Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

From "The Guy of the Guy"
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

Ok, well I guess he can get his own thread.

History....

The Guy of the Guy has given info regarding:
The trade of Ayers hours before it broke....
Mariota was going to be out a few games with the knee injury.
Insight on the GM search, including that Amy Adams Strunk really like Robinson's plan during the interview.
Said the Titans were going to sign Rashard Johnson days before it was annoucned (also said Vasquez was going to be a Titan)
Said the Titans had "trade winds blowing" hinting that a trade was going to be made soon days before the Rams trade was announced.
In that same message said the Titans didn't want to drop out of the top 10.
He then said the Titans had a deal in place to move back up in the Top 10 last week or so.

**Also said Murlakery like Keenan Reynolds***

So, I think he has built a solid foundation of knowing something.....

He has dropped something on me this morning..

The Titans soured on Tunsil long time ago. They caught him in a "lie." They determined a while ago he wasn't a fit for the team. They also do not like the culture that he was in while at Ole Miss. Reminded them of the way Texas was with Griffin and Young.
Contrast that with the Michigan State culture, where it is more family "hardworking" culture.

Conklin was the pick after his visit. They fell in love with him and he fell in love with the Titans. They pretty much said, "We are coming to get you."
They traded down with him specifically in mind. But also were going to trade up for Buckner or Ramsey if they got to #8.

Giants were definitely going to take Conklin. Bears also had him in their sights.

They were looking to trade up for Vernon Butler. Cost too much. Teams wanted one of their 2nds.

Players to look out for today:
Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.
615finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller is going to be one of the picks, I really want Alexander and Spence. Cravens is somebody I think Lebeau would have fun creating plays for
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
They caught him in a "lie."

Wonder what it was?

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Titan89

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Ok, well I guess he can get his own thread.

History....

The Guy of the Guy has given info regarding:
The trade of Ayers hours before it broke....
Mariota was going to be out a few games with the knee injury.
Insight on the GM search, including that Amy Adams Strunk really like Robinson's plan during the interview.
Said the Titans were going to sign Rashard Johnson days before it was annoucned (also said Vasquez was going to be a Titan)
Said the Titans had "trade winds blowing" hinting that a trade was going to be made soon days before the Rams trade was announced.
In that same message said the Titans didn't want to drop out of the top 10.
He then said the Titans had a deal in place to move back up in the Top 10 last week or so.

**Also said Murlakery like Keenan Reynolds***

So, I think he has built a solid foundation of knowing something.....

He has dropped something on me this morning..

The Titans soured on Tunsil long time ago. They caught him in a "lie." They determined a while ago he wasn't a fit for the team. They also do not like the culture that he was in while at Ole Miss. Reminded them of the way Texas was with Griffin and Young.
Contrast that with the Michigan State culture, where it is more family "hardworking" culture.

Conklin was the pick after his visit. They fell in love with him and he fell in love with the Titans. They pretty much said, "We are coming to get you."
They traded down with him specifically in mind. But also were going to trade up for Buckner or Ramsey if they got to #8.

Giants were definitely going to take Conklin. Bears also had him in their sights.

They were looking to trade up for Vernon Butler. Cost too much. Teams wanted one of their 2nds.

Billings, Mackensie Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Xavien Howard, Micheal Thomas, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Noah Spence, Su'a Cravens.

No mention of Jack.

I think that list is actually pretty accurate. I think at least one if not more of those will be in Titan blue tonight. I think Braxton Miller is very likely especially though to be honest I would rather wait till the 3rd round to take him as he is pretty raw. I think for CB it will come down to Alexander or Fuller and I know we met with Fuller not sure if we met with Alexander. Spence would be good value now the question is does he fit what we want and is he done being stupid? Billings is super intriguing but is NT as important to us as our other needs and we did sign Woods to a three year contract. However, then again Billings could learn behind Woods and is still young with a ton of potential.

Will be very interesting tonight.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Billings, Mackensie Alexander & Noah Spence for me in the 2nd round please and thank you. I like the home state guy Keenan Reynolds later in the draft rather than Miller in the second, however I will be cool with Miller in the 3rd. Let's do this JRob.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Last edited by lamont on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanWarfare

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really against Braxton Miller in the second. After Alexander, there is a drop off at corner...but after Billings, the drop off in DL talent is substantial as well. We have got to come out of these first two picks with either Billings or Alexander.

I hope we use some of our ammunition to move up from 43. If we can somehow get Billings and Alexander, I honestly don't care whoever else we pick in the draft because it would just be icing on the cake. Conklin, Billings, and Alexander. That's three potential starters next year. Add in Hunter Henry at 45 and I'll [inappropriate/removed] my pants in happiness
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

No mention of Jack.

Well, I know what players tape I'll be checking out today.

#MTGA
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to edit and clarify something.

The attempts to get Butler, teams wanted "their" 2nd round pick, #33 and one of the Rams 2nd round acquired picks, plus more.

And as always treat it as rumor not fact. Smile
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if a Wilkerson trade might still be on the table.

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
I wonder if a Wilkerson trade might still be on the table.

IMO that is not happening. Casey has a big contract and Wilkerson's contract will be larger than Casey's when he signs his deal. That is too much cap locked up in the DL and no sense making your best defensive player (Casey) ask for money next offseason. JRob has talked up the DL talent in the draft as well. They will take a DL tonight.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the next 4 picks for us going Billings, Fuller, Cravens, and Miller... so I love the guy of a guy's list...

We all should have known the Titans found something on Tunsil as soon as they traded down with so much time before the draft. They knew whoever traded up was not trading up for him (it was always for a QB)... but they also didn't want to appear "stuck" at 1 with no real #1 prospect for them to take once more teams started finding what they found ...

I still believe Tunsil is the best OT on the field, but man, that went from minimal smoke to a full forest fire in a matter of minutes (I repeat, I think the Titans knew about these things before, as did the other teams that looked into him thoroughly... it was just us fans and those in the media that were surprised 10 minutes before the draft). I understand the risk the Dolphins took, as he's the best player in the draft... but I also understand why teams like the Chargers, Ravens, Titans, and Giants didn't pull the trigger... really disappointed, not that the Titans didn't take him... disappointed that he ended up being such a dumb*ss...

I like Conklin, and knew we had to take an OT with the first pick. I'm disappointed we gave up a future 2nd though (in addition to 76). We have the extra 3rd next year, I would have much rather made it a 3rd next year and let the Browns keep their 6th.

As for Conklin... does he end up the LT? There's no doubt he's the RT this year... but do the Titans project him at LT? Not only did they take him higher than they took Lewan... but they also traded up for him... and gave up a pretty penny doing so. It'll be interesting to see how that unfolds in the next 12-24 months...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Terry McCormick ‏@terrymc13 3m3 minutes ago

Laremy Tunsil video probably wasnt a surprise to #Titans who were already steering clear of him in favor of Jack Conklin.

Pretty much
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: From "The Guy of the Guy" Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
They caught him in a "lie."

Wonder what it was?

He lied when asked about the $100 taped to the back of the playbook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I think we'll go Andrew Billings/Kendall Fuller/Braxton Miller tonight
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure we were one of those teams.

Quote:
Panthers GM Dave Gettleman told the media seven teams called the Panthers about possibly trading into pick No. 30.
We are a bit surprised the Panthers did not bite on an offer, as they only have six picks in the draft. However, Vernon Butler's grade was just too high to pass up on. The Panthers were in a similar position last year and decided to trade up in round two for a receiver. That could be the case again on Friday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: