated that the 2017 3rd and 4th round picks that we traded are actually the compensation picks that we are expecting to be awarded for the loss of Vernon, Matthews and Miller.

If we have kept our own 3rd and 4th round picks and the picks that we traded are actually closer to 4th and a 5th round picks then this makes me feel a lot better about the trade.

Id be interested in reading that article. I would assume since those picks haven't been granted it would be impossible to trade them.

I think Tannenbaum made that trade knowing we were going to receive picks back from those that departed. I could totally be wrong though.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Finsonofbal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
Finsonofbal wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

cddolphin wrote:

cddolphin wrote:

Id be interested in reading that article. I would assume since those picks haven't been granted it would be impossible to trade them.

I think Tannenbaum made that trade knowing we were going to receive picks back from those that departed. I could totally be wrong though.

It was confirmed early in April that 2017 compensatory picks could be traded in the 2016 draft.
Unfortunately I can't recall if it was being reported that Miami had definitely traded comp picks or if it was just speculation that I have clung onto to help me get over the disappointment of losing picks next year!
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finsonofbal wrote:
joeyL. wrote:
Finsonofbal wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

cddolphin wrote:

cddolphin wrote:

It was confirmed early in April that 2017 compensatory picks could be traded in the 2016 draft.
Unfortunately I can't recall if it was being reported that Miami had definitely traded comp picks or if it was just speculation that I have clung onto to help me get over the disappointment of losing picks next year!

You guys are unreal.

This roster clearly lacks talent and you truly believe that wasting picks for mediocre talent is fine?

Have you look at the team in the first half of the game today?

The fan base's analysis too often matches the one of the idiotic and incompetent Tannenbaum...and look at what the Dolphins have become?

This is a freakin disgrace and it is all on Ross.....period!
We will never rise again with Ross as the owner. Thank god he is 87 years old so we should not suffer through much more than another 20-25 years of hell. Time passes so fast when you stink every year!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you trade away picks that haven't even been awarded yet?

I would think Miami traded their own picks (where they fall in the draft) away with the knowledge that they'll have comp picks as backup, as another poster mentioned.

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Finsonofbal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'How can you trade away picks that haven't even been awarded yet?

I would think Miami traded their own picks (where they fall in the draft) away with the knowledge that they'll have comp picks as backup, as another poster mentioned.[/quote]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/14/rams-titans-trade-has-a-condition-that-applies-to-next-years-third-round-pick/

'The third-round pick that the Rams will send to the Titans has a condition, according to multiple league sources. If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to St. Louis
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the perennial cheese eaters like the draft class now......minus all the picks we wasted because the front office is incompetent and blatantly stupid?

You like your club and where it is going? Why can't we fix the OL problem ever since Ross is here?

This disgusting display falls squarely on Ross and it is about time the fan base sees it and act accordingly.
We will never rise again with Ross as the owner. Thank god he is 87 years old so we should not suffer through much more than another 20-25 years of hell. Time passes so fast when you stink every year!
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:
How do the perennial cheese eaters like the draft class now......minus all the picks we wasted because the front office is incompetent and blatantly stupid?

5 games into a 4 year contract? Laughing

Resigning yourself to defeat this early.. must be a French thing
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:

You like your club and where it is going? Why can't we fix the OL problem ever since Ross is here?

This disgusting display falls squarely on Ross and it is about time the fan base sees it and act accordingly.

Logically thinking, we have 2 sure fire day in and day out starters out of this draft at LT and CB, an ELITE special teams weapon, and a fantastic 3rd down RB. I think we did great in this draft.

We still have not played a single game yet this season with our complete starting O-line.
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Pierrot35 wrote:

Logically thinking, we have 2 sure fire day in and day out starters out of this draft at LT and CB, an ELITE special teams weapon, and a fantastic 3rd down RB. I think we did great in this draft.

We still have not played a single game yet this season with our complete starting O-line.

10-6 to wrap up the regular season and a Wild Card game. The cheese tastes freaking delicious! How do you like the draft now? Tunsil has been everything we expected, Howard has been good when healthy (certainly a lot better than all the crap you gave him, Drake has been very good, averaged what? 5.4 yard a carry and was huge as a kick returner. Carroo had his moments but was behind stills who had a career year. I just grabbed some crackers and a Saison. Going to eat some more of that cheese now.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on Ross for going out and getting the HC that was getting a lot of whispers in the NFL circle. And the guy worked out beautifully so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: