Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ross is a joke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PhinFan79


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 461
Location: St Pete, FL
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this thread....once the draft is over...1, maybe 2 days later I move on with my life...it's over, why don't some of you. We've got months until first snap. Enjoy the process
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23061
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been a couple months now, so today, are you guys okay with the move to give up next year's 3rd and 4th for a pick this year?

personally, I would have liked the deal more for you guys if the pick wasn't a WR. Confused
_________________


Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freak_of_nature


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 1499
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
it's been a couple months now, so today, are you guys okay with the move to give up next year's 3rd and 4th for a pick this year?

personally, I would have liked the deal more for you guys if the pick wasn't a WR. Confused


If Carroo turns out to be worth it - yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pierrot35


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1304
Location: Daveluyville, Québec, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy with Maxwell, Alonso, Howard...still believe in Tannenbaum people?

I realize that the fan base under 40 years old has followed a mediocre team while being fed bs ever since they started to root for the Fins.....and I think it is part of the problem.

Too many eople eat any freakin cheese that Ross and his friends feed them year in and year out....and as a result you get a totally crappy team for decades while Ross is not being called on it.

Wake the )*?%%$ up fan base...this is totally unacceptable.
_________________
We will never rise again with Ross as the owner. Thank god he is 87 years old so we should not suffer through much more than another 20-25 years of hell. Time passes so fast when you stink every year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5916
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:
Happy with Maxwell, Alonso, Howard...still believe in Tannenbaum people?
No, he's going to mortgage even more of the future in next year's draft. Tannenbomb completely sux and Ross is to blame for hiring him and letting him take over this Frankenstein organization.

Our defense is a train-wreck and the RB situation stinks. We traded up for Drake when in all likely-hood he would have been available with our next pick. And even if he wasn't, the guy simply isn't a game changer. T-bomb is a clown.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pierrot35


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1304
Location: Daveluyville, Québec, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Pierrot35 wrote:
Happy with Maxwell, Alonso, Howard...still believe in Tannenbaum people?
No, he's going to mortgage even more of the future in next year's draft. Tannenbomb completely sux and Ross is to blame for hiring him and letting him take over this Frankenstein organization.

Our defense is a train-wreck and the RB situation stinks. We traded up for Drake when in all likely-hood he would have been available with our next pick. And even if he wasn't, the guy simply isn't a game changer. T-bomb is a clown.


Just wait and you will see a cheese eater tell us that it is just preseason and that we are panicking...this is what the fan base has become...a large part of it is freaking clueless.

Just like they tell you they are happy with the draft because wasting pick is ok as long as it part of a plan.....regardless of how misguided and obscure that plan might be.

The only hope is that Ross hates looking like a fool, which he does from the beginning, and at some point he is bond to get it right. You don't become a billionaire by staying stupid forever.

However we will suffer a great deal until he does, and the next guy in charge will need some time to fix this as it is a mess structurally speaking.
_________________
We will never rise again with Ross as the owner. Thank god he is 87 years old so we should not suffer through much more than another 20-25 years of hell. Time passes so fast when you stink every year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9325
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:
Happy with Maxwell, Alonso, Howard...still believe in Tannenbaum people?

I realize that the fan base under 40 years old has followed a mediocre team while being fed bs ever since they started to root for the Fins.....and I think it is part of the problem.

Too many eople eat any freakin cheese that Ross and his friends feed them year in and year out....and as a result you get a totally crappy team for decades while Ross is not being called on it.

Wake the )*?%%$ up fan base...this is totally unacceptable.


That is not true. I am over 40 and have given up. I cancelled my Sunday Ticket, and to be honest, I really do not know the camp and position battles, nor do I care at this point.

I am done with the labor pains, show me the baby. I have watch coach after coach, qb after qb be labeled as the one that will turn things around yet they continue to make the same mistakes. Lets be clear here, I do not believe in Ryan Tannehill. Never have, check my record on that but even I know you cannot continue to parade offensive coordinator after offensive coordinator every couple years and expect growth. The qb should know the system better than anyone.

I continue to sport my Fins gear and will root for them from afar but I will not follow them as closely any longer. Or should I say "eat the cheese" they are serving.

The best football moves are usually the most unpopular ones. A few years ago Shanahan was crucified for taking two QBs in the same draft. The one everyone thought would stay now plays for another team. There is no reason Miami should not have taken a QB in the first two rounds. They continue to make excuses for Tannehill when he is the problem.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
— — Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5916
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
There is no reason Miami should not have taken a QB in the first two rounds. They continue to make excuses for Tannehill when he is the problem.
There is a reason that Miami should not have taken a QB in the first two rounds. Ross hired Gase specifically because he had a plan to help turn RT around.

If you have a problem with Tannehill, then you have a problem with Ross. He honestly thinks that he's the smartest man in the room. He interferes in football decisions, and he's not a football guy. The organization has a buffoon running the draft. I'm thankful T-bomb didn't draft a QB because he has no track record of success in that area.

What he did do was trade up for Drake and Caroo. Neither of those players have a done a thing, but obviously we need to wait until the end of the season to see how they turn out. It looks early on that trading up for those two was a waste. It "only" cost us a 2017 3rd and a 2017 fourth.

This is all Ross' fault.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9325
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
There is no reason Miami should not have taken a QB in the first two rounds. They continue to make excuses for Tannehill when he is the problem.
There is a reason that Miami should not have taken a QB in the first two rounds. Ross hired Gase specifically because he had a plan to help turn RT around.

If you have a problem with Tannehill, then you have a problem with Ross. He honestly thinks that he's the smartest man in the room. He interferes in football decisions, and he's not a football guy. The organization has a buffoon running the draft. I'm thankful T-bomb didn't draft a QB because he has no track record of success in that area.

What he did do was trade up for Drake and Caroo. Neither of those players have a done a thing, but obviously we need to wait until the end of the season to see how they turn out. It looks early on that trading up for those two was a waste. It "only" cost us a 2017 3rd and a 2017 fourth.

This is all Ross' fault.


I do not have enough information to know whether Ross is the reason Miami did not draft a QB. What I do know is it is not uncommon for owners to dictate a draft pick when there is a QB involved. I will not crucify him for wanting to draft a "franchise qb" when Tannehill was in the draft. I get it. He wants to sell tickets by marketing he has a franchise qb. Not going to kill him for that.

I do not have a problem with Ross. All accounts of his actions show he wants football minds to run the football stuff i.e Bill Parcells and the hiring of Tannebaum.

The result is why everyone is bent out of shape. My issue is the team did not realize Tannehill was not the answer two years ago and start with a transition plan. Now, I agree, a team like Denver can win with Tannehill with QB but not a team with the holes that Miami has.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
— — Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lemmiwinks


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 238
Location: Agawam, MA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What quarterback did you guys want in the first two rounds?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericsvibe


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 1161
Location: East Helena, MT
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think allot of fans are very compassionate about their teams. The fact that all of us on here post, get upset as losses, gain hope after the draft, just shows how awesome the game of football is.

I love the Dolphins, but between coaching youth football, going to high school football games to support past youth players that came through our league, my football passion is spread out. I will continue to watch every dolphins game on Sunday Ticket, I will read the Phins news, follow the blogs. But I'm not going to get upset if they don't win the Superbowl every year. As a friend of mine who is a Raiders fan says all the time, "It takes a special kind of fan to take the heartbreak and abuse we take every year, and keep coming back". I think that is what Dolphins fans are, we are a special bunch. So I will continue to support the team, no matter who the owner is, or the QB.

I however think that Gase is going to be a great HC, and I think we are going to have some success this year, color me hopeful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 11847
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Pierrot35 wrote:
Happy with Maxwell, Alonso, Howard...still believe in Tannenbaum people?
No, he's going to mortgage even more of the future in next year's draft. Tannenbomb completely sux and Ross is to blame for hiring him and letting him take over this Frankenstein organization.

Our defense is a train-wreck and the RB situation stinks. We traded up for Drake when in all likely-hood he would have been available with our next pick. And even if he wasn't, the guy simply isn't a game changer. T-bomb is a clown.


You guys really quick with the evaluations.. I'm surprised you're not working for a front office somewhere!!

Rolling Eyes

Tannenbaum has had full control of this team for all of 6 months. Ya'll wanna let the process play out? If not, I suggest watching the NBA where teams can purchase championships.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9325
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
What quarterback did you guys want in the first two rounds?


Its not so much about this year. The QB deal comes up a couple years ago when Joe Philbin wanted to draft Derek Carr instead of investing more time in Tannehill. I applaud him for that for knowing what he had. The problem I have with Ross is knowing when a dud is a dud.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
— — Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5916
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Tannenbaum has had full control of this team for all of 6 months.
Yes, and in that short time he traded away a 4th to move from 42 to 38. That's called overpaying. Then he trades a 2016 6th, a 2017 3rd, and a 2017 4th for a late 2016 3rd. That is called badly overpaying.

I long for the days of Dennis Hickey whereby trade ups were accomplished using extra picks acquired in trade-downs first. It felt like we had a real GM for about 15 minutes. Then Ross the moron hires a proven loser from the Jets.

cddolphin wrote:
Ya'll wanna let the process play out?
What choice does anyone have? Ross is too stupid to understand what is happening to his 900 million dollar investment. He'll keep T-bomb around for another 3 years or so. By then he will have traded away an entire draft's worth of picks for just average players.

cddolphin wrote:
If not, I suggest watching the NBA where teams can purchase championships.
Nah, college football will do fine. I love the Phins, but simply cannot tolerate stupid GMs and stupid ownership.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12721
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:


I long for the days of Dennis Hickey whereby trade ups were accomplished using extra picks acquired in trade-downs first. It felt like we had a real GM for about 15 minutes. Then Ross the moron hires a proven loser from the Jets.


This bugged me as well. I wish we could have seen what Hickey could do.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group