You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2.54: MINN - Mackensie Alexander [CB #20] Clemson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robb_K

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:

I would really love for Rhodes, Waynes, and Alexander to be a shut down trio for years to come.

I, too want, and expect this. He'll be a LOT better than Munnerlyn as the Nickel, as he can cover well, and won't need to take a lot of penalties.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Vike Daddy here is my biggest issue with Mackensie..... https://t.co/HR8WLnL9nF

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
@ Vike Daddy here is my biggest issue with Mackensie..... https://t.co/HR8WLnL9nF

personally, i don't judge a player's ability based on one play. at summer camp. on the first day.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprisingly, when the Vikings finished drills Friday on the first day of a rookie mini-camp, Alexander stayed on the field to do some extra work with Kearse. Earlier in the day, he had signed his contract to officially become a millionaire.

“I work,’’ Alexander said. “I’m just trying to be the best. If I don’t like something, I’ll stick to it until I get it right.’’

Alexander’s contract includes a $1.34 million signing bonus. He insists, though, that money won’t change him in the slightest.

“I worked so hard to be here,’’ Alexander said. “You can’t get the money and stuff involved in that.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2016/05/07/vikings-mackensie-alexander-called-worlds-2nd-hardest-working-man-after-father/

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sure like this guy's attitude.

both Rhodes and Waynes are on the quiet side, if Alexander works himself in to the rotation early he's going to become one of the team leaders.

Ozzy

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love this pick! Before the draft I had Alexander as a mid 1st round pick.

The kid can play, sure they said he did not have any interceptions but who gives a [inappropriate/removed]. He is part of one of the best defenses in college football over the past two years, played absolute top level competition more often than not.

He is super competitive, confident and I love the passion he plays the game with. Is a hard worker and the more I learn about his family life and personality the more I like him.

SC had a great feature about him and his family!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvNwCxkFkOw

He is a very smooth cover man and has been for awhile, really liked him in 2014, played even better in 2015 and was not targeted that often for a reason. He attacks the ball in the air and can make plays on the ball when thrown on which was not much.

Sure his statistics on the field are not impressive with no INTs or few tackles. But the kid can play and should be a fine pickup for the Vikings.

I was surprised he could come out early for the NFL draft. I thought he was a true sophomore but I guess he was a redshirt sophomore. Even better because he would have probably been a much higher pick if he would have went back to school another year.

Great talent and with Zimmer coaching him, he could be a fine player. I would rather have a smaller corner that will put up a fight than a big corner who has not balls.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mack as our #4/#5 CB going into the season. we have plenty of depth at the position this year.

I don't know if he'll ever be a team leader, but I like his confidence.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander, on:

community - “There are a lot of people in America that are successful that don’t come back home. It’s about sharing, but they don’t show their face and the kids don’t know who they are, and they don’t have nobody to look after. That’s when you get problems of kids being bad and going to jail. I just want them to look at me as a positive outlet.”

his sudden wealth - “I might get my mom a new car or something like that. My mom don’t really want much and I don’t need much. I’m good. I just focus on playing football.”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1668698-alexander-working-to-be-a-positive-outlet

PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of context of the OL being one giant question mark, I love this pick the longer I have to think about it. He should really help the defense.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have family that was very upset with this pick because we just draft Waynes, didn't have a need at cornerback, and could have drafted some one else.

Every time that discussion has started I simply refer them to the Denver Broncos. In 2014, the Broncos had two Pro Bowl cornerbacks in Chris Harris and Aqib Talib on their roster, yet with the 31st overall pick in the draft the selected Bradley Roby. Fast forward a year and Denver won the Super Bowl on the back of a defense that simply shut teams down in the passing game, and one of the biggest reasons was because with 3 very good coverage cornerbacks, opponents couldn't get passes off before getting hit with pressure and sacks.

With the Vikings playing 60% or more of their defensive snaps in nickel, Alexander was drafted to be a starter.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
...Denver won the Super Bowl on the back of a defense that simply shut teams down in the passing game, and one of the biggest reasons was because with 3 very good coverage cornerbacks, opponents couldn't get passes off before getting hit with pressure and sacks.

yes, plus this:

The Vikings hit an all-time low when they tied a modern-era record with 37 passing touchdowns allowed during the 2013 season. In two years under Zimmer, they’ve whittled that mark down to 26 passing touchdowns the first season and 24 touchdowns last season. The development of Rhodes and longevity of Newman have been the primary achievements to date. Now the focus turns to Waynes, and eventually to Alexander.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/05/vikings-method-in-defensive-secondary-you-can-never-have-enough-corners/

byuvike88

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
...Denver won the Super Bowl on the back of a defense that simply shut teams down in the passing game, and one of the biggest reasons was because with 3 very good coverage cornerbacks, opponents couldn't get passes off before getting hit with pressure and sacks.

yes, plus this:

The Vikings hit an all-time low when they tied a modern-era record with 37 passing touchdowns allowed during the 2013 season. In two years under Zimmer, they’ve whittled that mark down to 26 passing touchdowns the first season and 24 touchdowns last season. The development of Rhodes and longevity of Newman have been the primary achievements to date. Now the focus turns to Waynes, and eventually to Alexander.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/05/vikings-method-in-defensive-secondary-you-can-never-have-enough-corners/

And 4 of those last year came in garbage time. The Chargers, Lions, Giants, and Falcons all had one. Hopefully they limit those and whittle it under 20.

Last edited by byuvike88 on Tue May 10, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

widdle...?

it's whittle, son.

whittle: to reduce the amount of, as if by whittling with a knife; pare down; take away by degrees (usually followed by down, away, etc.)

Dictionary.com

byuvike88

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
widdle...?

it's whittle, son.

whittle: to reduce the amount of, as if by whittling with a knife; pare down; take away by degrees (usually followed by down, away, etc.)

Dictionary.com

My bad. I was typing while holding a little one. I fixed my mistake

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we love kids.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: