Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kurt Warner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bears247

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Kurt Warner Reply with quote

I read in several articles that Kurt Warner had a very good visit to Chicago. He said it is between the Bears, the Cards and the Lions. He also said that he has the best chance to start in Arizona, and that both teams have better skill players, but he said Lovie makes it interesting. He said the Lovie brings character to the organization and that we were defenately on the way up. He said he had a good trip and would make a decision soon. What do you guys think about Kurt Warner? Too much money? Still have some quality football left? If Rex gets hurt again, could he take us to he super bowl?
Pdogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Warner fan but if you look at what's available Garcia,Johnson and Fiedler i would have to say he's the guy.But if i was him i'd go to Arizona i'm sure he would end up starting,good young wr's a offensive minded coach.
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go with Jay Fiedler for less money. Get pollard from Indy and we have out TE.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how Arizona has better skill players, they have 1 WR that had a big year ONE time and nothing else but a bunch of prospects.
For Detroit Kevin Jones is good but again they have one sortof proven WR and a bunch of prospects, we have a top 10 WR and a good RB as well + the top 4 pick inthe draft so I would say we are at he top of a close race myself.
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your going to get Warner.

Don't lose sleep.
purdueman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Oh God, not Warner! Reply with quote

[quote="Bernie Mac"]I say go with Jay Fiedler for less money. Get pollard from Indy and we have out TE.[/quote]
Kurt Warner is nothing more than a big distraction. He'll mewl and whine if Grossman's ready to go and takes the starting job over and the first time Rex makes a rookie mistake we'll all be hearing from his loudmouth pain in the arse wife how her Kurt should be starting.

Warner's Bible thumping playing for Jesus act is annoying as hell too. Jesus has never taken sides in wars or natural disasters; trust me, He doesn't take sides or even care about professional sports either. Moses? Maybe, but Jesus has far too many things on His plate.

Fiedler's a better choice because he keeps his mouth shut and handles Wanny's yanking him in and out and in and out of the lineup like a pro.
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense guys, but chicago's o-line isnt that good. Warner needs an excellent supporting cast around him for him to succeed. With our o-line the way it is I dont think that Warner is the best thing for us. Also he will come at a price, a price that we dont have the $$ for. Look at what he did last year with the Giants terrible o-line, you think he will be better, when we had a worst line? We gave up 66 sacks last year, that wont be a good thing for the immobile Warner. I would not like it if the bears signed him. I personally thought we shoulda gone after Garcia, just because he is a vet. and he can make plays with his feet when the bears awful o-line breaks down. But word is that Denver has taken him, so that leaves us with Warner, Johnson, and Feidler. Of those three, I would want Feidler because he comes from a team that was defensive in nature (like the bears are) and he knows how to manage a game. I am not to sure on Johnson, because I look at Tampa last year, and they had some struggles also on their o-line early last year, which wound up to Johnson losing the starting job, and eventually giving it to Griese. Johnson is also old, how much does he have left in the tank? Does anyone know? Which brings me back to Feidler.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grossman is young and inconsistent. Warner is a seasoned Veteran.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: