Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders select Jihad Ward, DE at #45
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly but surely, one at a time this staff and front office will convert all of the non-believers.

I been in the choir since I seen Reggie's pedigree and witnessed how serious he was making those first year cuts and JDR's first move was to improve the facilities.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
I would have rather traded up with our 2016 2nd round pick and our 2016 4th round pick to get WR-Sterling Shepard or traded down, grab some extra draft picks, and draft DT-Javon Hargrave.
Hindsight is 20/20, please stop living in the past the draft is over. Hargrave was there the Raiders passed.

Yes, Hargrave was available in the mid 2nd, but that would be consider a reach at #44. Trading down while grabbing a extra draft pick or two while getting a pretty good DT prospect in Hargrave that's not a huge difference from Ward would have been a slam dunk. Hargrave with his pass rushing abilities and his explosiveness is made for our 4-3 defense.

However, WR-Sterling Shepard wouldn't be a reach in the 2nd round. Instead of trading the 2016 4th round pick and the 2016 5th round pick to move up for QB-Connor Cook who won't help us right now, I would have rather traded up in the 2nd round with our 2016 2nd round pick and that 2016 4th round pick we used for QB-Connor Cook for WR-Sterling Shepard. I said this before and I will say it again, he got great hands, quick, elusive, and will be a YAC monster. Having him and Amari Cooper on those bubble screens and anywhere underneath with Seth Roberts around blocking someone is unfair for defenses. Have that 5th round pick back and use it on a DT, but you're right. The draft is over.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
I would have rather traded up with our 2016 2nd round pick and our 2016 4th round pick to get WR-Sterling Shepard or traded down, grab some extra draft picks, and draft DT-Javon Hargrave.

I wasnt very excited during the draft, but you have to at least give these guys a shot. There is no guarantee either of those guys will be more successful than Ward. So I wont complain about this draft anymore until they prove they cant play football. There is a lot of upside with our draft and I just hope our coaches can get everything out of them. I wasnt that happy with the MEJ pick last year. Well in 1 year he changed my opinion of him quite a bit.

I will, but what I'm saying is there were better prospects IMO. A guy like WR-Sterling Shepard was worth trading up for in the 2nd round instead of trading up for QB-Connor Cook in the 4th round who won't help us right now. If Amari Cooper or Michael Crabtree gets injured (knock on wood), we have a huge problem at WR where as if Derek Carr gets injured (knock on wood as well), Matt McGloin is more than a capable QB to have some spot starts. Where we can stop about this debate is that we both want the best for our players so I hope Ward gets All-Pro, Pro Bowls, and so forth.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20, please stop living in the past the draft is over. Hargrave was there the Raiders passed.

Yes, Hargrave was available in the mid 2nd, but that would be consider a reach at #44. Trading down while grabbing a extra draft pick or two while getting a pretty good DT prospect in Hargrave that's not a huge difference from Ward would have been a slam dunk. Hargrave with his pass rushing abilities and his explosiveness is made for our 4-3 defense.

However, WR-Sterling Shepard wouldn't be a reach in the 2nd round. Instead of trading the 2016 4th round pick and the 2016 5th round pick to move up for QB-Connor Cook who won't help us right now, I would have rather traded up in the 2nd round with our 2016 2nd round pick and that 2016 4th round pick we used for QB-Connor Cook for WR-Sterling Shepard. I said this before and I will say it again, he got great hands, quick, elusive, and will be a YAC monster. Having him and Amari Cooper on those bubble screens and anywhere underneath with Seth Roberts around blocking someone is unfair for defenses. Have that 5th round pick back and use it on a DT, but you're right. The draft is over.
Why would Hargrave be considered a reach at 44 you're using hindsight to make that statement, he could have went before he did easily seeing that he was a hot and popular name, if we had took him 44 instead of Ward you would have been happy because he was a popular name. As far as trading up in the 2nd round it probably would have taken more to do so.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jihad Seymour
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Jihad Seymour

You misspelled "Ward".
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Jihad Seymour

hopefully thats his ceiling but if we played a lofty comparison for prospect game

TK-Zoe - Troy P
Ward - Rich Seymore
Shalique - Jason Taylor
Cook - Carson Palmer
Dre- charlie garner
James- idk
Alexander- Steve Wiz

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
ULEN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Jihad Seymour

hopefully thats his ceiling but if we played a lofty comparison for prospect game

TK-Zoe - Troy P
Ward - Rich Seymore
Shalique - Jason Taylor
Cook - Carson Palmer
Dre- charlie garner
James- idk
Alexander- Steve Wiz

Best draft ever. No mames guey.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULEN wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Jihad Seymour

TK-Zoe - Troy P
Ward - Rich Seymore
Shalique - Jason Taylor
Cook - Carson Palmer
Dre- charlie garner
James- idk
Alexander- Steve Wiz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jihad making noise in OTA's, cant wait for TC...
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULEN wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Jihad Seymour

TK-Zoe - Troy P
Ward - Rich Seymore
Shalique - Jason Taylor
Cook - Carson Palmer
Dre- charlie garner
James- idk
Alexander- Steve Wiz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was reading the past comments in the beginning lol

what is your expectations this year from him? i hope edwards will able to play full season this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: