Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ross is a joke
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Ross is a joke Reply with quote

Giving away picks for mediocre players down the line is a sure way to remain the loser we have been for 30 years. Welcome to Tannenbaum nightmare which got him fired and nearly lynched in NYC.

We reached on every single picks yesterday except for Tunsil. Do you folks really thing we will ever get out of this hell hole by wasting ressources as we lack depth as it stands now? We are competing against Belicheck and Newsome with village idiots who see themselves being geniuses: delusional at best is what I call it!

Ask the Jets fans what they think of Tannenbaum, and how in hell he ends up being the football czar in Miami after having clearly demonstrated that he is a chronic incompetent with a monstruous ego which truly does not have a clue and never will..

I was excited with the Tunsil pick as I thought we finally understood how to run a draft properly: you either let it come to you, or you move up and down acquiring picks and/or value. I should have known better.

We reached a full round too early and wasted a 4th pick on the corner justifying it by saying there was going to be run on CB: total BS as we saw the 2nd round unfold. And then I knew we were screwed again as condescending BS was replacing good solid management as per usual!

Ross is indeed a joke who has no clue how to put a football management together as he has so thoroughly demonstrated since his arrival as the owner of this putrid franchise. We have no chance in hell. Go take.a look at Baltimore fleecing us yesterday and see how it is done in the NFL.

I can here the folks with rose coloured glasses screaming how negative I am, but just take a minute and look at the pattern the team as followed for the past 30 years. We are rotten from the top down where hiring are done based on ethnicity and the ability to kiss the owner behind better than the next guy.

Thank god for Fantasy football as this team has become an absolute disgrace and will remain so as long as Ross will be the owner. The lesson being simply that your team is just as good as the owner who runs it. We unfortunately have a clown in charge and there is no hope on the horizon!
We will never rise again with Ross as the owner. Thank god he is 87 years old so we should not suffer through much more than another 20-25 years of hell. Time passes so fast when you stink every year!
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ross is a joke Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:
Giving away picks for mediocre players down the line is a sure way to remain the loser we have been for 30 years. Welcome to Tannenbaum nightmare which got him fired and nearly lynched in NYC.

We reached on every single picks yesterday except for Tunsil. Do you folks really thing we will ever get out of this hell hole by wasting ressources as we lack depth as it stands now? We are competing against Belicheck and Newsome with village idiots who see themselves being geniuses: delusional at best is what I call it!

Ask the Jets fans what they think of Tannenbaum, and how in hell he ends up being the football czar in Miami after having clearly demonstrated that he is a chronic incompetent with a monstruous ego which truly does not have a clue and never will..

I was excited with the Tunsil pick as I thought we finally understood how to run a draft properly: you either let it come to you, or you move up and down acquiring picks and/or value. I should have known better.

We reached a full round too early and wasted a 4th pick on the corner justifying it by saying there was going to be run on CB: total BS as we saw the 2nd round unfold. And then I knew we were screwed again as condescending BS was replacing good solid management as per usual!

Ross is indeed a joke who has no clue how to put a football management together as he has so thoroughly demonstrated since his arrival as the owner of this putrid franchise. We have no chance in hell. Go take.a look at Baltimore fleecing us yesterday and see how it is done in the NFL.

I can here the folks with rose coloured glasses screaming how negative I am, but just take a minute and look at the pattern the team as followed for the past 30 years. We are rotten from the top down where hiring are done based on ethnicity and the ability to kiss the owner behind better than the next guy.

Thank god for Fantasy football as this team has become an absolute disgrace and will remain so as long as Ross will be the owner. The lesson being simply that your team is just as good as the owner who runs it. We unfortunately have a clown in charge and there is no hope on the horizon!

Tunsil was drafted Thursday not yesterday. To be honest I agree with you on some of your points but there is no need to over react. We essentially traded away next years compensatory picks to move up. I would rather draft guys our scouts loved than roll the dice they aren't sure about. I like all the players were drafted and hope that we can get three more we like today. Our roster does indeed lack depth from a glance but it's not as bad as it seems. We desperately needed a backup tackle in case Albert and/or James went down like last year, a new developmental tackle for when Albert leaves and a relaible guard. Lastlly we needed to make a pick that people felt "yes, great value going to be a fixture for years". We accomplished all of that with just one pick. (I know the risk with him). In the 2nd, they liked Xavien Howard so they moved up a bit to get him. If they had him ranked as a potential starter at a position they needed to get someone. While I don't think Tampa or the Giants would've taken him, again we got the guy we wanted. Drake in the 3rd was nice as it is who we wanted to pair with Ajai. I already touched on the trade up but we got a guy we really liked. The sky isn't falling it's a good time to be a Phins fan
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is zero overreaction here, just 30 years of evaluating the franchise and why we cannot compete anymore.

If you wanted Howard that bad I am ok with it. All you had to do is wait as there were no way he was being drafted until the end of the 2nd round. The kid is simply not that good period. Ideally you move back and acquire an extra pick and take him if you want.

What did they do? They panicked and wasted a 4th pick by moving up 4 spots for no good reason except incompetence and lack of poise. Then they justify the blunder by saying there was going to be a run on CB. Are you for real?

It is a mistake in my opinion as he will never be a starting CB in this league. Alexander was the pick for Miami and not him, but we are just not as smart as MIN nowadays who grabbed him later in the 2nd round while fleecing us in the 3rd round on top of it all.

You give a 3rd a 4th and a 6th for Carroo...really? Again time will tell. I give a decent chance to Carroo to become a player however so I can live with this one better than Howard or Drake who won't last in the NFL. The back we needed was Henry as he is durable. When Ajayi and Drake are down mid season and we look like crap because we cannot run the ball we can revisit the subject.

This is simply not how it is done sorry. You must acquire value and reaching constantly because you think you are smarter than everybody else is exactly the type of crap that got Tannenbaum run out of town in NYC

Hey Tannenbaum you are not smarter than everybody else!!!!!! I will eat my words if we ever amount to anything while this clown run the team, but please look at the team for what it is since he is here running the show.
We will never rise again with Ross as the owner. Thank god he is 87 years old so we should not suffer through much more than another 20-25 years of hell. Time passes so fast when you stink every year!
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to start a thread to bash the stupidity of Tannenbum, so thanks for beating me to the punch.

We wasted a 4th to move up four spots.

We wasted a future 3rd, future 4th, and a 6th to draft a player who is not even a position of need, we're fine at WR.

By my calculation, we are now down two 4ths and a 6th from these completely asinine trades.

I can hear it now, "Oh those late picks rarely pan out, we didn't really lose anything." Well, that's a loser mentality. Teams that win superbowls don't waste picks like that. We have zero chance of succeeding if we don't even give ourselves the opportunity to draft someone who can help us with depth. Rashad Jones was a 5th, Josh Norman was a 5th, Richard Sherman was a 5th. You CAN find big time contributors that late, but not if if you're just gonna [inappropriate/removed] away all the picks.

I hate Tannenbum, I hate Ross, and I can't wit for the day when someone who is not an effin buffoon is running the franchise I love.

I wish Dennis Hickey was still our GM.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like moving up, but I didn't dislike any of the selections we made.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is almost comical on how people still blame Ross. We got players that fit our Scheme that we will run. Lets wait till after next season to see if these players will pan out or not.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
It is almost comical on how people still blame Ross.
Who else does one blame when the owner involves himself in key football decisions, hires the wrong people, and and builds a frankenstein organization with ambiguous job titles and responsibilities? I'd love to find out who else should be blamed.

Jaytotha wrote:
We got players that fit our Scheme that we will run.
That's only half of the equation. Didn't you hear that we traded a 4th to move up four spots. And then after wasting that pick, we then had to trade NEXT YEAR'S 3rd and 4th to get back into round 3 this year. That's called overpaying, and only suckers do it.

Jaytotha wrote:
Lets wait till after next season to see if these players will pan out or not.
No one is complaining about the players. They might be wonderful, or they might stink. Either way, you don't urinate away picks to acquire them. That's the point.
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot .... all due respect ... You failed to mention that our 1st rnd pk yields 3 starters at 3 positions of need. - OLB - CB & OT.
That clearly minimizes the "reach factor" you pointed out.

sug
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot .... all due respect ... You failed to mention that our 1st rnd pk yields 3 starters at 3 positions of need. - OLB - CB & OT.
That clearly minimizes the "reach factor" you pointed out.

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far in the 2016 draft the Dolphins have come away with:

- Starting LG / eventual starting LT
- Competition for a starting boundary CB spot who fits Vance's defensive profile
- Starting CB (Maxwell)
- MLB/WLB competition (Kiko)
- RB depth
- WR depth / eventual replacement for Stills?

6 players, 3-4 potential starters, for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2017 4th, and a 6th.

Hard for me to hate on that tbh. Final judgement can't be made until 2019.

Last edited by cddolphin on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ross is a joke Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:
We reached a full round too early and wasted a 4th pick on the corner justifying it by saying there was going to be run on CB: total BS as we saw the 2nd round unfold.

Nope. Miami leapfrogged Chicago to get Vance Joseph's guy. Gase knows John Fox, he knows what kind of defensive players they like up in Chicago, so he nabbed Howard before they could. And what ended up happening.. Chicago traded down after Miami took the guy they were targeting.
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ross is a joke Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Pierrot35 wrote:
We reached a full round too early and wasted a 4th pick on the corner justifying it by saying there was going to be run on CB: total BS as we saw the 2nd round unfold.

Nope. Miami leapfrogged Chicago to get Vance Joseph's guy. Gase knows John Fox, he knows what kind of defensive players they like up in Chicago, so he nabbed Howard before they could. And what ended up happening.. Chicago traded down after Miami took the guy they were targeting.

Great assessment CD.
Look I don't see the "Twitch - hair trigger reflexes & change of dirrection" type athlete but...
I see a guy who is going to to smack you in the mouth at the LOS & redirect you.
I see a guy who is going to make you regret you caught the ball in his hood.
I see a guy who excellent at ballhawking sloppy throws & catches.

sug
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a funny post.

Pierrot35, in case you haven't noticed, the Dolphins are in the middle of a complete culture change. We are transitioning from a "finesse" team, to an aggressive physical team.

Attacking Howard, and making a statement that he will never be a starter in the NFL is just sour grapes. None of us know the future, but I can tell you one thing, this kid will bring his lunch pail to practice, and will knock the taste out of WR's mouths on Sundays.

Like I said in another thread, in 3 years we will look back and see how the, amass as much picks as possible, style helps the Browns. I guess by your standard they should win the superbowl this year because they have more picks than anyone. I would rather have 4 starters, than have 11 JAG's out of this draft.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
It is almost comical on how people still blame Ross.
Who else does one blame when the owner involves himself in key football decisions, hires the wrong people, and and builds a frankenstein organization with ambiguous job titles and responsibilities? I'd love to find out who else should be blamed.

Jaytotha wrote:
We got players that fit our Scheme that we will run.
That's only half of the equation. Didn't you hear that we traded a 4th to move up four spots. And then after wasting that pick, we then had to trade NEXT YEAR'S 3rd and 4th to get back into round 3 this year. That's called overpaying, and only suckers do it.

Jaytotha wrote:
Lets wait till after next season to see if these players will pan out or not.
No one is complaining about the players. They might be wonderful, or they might stink. Either way, you don't urinate away picks to acquire them. That's the point.

And if he turns out to be as good as Landry no one will care what we traded. It will be looked at as a bold move.

It was said that we were trading with the Ravens either way. The selection would have been Jack if he was there. Since Jags traded up we went with a guy that fits scheme.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this post.
Even if we stayed exactly where we were and not traded, there were better players at those same positions that were available.
Aside from rare circumstances, trading up is for playoff teams, trading down is for everyone else.

Keivaree Russell and Sean Davis > Xavier Howard
Devontae Booker > Kenyan Drake

We could have selected Shalique Calhoun or Miles Jack.
We could have selected Javon Hargraves to replace the under achieving Earl Mitchell.
I can't even give the Dolphins credit for Tunsil because they he fell in their lap.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: