Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

From "The Guy of the Guy"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally could see a scenario where Berry is actually on the market. He is what 27-28 years old?

Even though he is showing no signs of slowing down, I can see someone low balling him and giving him a 3 year deal or so. Because they feel they could get their "own" version of him in the draft.

So even though they may want him, I can see them passing on him if the numbers aren't what they want and just drafting their own "Eric Berry" in Adams, Hooker or Baker.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I feel either Berry gets a long term deal with the Chiefs, or they tag him again to get more time to negotiate. Either way, I'm not holding my breath he hits free agency.

It's known that Berry wants to test FA, so he's not doing them any favors signing a long term contract before hitting the open market and seeing what's out there.

As far as a tag, KC has limitations. Not only do they have to make some moves to fit a tag plus leave room for the rookie cap and for other depth signings, they also need decide who to tag between Poe and Berry (just like Berry, I doubt Poe does KC any favors right now before FA, unless it's some top of the market contract)....

At this point, it really is a toss up if Berry hits the market or not...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always take the "Guy of the Guy" and his rumors as that. I think he's proved to have some knowledge, but it's been a while since he has "reported" facts as opposed to passing on rumors in the building.

He feels very confident that we will sign at least one of these "mid-level/low level" FA's.

TE-Dennis Pitta (if released)
CB-Ron Brooks
WR-Cordelle Patterson
WR-Robert Woods
WR-Quincy Patton
WR-Marquess Wilson
WR-Markus Wheaton
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
As always take the "Guy of the Guy" and his rumors as that. I think he's proved to have some knowledge, but it's been a while since he has "reported" facts as opposed to passing on rumors in the building.

He feels very confident that we will sign at least one of these "mid-level/low level" FA's.

CB-Ron Brooks
WR-Cordelle Patterson
WR-Robert Woods
WR-Quincy Patton
WR-Marquess Wilson
WR-Markus Wheaton

I'd be so happy if we got Robert Woods. I sure hope your guy is right on that one. Laughing

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2016 Adopt-A-Titan: Austin Johnson & Angelo Blackson
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

CB-Ron Brooks
WR-Cordelle Patterson
WR-Robert Woods
WR-Quincy Patton
WR-Marquess Wilson
WR-Markus Wheaton

I would like Patterson cause he adds something in the return game.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquess Wilson has shown some pretty good games when he is healthy. I'd be fine with him or Woods.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

CB-Ron Brooks
WR-Cordelle Patterson
WR-Robert Woods
WR-Quincy Patton
WR-Marquess Wilson
WR-Markus Wheaton

Barf...

Other than signing Patterson to take care of all return duties... none of those signings should be looked at as starters. I wouldn't consider those guys 2nd tier... more like depth fodder... and outside of Wheaton possibly, they offer nothing that guys like Sharpe and even Douglas offer.

Pitta will be 32 next year and has never been mistaken as a blocking TE. He's also not exactly a world beater as a receiving one either. I don't see the fit... we need a primarily blocking TE. This is a guy who missed 41 games over a 3 year stretch prior to last year... and who's averaged 7.8, 8.4, and 8.5 ypc the past 4 seasons (including a missed season). No thanks...

Ron Brooks is completely off my radar, and I honestly had to look him up to even know who he is. Is he the Eagles' CB entering the 2nd year of a 3 year/5.5M contract with the Eagles?

I know this list is not the entire FA plan... they would equate depth signings similar to the signings of Douglas and Valentino in the past. Still very underwhelming... and I can only even slightly support a Wheaton or Patterson signing.... the latter as a STs solution, not a WR solution.

Come one guy of a guy... gives us some Jeffery/Gilmore news... at least some Garcon/Stills/Quick/Kirkpatrick/Claiborne/etc news...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

CB-Ron Brooks
WR-Cordelle Patterson
WR-Robert Woods
WR-Quincy Patton
WR-Marquess Wilson
WR-Markus Wheaton

Barf...

Other than signing Patterson to take care of all return duties... none of those signings should be looked at as starters. I wouldn't consider those guys 2nd tier... more like depth fodder... and outside of Wheaton possibly, they offer nothing that guys like Sharpe and even Douglas offer.

Pitta will be 32 next year and has never been mistaken as a blocking TE. He's also not exactly a world beater as a receiving one either. I don't see the fit... we need a primarily blocking TE. This is a guy who missed 41 games over a 3 year stretch prior to last year... and who's averaged 7.8, 8.4, and 8.5 ypc the past 4 seasons (including a missed season). No thanks...

Ron Brooks is completely off my radar, and I honestly had to look him up to even know who he is. Is he the Eagles' CB entering the 2nd year of a 3 year/5.5M contract with the Eagles?

I know this list is not the entire FA plan... they would equate depth signings similar to the signings of Douglas and Valentino in the past. Still very underwhelming... and I can only even slightly support a Wheaton or Patterson signing.... the latter as a STs solution, not a WR solution.

Come one guy of a guy... gives us some Jeffery/Gilmore news... at least some Garcon/Stills/Quick/Kirkpatrick/Claiborne/etc news...

Yeah I would think these are depth/camp body signings.

I think the guy is timid to pass on info after the whole 2nd round draft misses.
ironlion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As free agency approaches I'm getting the pessimistic feeling that those are the type of guys we sign and the Adams family pockets the rest. I just have a hard time believing we're going to spend the money to get us some all pro/pro bowl level talent. We don't like to spend money and that's the bottom line. Build through the draft BS and such. I've learned that you can never trust this
organization, even with the Jrob in the picture.

That is most likely the list of our top free agents. We knew we needed DBs last year and we signed scrubs like Blake and the other guy who sucked equally while still having a ton of cap.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then I'm enjoying the fantasy world that is fanspeak. A realm where the Titans spend money on great players.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMH.....

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ironlion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going against everything I just said I just read this.

""Speaking on Good Morning Football, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said the Titans will "make a push to bring in some receiver help."
He added Tennessee will be "very active this offseason" and are "prepared to spend." The comments came up in a discussion about Alshon Jeffery, who is certain to land a monster deal as the best receiver available in free agency. If the Titans balk at Jeffery's asking price, they could turn to the draft to find a true No. 1 receiver. Clemson's Mike Williams, Western Michigan's Corey Davis, and Washington's John Ross are all first-round prospects.""

Per NFL.com via rotoworld.

Man I hope we spend some damn money. This offseason could truly make us a SB contender for years to come. I'd like to see a top notch backup QB brought in as well. I love Marcus but his injury history worries me. I'd hate to everything go to shot if/when he gets hurt again.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally feel that Donte Hightower is a target.

If the Patriots don't tag him, I see it. Hightower returning to TN, get paid. It all works out. Smile
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

If the Patriots don't tag him, I see it. Hightower returning to TN, get paid. It all works out. Smile

Speak of the devil...
Quote:
Adam Schefter
‏Just in: @_sportstrust informed that Patriots' LB @zeus30hightower will not be given franchise tag. Hightower now expected to test market.

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Speak of the devil...
Quote:
Adam Schefter
‏Just in: @_sportstrust informed that Patriots' LB @zeus30hightower will not be given franchise tag. Hightower now expected to test market.

Tell your guy to tell his guy to tell his guy to tell his guy to tell Jon Robinson to MAKE IT HAPPPPPPENNNNN

PS - love the "guy of a guy" stuff, KT. as always, keep the rumor mill spinning when you can! love to get at least a little bit of insight into the team!!

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
PS - love the "guy of a guy" stuff, KT. as always, keep the rumor mill spinning when you can! love to get at least a little bit of insight into the team!!

All previous barfin' aside, I agree. Guy of the guy has given us nuggets before, and while we know he'll miss (or purposely misinform) from time to time, it adds spark to the conversation... especially during the slow months like February.

I just want him to talk to us about Jeffery, dammit!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: