You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

From "The Guy of the Guy"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.

The Guy of the Guy has had better days. Laughing
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 5236
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.

The Guy of the Guy has had better days. Laughing



See what happens when you give him his own thread.
_________________


#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.

The Guy of the Guy has had better days. Laughing



Yes he has....lol

Putting him back in Div. II ball.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 13249
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could spin it as he was right on not being interested in Jack and as of now Braxton could still be had
_________________
TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
2011

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown


Sig By El Ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.

The Guy of the Guy has had better days. Laughing



Yes he has....lol

Putting him back in Div. II ball.

I mean, he's still batting significantly higher than any of the Titans beat writers. Laughing
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Well you could spin it as he was right on not being interested in Jack and as of now Braxton could still be had


Technically he didn't say we would take them..

Just look out for them..lol


At this rate Billings gonna be there in the 7th...lol
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capton_cutclass


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 78
Location: Philadelphia Metro Area
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Ok, well I guess he can get his own thread.

History....

The Guy of the Guy has given info regarding:
The trade of Ayers hours before it broke....
Mariota was going to be out a few games with the knee injury.
Insight on the GM search, including that Amy Adams Strunk really like Robinson's plan during the interview.
Said the Titans were going to sign Rashard Johnson days before it was annoucned (also said Vasquez was going to be a Titan)
Said the Titans had "trade winds blowing" hinting that a trade was going to be made soon days before the Rams trade was announced.
In that same message said the Titans didn't want to drop out of the top 10.
He then said the Titans had a deal in place to move back up in the Top 10 last week or so.

**Also said Murlakery like Keenan Reynolds***

So, I think he has built a solid foundation of knowing something.....

He has dropped something on me this morning..

The Titans soured on Tunsil long time ago. They caught him in a "lie." They determined a while ago he wasn't a fit for the team. They also do not like the culture that he was in while at Ole Miss. Reminded them of the way Texas was with Griffin and Young.
Contrast that with the Michigan State culture, where it is more family "hardworking" culture.

Conklin was the pick after his visit. They fell in love with him and he fell in love with the Titans. They pretty much said, "We are coming to get you."
They traded down with him specifically in mind. But also were going to trade up for Buckner or Ramsey if they got to #8.

Giants were definitely going to take Conklin. Bears also had him in their sights.

They were looking to trade up for Vernon Butler. Cost too much. Teams wanted one of their 2nds.

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.


I dont buy the culture thing at all...if we are talking about character...why draft Henry. I can make a solid argument he took money at Alabama. He is driving around in a brand new expensive car. Theres a big likelihood Henry and any other stud coming out of the SEC is taking money to play. We know this and every team knows this. Yet they still got drafted. So until something concrete comes out about Tunsil. It sounds like he made enemies all over the place. Id love to know what it was.

As far as Tunsil goes I just think he may have blown teams away with his stupidity. Like all I can picture is Jon Robinson going to shake his hand at the meeting and saying after he walks away dam thats one of the dumbest people I've ever met. Either that or he is just a big baby huey type of dude. I was thinking with all that allergic reaction stuff...this dude is just messing up can't do nothing right. Literally everything went wrong in the dumbest way possible.

Its the Jason Pierre-Paul thing. JPP id be willing to bet is one of the dumbest dudes out there. He blew his hand off right before he was about to be set for life. Hes missing fingers. If he had just waited til after he signed the deal...in a few years with modern medicine he may have been able to buy some new fingers. Now hes just a bum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lovetitans


Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 647
Location: Oklahoma
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

capton_cutclass wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Ok, well I guess he can get his own thread.

History....

The Guy of the Guy has given info regarding:
The trade of Ayers hours before it broke....
Mariota was going to be out a few games with the knee injury.
Insight on the GM search, including that Amy Adams Strunk really like Robinson's plan during the interview.
Said the Titans were going to sign Rashard Johnson days before it was annoucned (also said Vasquez was going to be a Titan)
Said the Titans had "trade winds blowing" hinting that a trade was going to be made soon days before the Rams trade was announced.
In that same message said the Titans didn't want to drop out of the top 10.
He then said the Titans had a deal in place to move back up in the Top 10 last week or so.

**Also said Murlakery like Keenan Reynolds***

So, I think he has built a solid foundation of knowing something.....

He has dropped something on me this morning..

The Titans soured on Tunsil long time ago. They caught him in a "lie." They determined a while ago he wasn't a fit for the team. They also do not like the culture that he was in while at Ole Miss. Reminded them of the way Texas was with Griffin and Young.
Contrast that with the Michigan State culture, where it is more family "hardworking" culture.

Conklin was the pick after his visit. They fell in love with him and he fell in love with the Titans. They pretty much said, "We are coming to get you."
They traded down with him specifically in mind. But also were going to trade up for Buckner or Ramsey if they got to #8.

Giants were definitely going to take Conklin. Bears also had him in their sights.

They were looking to trade up for Vernon Butler. Cost too much. Teams wanted one of their 2nds.

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.


I dont buy the culture thing at all...if we are talking about character...why draft Henry. I can make a solid argument he took money at Alabama. He is driving around in a brand new expensive car. Theres a big likelihood Henry and any other stud coming out of the SEC is taking money to play. We know this and every team knows this. Yet they still got drafted. So until something concrete comes out about Tunsil. It sounds like he made enemies all over the place. Id love to know what it was.

As far as Tunsil goes I just think he may have blown teams away with his stupidity. Like all I can picture is Jon Robinson going to shake his hand at the meeting and saying after he walks away dam thats one of the dumbest people I've ever met. Either that or he is just a big baby huey type of dude. I was thinking with all that allergic reaction stuff...this dude is just messing up can't do nothing right. Literally everything went wrong in the dumbest way possible.

Its the Jason Pierre-Paul thing. JPP id be willing to bet is one of the dumbest dudes out there. He blew his hand off right before he was about to be set for life. Hes missing fingers. If he had just waited til after he signed the deal...in a few years with modern medicine he may have been able to buy some new fingers. Now hes just a bum.


I'll be honest your SEC argument is pretty stupid. you could make a solid argument that everyone in the entire NCAA regardless of conference was getting paid. so to single out just Henry is a little ridicules when that car only cost $26k and its already been proven that his parents and a former teacher helped him pay for. Second, it's not just tunsil its the entire team atmosphere at Ole Miss. Robert nkeniche did the same stuff, Tunsil as it turns out was involved in almost all of those things, he openly admits to taking money from coaches at collage, he was suspended for it. coaches pushed it all to the side and enabled it to happen. he has pending lawsuits for violence. He seems dumb. he's not the type of guy you want on your team. the JPP argument is pretty stupid also. he was in a contract dispute long before any of the fireworks stuff and he is still set for life even after all that. and him being dumb, you have zero proof of that so I'm not even going to respond to it.

I wanted Tunsil as a player but the last week before the draft he kind of fell off because of these things. he wasn't a player I want after hearing all these things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capton_cutclass


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 78
Location: Philadelphia Metro Area
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

lovetitans wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Ok, well I guess he can get his own thread.

History....

The Guy of the Guy has given info regarding:
The trade of Ayers hours before it broke....
Mariota was going to be out a few games with the knee injury.
Insight on the GM search, including that Amy Adams Strunk really like Robinson's plan during the interview.
Said the Titans were going to sign Rashard Johnson days before it was annoucned (also said Vasquez was going to be a Titan)
Said the Titans had "trade winds blowing" hinting that a trade was going to be made soon days before the Rams trade was announced.
In that same message said the Titans didn't want to drop out of the top 10.
He then said the Titans had a deal in place to move back up in the Top 10 last week or so.

**Also said Murlakery like Keenan Reynolds***

So, I think he has built a solid foundation of knowing something.....

He has dropped something on me this morning..

The Titans soured on Tunsil long time ago. They caught him in a "lie." They determined a while ago he wasn't a fit for the team. They also do not like the culture that he was in while at Ole Miss. Reminded them of the way Texas was with Griffin and Young.
Contrast that with the Michigan State culture, where it is more family "hardworking" culture.

Conklin was the pick after his visit. They fell in love with him and he fell in love with the Titans. They pretty much said, "We are coming to get you."
They traded down with him specifically in mind. But also were going to trade up for Buckner or Ramsey if they got to #8.

Giants were definitely going to take Conklin. Bears also had him in their sights.

They were looking to trade up for Vernon Butler. Cost too much. Teams wanted one of their 2nds.

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.


I dont buy the culture thing at all...if we are talking about character...why draft Henry. I can make a solid argument he took money at Alabama. He is driving around in a brand new expensive car. Theres a big likelihood Henry and any other stud coming out of the SEC is taking money to play. We know this and every team knows this. Yet they still got drafted. So until something concrete comes out about Tunsil. It sounds like he made enemies all over the place. Id love to know what it was.

As far as Tunsil goes I just think he may have blown teams away with his stupidity. Like all I can picture is Jon Robinson going to shake his hand at the meeting and saying after he walks away dam thats one of the dumbest people I've ever met. Either that or he is just a big baby huey type of dude. I was thinking with all that allergic reaction stuff...this dude is just messing up can't do nothing right. Literally everything went wrong in the dumbest way possible.

Its the Jason Pierre-Paul thing. JPP id be willing to bet is one of the dumbest dudes out there. He blew his hand off right before he was about to be set for life. Hes missing fingers. If he had just waited til after he signed the deal...in a few years with modern medicine he may have been able to buy some new fingers. Now hes just a bum.


I'll be honest your SEC argument is pretty stupid. you could make a solid argument that everyone in the entire NCAA regardless of conference was getting paid. so to single out just Henry is a little ridicules when that car only cost $26k and its already been proven that his parents and a former teacher helped him pay for. Second, it's not just tunsil its the entire team atmosphere at Ole Miss. Robert nkeniche did the same stuff, Tunsil as it turns out was involved in almost all of those things, he openly admits to taking money from coaches at collage, he was suspended for it. coaches pushed it all to the side and enabled it to happen. he has pending lawsuits for violence. He seems dumb. he's not the type of guy you want on your team. the JPP argument is pretty stupid also. he was in a contract dispute long before any of the fireworks stuff and he is still set for life even after all that. and him being dumb, you have zero proof of that so I'm not even going to respond to it.

I wanted Tunsil as a player but the last week before the draft he kind of fell off because of these things. he wasn't a player I want after hearing all these things.


Alot of the things you just said agree with what I was trying to say. Your right about it not being just the SEC...but the point still applies. I think the culture argument is weak. Maybe they looked into the car and saw it was legit IDK. Im just saying I dont buy it. You said Tunsil was dumb...so did I. The point with JPP is that he was dumb. You cant really argue that...blowing your hand to pieces is dumb. Im applying that stupidity to Tunsil and why you wouldnt want to draft a guy whose a moron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6194
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think them talking about a culture change would have much to do with people who were compensated by their team to play football, considering every player in the NFL is doing just that. Also, every major program is doing it in some way or another.

The culture change embodies finding people who live, breathe, sweat, and bleed winning and the hard work it takes to win.

I don't know much about Byard's work ethic, but out of our first four picks they all stand out on tape as a straight up fighter on every down. No plays taken off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.

The Guy of the Guy has had better days. Laughing


To "The Guy of the Guy"




Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does "The Guy of the Guy" get a little street cred back, since it's obvious we are going after so many UDFA's with return experience? lol
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
So does "The Guy of the Guy" get a little street cred back, since it's obvious we are going after so many UDFA's with return experience? lol

Nope. He's dead to me.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 8646
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
So does "The Guy of the Guy" get a little street cred back, since it's obvious we are going after so many UDFA's with return experience? lol


The only thing that can save him is Louis Vasquez. Wink
_________________

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capton_cutclass


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 78
Location: Philadelphia Metro Area
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
So does "The Guy of the Guy" get a little street cred back, since it's obvious we are going after so many UDFA's with return experience? lol


To be honest when you said we were all in on Conklin prior to the gas mask video of Laremy dumb dumb...I thought that was borderline ridiculous. But a few hours later I actually heard Jon Robinson say as much in the press conference so that checked out in my eyes...had me there.

The one thing that right now I can criticize was Billings and a bunch of the other Day 2 names you said to watch out for... when you consider JRob and Mularkey said they already had Austin Johnson circled on the draft board...Billings doesn't make much sense at that point. But that doesn't mean he's full of it at all. Im sure when teams target a guy like Austin Johnson they keep a lid on it. Theres always deception going on and an inner circle gets the real info and the outsiders get misinformation. Or it could be confabulation based on who we where working out and interviewing versus who we might be going after in his mind. The reason I think this is a possibility is the names are wrong but the positions kinda match up with who we drafted...

Were those day 2 names from the guy of the guy or was that your assessment based on what he told you?

I think he's definitely credible. If it was JRob himself the picture we get would be different than what actually occurs because JRob would be telling us what he thinks one day...not was is actually occurring the next. These things tend to fly by the seat of their pants and is always changing day to day. Your guys is probably friends of people partially in the know so that makes it even harder to determine. But anything you get is welcomed by me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group