Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

From "The Guy of the Guy"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:
Ive been waiting for the guy of the guy!!! lol

Never really paid attention to Logan Ryan, dont really knw if he is good or not.

Love to hear that Berry is on the wishlist.

Hopefully Searcy is gone!!! Didn't make any impact when he was out there, was getting stiff armed far too often for my liking.

From what I've seen on Youtube, I think he is a good scheme player.
Solid player, who might get more money than he deserves.

Apparently, Ryan had a horrible first half of the season, but really turned it around in the second half (with the rest of the Patriots secondary... again, allegedly).

Apparently, he's been "shutting down receivers in the slot", to the tune of Ryan: 13-30, 130 yards, INT, five PBUs, 42.4 passer rating from Weeks 11-16 (according to http://nesn.com/2016/12/patriots-cornerbacks-have-locked-down-receivers-since-week-10-loss/). The link provides the full season numbers for the Pats (prior to the week 17 game).

The Pats seem to be very high on Rowe... and have Butler, so Ryan will probably walk. He's finished off the season very strongly after a highly rated 2015 season... so it looks like he'll definitely be getting a good chunk of change in FA this year.

I haven't paid attention to him either, but you can bet your Mariota jersey I'll be paying close attention next week and hopefully for a few more weeks.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was one of my top free agent CBs early in the season until I saw Patriot's fans talking about how badly he had played compared to last year. He just seemed like a guy we would target, as does their backup FS Duron Harmon who looks like a starter.

I'd actually like to get Harmon more.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's early in the offseason (for the Titans), but the "guy of the guy" isn't giving me any major TEA right now. Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:

Never really paid attention to Logan Ryan, dont really knw if he is good or not.

Hopefully Searcy is gone!!! Didn't make any impact when he was out there, was getting stiff armed far too often for my liking.

Apparently, Ryan had a horrible first half of the season, but really turned it around in the second half (with the rest of the Patriots secondary... again, allegedly).

Apparently, he's been "shutting down receivers in the slot", to the tune of Ryan: 13-30, 130 yards, INT, five PBUs, 42.4 passer rating from Weeks 11-16 (according to http://nesn.com/2016/12/patriots-cornerbacks-have-locked-down-receivers-since-week-10-loss/). The link provides the full season numbers for the Pats (prior to the week 17 game).

The Pats seem to be very high on Rowe... and have Butler, so Ryan will probably walk. He's finished off the season very strongly after a highly rated 2015 season... so it looks like he'll definitely be getting a good chunk of change in FA this year.

I haven't paid attention to him either, but you can bet your Mariota jersey I'll be paying close attention next week and hopefully for a few more weeks.

Rowes only playing a lot because Cyrus Jones has been a bust but the last few weeks Ryan has played better but will get more money than he deserves

Rishard Matthews 65 Rec 945 Yards 9 TD

Kalan Reed 2 Tackles 1 Assist

Sig By El Ramster
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

I wouldnt be surprised if we targeted any FAs from NE or Tampa considering the Robinson connection.

If we got Berry, signed a mid tier FA CB like Ryan, and then drafted a CB and a WR in the first, it would be a MAJOR win for the offseason.

I think Byard and Berry would play very, very well together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:

Rowes only playing a lot because Cyrus Jones has been a bust but the last few weeks Ryan has played better but will get more money than he deserves

Rowe was also a 2nd rounder, like Jones... and has 1 year on him... so its not entirely surprising he's getting more playing time and has outplayed him. Everything from the Patriots is pointing to them not resigning Ryan, including having Jones waiting in the wings to take over the slot next year.

Again, Ryan's stats look great down the stretch. We, as fans, will have a chance to get a good look at him for at least 1 week and possibly more. Having scouted him in 2012 and leading up to the 2013 draft and UDFA, Robinson knows Ryan much better than any of us... and still has connections in the NE FO... so I trust his reasons for liking him (if he indeed does).
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All seems to make sense, which is a big change around these parts for once going into an offseason.

Ryan seems to fit into the FA strategy Robinson has, targeting guys on their 2nd contracts. Berry would be great to get but not sure KC lets him go or not. I think Dontari Poe at the right price would be a huge get and maybe more realistic that KC lets him walk. You'd have to overpay, but he'd do wonders for Casey, Orakpo and Morgan in pass rush and is solid in run stop.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't confuse liking Ryan to waiting on his doorstep when Free Agency Starts.

I would like to imagine, that yeah, he might like him. But only like him if he will settle for a price of X amount.
We all heard that they like Taushaun Gipson last year, but obviously didn't want to pay him the money he got and settled for Rashard Johnson.

I think that is how we ended up with a secondary of Brice McCain and Blake. He didn't want to overpay for some of those guys.

Maybe he opens it up a little more this time seeing the importance of it.

But yeah, Ryan I think is someone that he wouldn't mind having but not going to break the bank on getting.
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the guy had called the WR coach firing, he'd been a surefire source. Surprised at the change, but given the issues at the position can always get better.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
If the guy had called the WR coach firing, he'd been a surefire source. Surprised at the change, but given the issues at the position can always get better.

Right! He seems to get that things are going to happen but has the names wrong. Lol
Knew a WR was going to get traded but said Hunter instead of DGB.

Talked about a firing but mentioned Defensive backs. Lol. Maybe the meetings with stuff like wide receivers hadn't happened yet when he sent the email lol
ironlion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does an Eric berry contract look like??

5/50$ million
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:

5/50$ million

With the potential bidding war for him, it wouldn't surprise me if he got 12 mil a year.

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:

5/50$ million

Close probably, but considering he was at 10 mil a year just on his rookie contract I'm sure he's going to get more than that this year.

Harrison Smith signed for 10.25 a year(51.25/5). Berry will probably be around the 11 to 12ish per. He's being paid 10.8 this year on the tag.

#MTGA
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:

5/50$ million

The cap continues to increase... he'll be one of the top FAs in the entire league, not just at S... Thomas and McCourty signed for the essentially the same yearly avg 2 seasons ago. Harrison Smith broke that last season... as did Mathieu, by a good chunk

Look for him to get close to or surpass Mathieu's contract.... 5 years, $62M... $40M guaranteed for injury will be the big question mark (he's 5 years older than Mathieu at the time of signing)
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
ironlion wrote:

5/50$ million

The cap continues to increase... he'll be one of the top FAs in the entire league, not just at S... Thomas and McCourty signed for the essentially the same yearly avg 2 seasons ago. Harrison Smith broke that last season... as did Mathieu, by a good chunk

Look for him to get close to or surpass Mathieu's contract.... 5 years, $62M... $40M guaranteed for injury will be the big question mark (he's 5 years older than Mathieu at the time of signing)

The issue with the Mathieu contract comparison for Berry(or at least I'd think) is Mathieu plays a lot of corner too. Berry doesn't.

#MTGA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: