Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2.54: MINN - Mackensie Alexander [CB #20] Clemson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's too bad we didn't sign the former Chargers safety.

then we could have Weddle'd the problem away!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
it's too bad we didn't sign the former Chargers safety.

then we could have Weddle'd the problem away!

I think we've clustered this thread with enough word play jokes.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Days after being drafted, and earning a $1.34 million signing bonus, Alexander worked with Adidas to donate $10,000 worth of athletic equipment to the Boys and Girls Club in Collier County, Fla.

The Vikings don’t expect to limit Alexander, though he’s viewed immediately as a slot cornerback, according to general manager Rick Spielman. That’s presumably behind veteran Captain Munnerlyn, who is entering the final year of his contract. Alexander was credited with 11 pass deflections in two seasons as a starter, saying he often followed the opponents’ best receiver and that quarterbacks would mostly throw away from him. He left school without a single interception, but he also didn’t allow any touchdown passes in the final 22 games, per Clemson.

Jamaal Stephenson: “I know he can play outside. But I think he has great value because he can slide inside and play nickel, too.”

Spielman: “I know coach Zimmer preaches interceptions and turnovers are key. But also the one thing that I hear Zimmer preach to our players out at practice is don’t let your man catch the ball. He checks the box in that criteria.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/05/what-weve-learned-about-the-rookies-cb-mackensie-alexander/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zimmer: "He's gonna be a handful until I get him squared away, but I love this kid."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played well today knocking away a handful of passes, one of which should have been an interception. Watching that play helped me to understand the likely reason he had no interceptions last season. But he did very well on the interception just after. The Vikings' defensive backfield's future looks pretty good.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
He played well today knocking away a handful of passes, one of which should have been an interception. Watching that play helped me to understand the likely reason he had no interceptions last season. But he did very well on the interception just after. The Vikings' defensive backfield's future looks pretty good.

He had no interceptions last year in large part because teams didn't target him very much.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopes were high when the Vikings drafted cornerback Mackensie Alexander in the second round of the 2016 Draft. So far, so good for the Vikings as Alexander, who didn’t intercept a single pass during his college career, just picked off his second pass of the preseason. Sure they’ve both come against third team quarterbacks, but an interception in the NFL is an interception in the NFL. What’s maybe more concerning is the fact that just like the two interceptions that he has, Alexander also has two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that popped up after his big plays in two of the team’s three games.

Despite the mental lapses on the field, Mackensie hasn’t lost the confidence of the coach quite yet. “I love this kid,” Mike Zimmer said after the game. “He’s going to be a handful until I get him squared away, but I love this kid. He’s a competitor, he works, he studies, he fights, he’s made some interceptions here in this offseason. I would much rather have him that way where they’re going to go in there and I have to pull the reins back than the other way. He’ll learn; he told me he was sorry. He’ll learn; he’s just a young guy. You can’t take away his athletic ability or his heart and those are the two things that I want to keep going.”

http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/vikings-blog-38526/the-morning-after-5-observations-from-15052918/#ixzz4Ij84aSrq

vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac: “The drop, it was too easy so I dropped it. I was like, I could not believe he really threw the ball. I was all over the guy, but he threw it anyway. That’s the league. I missed the first one, so I was like, ‘Gosh!’ I read the whole route and everything. I was like, ‘Man!’ The second, the one I didn’t drop, was actually harder than the first one. The first was like a baby. I just went up and made a play and knew they were trying to hit the end zone and made a great play.”

“It was my first home game. I am a young guy who was just amped up and made an exciting play and was just juiced up. I kind of have to keep that check a little bit, you know, but it is alright. If it got flagged, then I pretty much deserved it.”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1700384-alexander-dropped-the-baby-made-harder-int

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zimmer at Owners Meeting:

said Mackensie Alexander has to understand the NFL rules better to establish himself at nickelback.

thought that Mackensie Alexander did better at the end of the season.

didn't rule out Terence Newman being nickelback if Alexander doesn't work out. "He's done it before.''

Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Out of all the rookies last couple of years, he seems to be the one he is the least "confident" about.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer is always harder on his CBs than any other position. An the nickel spot might be the toughest position on his defense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I've missed the boat on this but I've never heard anyone say anything about how well Alexander tackles.

With Waynes it was incredibly overblown being he's an outside corner where sticky coverage is more important but in the slot, Alexander would be in position to pick up a lot more tackles in the run game and on quick screen plays that so many teams (Lions in particular) use as a de facto run game.

Is that something to think about with Alexander or is it strictly him being handsy?
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggs Beefcakes wrote:
Maybe I've missed the boat on this but I've never heard anyone say anything about how well Alexander tackles.

With Waynes it was incredibly overblown being he's an outside corner where sticky coverage is more important but in the slot, Alexander would be in position to pick up a lot more tackles in the run game and on quick screen plays that so many teams (Lions in particular) use as a de facto run game.

Is that something to think about with Alexander or is it strictly him being handsy?

Alexander has the ability to play inside or out. I'm absolutely positive of that. I still think he can become a really good inside corner. He was so good in man defense in college and dominated anybody that wasn't a huge WR that could body him up. He also is a very confident tackler, he isn't going to light someone up, but he isn't shying away from contact.

He just has the young Rhodes problems. He is cocky, and shows it on the field, he also is just so grabby. These are about the same things Rhodes ended up having to overcome, and if Alexander does the same he will be a solid DB.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Duff Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this guy can get on the right track. He was an absolute shut-down corner at Clemson, he just needs to get his confidence up.

Rhodes - Waynes - Alexander is an extremely talented group of CBs.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:

R W A...sounds like a talented group of 1980s rappers.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Duff Man wrote:

R W A...sounds like a talented group of 1980s rappers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: