Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's settle this. Who do you want SD to pick?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want SD to Pick?
Laremy Tunsil
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Jalen Ramsey
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Joey Bosa
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Deforest Buckner
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Message
chargerbuckeye


Joined: 09 Oct 2014
Posts: 1610
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Let's settle this. Who do you want SD to pick? Reply with quote

There will be 5 choices

You all know that my vote goes for Tunsil. You all know that I think DeForest Suckner is the most overrated player in the draft, and you all disagree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 1967
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Bosa, with the intent on Ingram playing as an off-ball LB part time. He's the player I wanted at the beginning of the off-season. It's less of a fit now because he dropped weight, and because Telesco didn't sign someone who is a natural fit to play 1-T/3-T on passing downs.

I'm expecting Buckner. I'd be fine with either him or Tunsil, with a slight preference toward Buckner.

The only one on the list I don't want is Ramsey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 11036
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsey

Best combination of safe and upside.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chargerbuckeye


Joined: 09 Oct 2014
Posts: 1610
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
I voted Bosa, with the intent on Ingram playing as an off-ball LB part time. He's the player I wanted at the beginning of the off-season. It's less of a fit now because he dropped weight, and because Telesco didn't sign someone who is a natural fit to play 1-T/3-T on passing downs.

I'm expecting Buckner. I'd be fine with either him or Tunsil, with a slight preference toward Buckner.

The only one on the list I don't want is Ramsey.


It should be Tunsil, but here is why I think it'll be Ramsey. When they were talking about moving Myles Jack to safety, it makes me assume that they are targeting a safety in rd 1. And they have been doing extra homework on Jarran Reed as a possibility in rd 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilkieray


Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 221
Location: Bossier city, LA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Tunsil here. Reasoning; Best player available and King's injury history. However, I do not think we can go wrong with this pick with Ramsey, Buckner or Bosa. All have enough talent/potential to warrant the #3 pick. Either way if we use our pick at #3 we will get a potential pro bowler.
_________________
gotta win the lottery so I can move back to San Diego
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 1967
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
It should be Tunsil, but here is why I think it'll be Ramsey. When they were talking about moving Myles Jack to safety, it makes me assume that they are targeting a safety in rd 1. And they have been doing extra homework on Jarran Reed as a possibility in rd 2.


I'm not sure. I think it just gives us more of an indication of what kind of safety they're targeting... which isn't a surprise since we should be expecting someone who will take over for Addae.

I'm not seeing Jarran Reed in round 2. I'd be shocked if he was even within trade up range (Arizona at #29 is fair value if we burn our early 4th), so it has to be as a trade down option.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chargerbuckeye


Joined: 09 Oct 2014
Posts: 1610
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
It should be Tunsil, but here is why I think it'll be Ramsey. When they were talking about moving Myles Jack to safety, it makes me assume that they are targeting a safety in rd 1. And they have been doing extra homework on Jarran Reed as a possibility in rd 2.


I'm not sure. I think it just gives us more of an indication of what kind of safety they're targeting... which isn't a surprise since we should be expecting someone who will take over for Addae.

I'm not seeing Jarran Reed in round 2. I'd be shocked if he was even within trade up range (Arizona at #29 is fair value if we burn our early 4th), so it has to be as a trade down option.


If Jarran Reed passes KC, then he will be there for us at 35. However, I have KC picking him in my latest mock


Adolphus Washington or Chris Jones could be available in rd 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyle21121


Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Posts: 11002
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would be too displeased if we took any of the players listed above I tend to lean toward Ramsey as I feel he is the best player in the draft and I see him as more of a safety than a CB he could be a game changer.

In order

Ramsey
Tunsil
Buckner
Jack (if healthy)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Strawman Theory


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. The run defense was so bad last year. Then again we also couldn't run, yet again either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Highboltage55


Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Posts: 187
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order of preference:

1) Buckner
2) Ramsey
3) Bosa
4) Tunsil
5) Jack
6) Stanley

-I like Buckner and in a perfect scenario we can trade down and still select him. He is a perfect fit for a hybrid scheme (playing 5 tech LE on "base downs" and inside during Nickel/Sub packages) and would be an immediate starter and three down player. Needs to refine his pass rush repertoire (moves), he mainly relies on a "bull rush" but was asked to 2 gap at Oregon ("lock out the OT" and "read" the play as opposed to 1-gapping/penetrating). Versatile player, logged many snaps this past season, has physical upside (isn't done "growing" into body), should contribute to shoring up the Run D and keeping the Linebackers clean.

-Ramsey has the most upside in this draft. Three year starter at FSU as a True Freshman, split time between CB/S. Ideally is an interchangeable Safety (FS/SS) in our system and can play in the "slot" as well. Will be used in various ways: man coverage against specific players (Ex. Gronk, Demaryius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, etc.), can play zone, has shown the ability to blitz and play the run. Replaces Eric Weddle, and Telesco has shown to usually pick a guy to "replace" a past starter.

Bosa is an elite "edge setter" and run-stopper. He has great length, good size, converts speed to power in great fashion-but lacks "elite" athleticism and "bend". Bosa is a technician who will break you down over the course of a game. I don't see him as a 3-4 SAM OR as a bona fide "5 technique" like DeForest Buckner. He would still be an impact starter, playing Left End on base downs and potentially kicking inside to 3Tech on passing downs (he did this in college, but IDK how well he can hold up on a consistent basis).

We also could potentially show more 4-3 Under looks with Bosa, or maybe even Buckner. Bosa would be in charge of containing the C gap from a 5-7 tech but is still effective enough to rush the passer. We recently signed Mebane who played as a 3 Tech in his early years at Seattle, and switched to a 1Tech NT when Pete Carroll arrived. I don't recall him ever playing a 0 shade (head up on the Center), and I think Ingram would have the ability to play "off-ball SAM" in similar fashion to Bruce Irvin. Attaouchu would be the other Defensive End, the "LEO", "OTTO", or as Pete Carroll called it during his USC days, "Elephant". Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and Nick Perry all played this role during their time at USC (Cushing then switched to ILB), so I think between Ingram, Attaouchu, and Emmanual we would have decent depth + a signing / draftee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 1967
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye, we're drinking in celebration tonight Dancing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chargerbuckeye


Joined: 09 Oct 2014
Posts: 1610
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
chargerbuckeye, we're drinking in celebration tonight Dancing



AS STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN WOULD SAY. OHHHH HELL YEAH!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group