You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

From "The Guy of the Guy"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hightower would still be better than any ILB that we currently have by a pretty large margin. He's not the best in coverage, but I've still seen him make plays in coverage which is more than I can say for Williamson or Woodyard. I'd say that he's elite at stopping the run and rushing the passer. I think he'd be a pretty large upgrade in the middle of our defense.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think it's reverse. I think fans, at least the ones here view Williamson worst than the Titans.

I think the Titans want to get faster on defense, Robinson has said as much. I don't know if we are expecting an ILB to be Deion Sanders in coverage or something but I don't see Hightower being a bum in coverage.

Maybe I'm looking wrong. But he would be a big upgrade to the defense if you ask me. Can blitz off the edge, play the run and not be invisible in coverage.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Actually I think it's reverse. I think fans, at least the ones here view Williamson worst than the Titans.

I think the Titans want to get faster on defense, Robinson has said as much. I don't know if we are expecting an ILB to be Deion Sanders in coverage or something but I don't see Hightower being a bum in coverage.

Maybe I'm looking wrong. But he would be a big upgrade to the defense if you ask me. Can blitz off the edge, play the run and not be invisible in coverage.

Exactly. I was thinking about this the other day. Every team in the NFL is looking for linebackers that are superior in coverage, because it opens up a lot for the defense especially the teams that run the 3-4. The reality of it is that there aren't a ton of elite coverage linebackers in the league. Those kind of guys don't grow on trees. Hightower isn't bad in coverage. I'd say he's average in coverage and elite in run stopping and blitzing. That to me puts him in the conversation as a top 10 ILB in the league.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with Hightower, especially if we could follow it up with Jamal Adams in the draft. I just have such a bad feeling that for the 2nd year in a row, my favorite DB will end up in Jacksonville.

And no you don't expect them to be Deion, but TE's and RB's in the pass game has been the bane of this defense's existence since Bulluck was in his prime. ANd its not the star TEs and backs of the league, its the no names who shread us routinely. Either you need better LB play, better safety play or a combination.

I'm curious to see if they make a run at SS Tony Jefferson in FA.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as big on Hightower as some of you are he's good but he's hurt every year

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
I'm not as big on Hightower as some of you are he's good but he's hurt every year

That's my concern. He's only played in 16 games once in his career.

#MTGA
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I'm just always weary of certain Patriot players that leave there organization and get paid big and don't have that same drive they had with Belichick pushing them. He is a good player if we signed him I wouldn't jump off the bandwagon but I'd look for something cheaper or better.

The counter argument to me would be Hightower is about to hit the prime of his career and that could make it worth the risk

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

All these FA's have warts, ya know.
Bouye only doing it one year.
Jeffries, injuries and PED questions
Pryor, one year of production, character concerns.
Etc...

I understand it though. Just gotta pick which wart you comfortable with. Smile
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

All these FA's have warts, ya know.
Bouye only doing it one year.
Jeffries, injuries and PED questions
Pryor, one year of production, character concerns.
Etc...

I understand it though. Just gotta pick which wart you comfortable with. Smile

Yup, there's a reason these guys are free agents. That's the risk/reward game of free agency.

#MTGA
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
One late nugget from The guy......
Now that it's confirmed Hightower isn't tagged....
Robinson loves Dont'a Hightower. LOVES him.

Robinson will make a run.

Blah, like I said before, we need better coverage ILBs and he doesn't fit that at all.

Avery Williamson has been incredibly overrated on here due to an unexpected rookie season. Hightower would likely replace him and give us a starting ILB who does everything better than Willamson rather than play alongside him.

I'd say there's a decent chance the front office isn't near as high on Williamson as the fan base. There isn't much else in free agency as far as linebackers go.

Who said anything about Williamson? It's a well known fact that he sucks in coverage. Same goes for Woodyard who Williamson is a better player than. Hightower is just a better version of Williamson but still is a liability in coverage. Hightower wants a ridiculous contract(that's why NE isn't resigning him) and I'd rather Robinson not hand out a huge contract to a guy who is a liability in coverage.

You didnt have to say anything about Williamson. It is Williamson's role he would be taking over and he does everything better than him, including cover backs and TEs when asked to do so, which won't be very often.

He far from sucks in coverage for the type of linebacker he is and the role he will play. You are exaggerating his deficiencies by a large margin. He is a playmaker, one of the best young LBers in the NFL, and that is what we need on defense.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another huge thing, if not the biggest thing, that makes me want Hightower is that he would bring the kind of leadership that you want out of your ILB. I think we've been needing that "heart and soul" guy in the middle of our defense. Hightower would absolutely be that.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Another huge thing, if not the biggest thing, that makes me want Hightower is that he would bring the kind of leadership that you want out of your ILB. I think we've been needing that "heart and soul" guy in the middle of our defense. Hightower would absolutely be that.

Potentially adding Hightower + Jamal Adams, to go along with Casey and Orakpo, would do wonders to the leadership of our defense.

#MTGA
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I'm just always weary of certain Patriot players that leave there organization and get paid big and don't have that same drive they had with Belichick pushing them. He is a good player if we signed him I wouldn't jump off the bandwagon but I'd look for something cheaper or better.

The counter argument to me would be Hightower is about to hit the prime of his career and that could make it worth the risk

Such as? Which former Patriots are we talking about here?

**RIP Steve McNair**
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted different systems play into it but Givens wasn't lighting it up before he got injured. Asante Samuel wasn't the same player when he left. Pat Chung was awful in Phi then had to comeback to be good. Spikes has been bad on and off the field. Tully Banta Cain was a sack artist in NE then went to SF and did nothing. Deon Branch was irrelevant in Seattle. They don't have a huge list but there not much different from us to be honest we have a lot of guys that left and havnt done much I know Antwon Odem left and had a good run with Cin for a bit Randy Starks was good and Sen Derrick had a good year but for the most part a lot of our guys leave and we never hear about them again

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Granted different systems play into it but Givens wasn't lighting it up before he got injured. Asante Samuel wasn't the same player when he left. Pat Chung was awful in Phi then had to comeback to be good. Spikes has been bad on and off the field. Tully Banta Cain was a sack artist in NE then went to SF and did nothing. Deon Branch was irrelevant in Seattle. They don't have a huge list but there not much different from us to be honest we have a lot of guys that left and havnt done much I know Antwon Odem left and had a good run with Cin for a bit Randy Starks was good and Sen Derrick had a good year but for the most part a lot of our guys leave and we never hear about them again

The only guy on that list that was anything more than a role player was Asante Samuels and you are wrong about him. 29 of his career 51 INTs came after he left NE. This included a combined 16 INTs in just 2 seasons 2009-2010). None of the other guys were remotely close to the pro-bowl level of play Hightower is at currently at. In addition Chandler Jones had a Pro bowl year in Arizona without Belicheck. Jamie Collins played solid after his mid season trade.
e

**RIP Steve McNair**

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: