You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predictions on Lions Season, game by game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
The Detroit Lions will go 4-12 next season.

You can quote me on this one.

We can beat Green Bay (at home) Buffalo, @ NY Jets and San Fran. Thats it.

Alright, I have this bookmarked.

If the Lions won 5 games last year, with an injured team falling apart mentally under a lousy coach, and they return this year with a better coaching staff, most of the same players with more experience, and a fresh round of draft picks, I just don't understand where they're going to drop. Unless you're telling us that Harrington, Holmes, and McQuarters were the only players dragging this team to 5 wins instead of 4.
goblue42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
goblue42 wrote:
This is very optimistic but what the hell its April the only time I am optimistic.

1. Seattle - Win - This team went to the Superbowl but they arent all that. Marinelli will want to set the tone on opening week and the Lions will shock Seahawks with a 10 point win

2. At Chi - Loss -tough defensive battle we lose by a fg.

3. Green Bay win- Lions go 2-0 with a td win

4. At St. Louis - loss -Despite Martz pulling all the tricks the Lions lose late

5. At Minnesota - Loss - Another tight one Lions lose

6. Buffalo - win ---- Tight win in a lackluster contest

7. At Jets Win --- Finally a road win by a fg

8. Atlanta ---- Win The Lions get pay back from last years debacle win there 3rd straight

9. San Fran Win--- 4th straight win gets the ford field fans feeling good

10 At AZ - Loss --- LIons lose big game to the revamped Cards

11. Miami - Win -- Lions gobble up a nice win

12 At Ne ----Loss - Ne still a good team at home late in the season

13 Minn- Win -- split of home series

14. Green Bay --- loss --- Too cold Lions lose

15 Chicago -------Win -- Da Bears are not all that

16 At Dallas ---- Loss --- Playoff type game Lions lose in overtime

9-7 -- Possible wild card or even division winner

I say 8-8 because we will lose to either Atlanta or Miami but I agree with the rest Smile

I revised it to 9-7 with a loss to San Fran -- I know the Lions are not going 8-0 at home The big if is Atlanta! Wink
nb5005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better not lose to San Fran Sad
goblue42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
We better not lose to San Fran Sad

The Fickled Lions always blow an easy game and win a game they shouldnt thus this is why I picked this game for them to lose. With the Lions expect the unexpected!
nb5005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can just hope by the end of next season TO will make his team really mad and break any chemistry Smile
jameson23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenick_1999 wrote:
First of all the Lions could possibly get Woodson. Every1 forgets that the Lions were trying to sign Ty Law last year after we signed R.W Mcquarters and after we drafted Stanley Wilson. So don't rule out Millen possibly signing Law or Woodson. Now on to the picks.

Seattle- (Loss)... I think this game is going to be much closer then everyone on here thinks because Seattle is not very good on the road and i personally think the Lions are going to shock people this year, but I predict a 28-17 loss to open the season.

@ Chicago- (Win)... It will be a great game, but the Lions pull it out. Everyone seems to forget that the last time the Lions played the Bears they lost in overtime on game winning interception after Jeff Garcia stunk up the joint all game. The Lions pull out a tight one 17-14 in overtime.

Green Bay- (Win)... The Lions destroy the Packers with or with out Brett Farve. Lions win 35-10.

@ St. Louis- (Win)... The Lions pull this one out in a game I think they should win. The Rams do not scare me as much as they do most people especially because since I have no clue who there coach is. Lions win a somewhat close game 21-13.

@ Minnesota- (Win)... The Lions beat the Vikings at Minnesota for the first time in a very long time. I just do not see the Vikings offense as being very special since they have very weak widerecievers and I am not a believer in Brad Johnson. Lions win 21-14.

Buffalo- (Win)... Buffalo gives the blue cats a bit of a scare, but the Lions mammoth DTs shut down McGahee and the Lions improve secondary gives the young JP fits. Lions win 28-24

@ New York Jets- (Win)... The Lions dominate the Jets. The Lions totally out play the Jets in a stamen t game. Lions win 42-7

Bye- Lions are the talk of the league as they head into the bye week with a sparkling 6-1 record.

Atlanta- (Loss)... The Lions are usually not good off the bye and have trouble stopping Vick and the tough running game. Lions louse 35-21.

San Fransisco- (Win)... Lions destroy an under matched niners team as they bounce back from the Falcon loss. Lions win in a blow out 42-21.

@Arizona- (Win)... The Cardinals come in to this game with a great record of their own. The Cardinals play the Lions tight in there beautiful new stadium, but come up short as the Lions DTs shut down the run and there amazing new secondary slows down the great duo of Boldin and Fitzgerald. Lions win 35-28.

Miami- (Win)... Thanksgiving day, nothings better then Lions football and turkey (when its a close game, which I see this one being). The Dolphins record last year was inflated a bit with games against weak opponents. Also a win against the Patriot scrubs that went down to the last play of the game. I see the Lions improved receivers being to much for the depleted Miami corner backs as Roy or Charles torches former teammate Andre Goodman. The Lions finally beat the big fat Pepper in a shoot out 48-41

@ New England (Loss)... The Lions get beat in an almost unfair match up. The Patriots are too good at home and needing a win to stay in the playoff race the Pats beat the Lions worst then any team this season. The Patriots win in a Blizzard 28-7.

Minnesota- (Win)... The Lions come home to the comforts of warm and toasty Ford Field as they whoop up on a Mike McMahon led Viking squad. The Vikings are looking at a high draft pick and possible Brady Quinn selection after an unthinkable season. Lions win 35-14.

@ Green Bay- (Win)... The Lions destroy the Packers for the first time at Lambeau since before Farve. Arron Rodgers throws four picks. Two each to Dre Bly and rookie sensation Michael Huff. Lions win big 35-7.

Chicago- (Win)... The game of the season comes on a Sunday night against the Chicago Bears. The Lions are trailing by four. Mcown has lead them to the twenty yard line. Mcown drops back and throws a stripe to the back of the end zone where Charles Rogers pulls off Notre Dame part 2 and makes the most amazing catch in Lions history. The Lions fans uncontrollably rush the field and tear down the goal posts as they celebrate the Lions first ever NFC North championship. The Lions win 23-20.

@ Dallas- (Loss)... After already clinching a bye and two games back of the Cowboys for home field advantage play the back ups. Kitna and Vines give it all they got, but Drew Henson and Marion Barber are too much as they defeat the Lions. Lions louse 21-14.

Detroit Lions 2006-2007 record 12-4

PLAYOFFS

(1)Dallas Cowboys

(4)CAR vs (5)ARI

(3)SEA vs (6)CHI

(2)Detroit Lions

Round 2

DAL vs CAR

DET vs CHI

NFC Championship

DAL vs DET

SUPERBOWL 41

DET vs CIN

The Lions face off against the Chicago Bears for the third time in an amazing game. Once again the Lions trail by four with less then a minute to go. Josh Mcown leads the Lions down the field. The Lions are at the 15 yard line with four seconds to go. Mcown roles out and lofts one up once again for Charles Rogers as he make a one handed grab as the Lions stun the bears for the third time this season.

The Lions travel to Dallas for the match up the whole league has been waiting for all season long (can't count the first game). The Lions are down by 14 early as the fans of Detroit start to wonder if this amazing season has finally come to an end. But all of a sudden Roy Williams (DET WR) throws the team on his back. The Lions hit him over and over again. The Lions go into half time tied 14-14. In the second half the Lions start to double Terrell Owens with Huff and Bly. Owens becomes extremely frustrated. Bill Parcells sends him to the locker room for spitting in Drew Bledsoe's face after he overthrew him. The Cowboys are shaken by Owens actions, especially after he had one comeback player of the as well as NFL MVP. Roy Williams (DET WR) takes advantage and continues to go to work. The Lions are up by seven with four minutes to go when Roy picks a pass out of the sky and bulls over Roy Williams (DAL FS) for his fourth touchdown of the game. Roy Williams finishes the game with 22 receptions and four touchdowns as he shines in front of his family and friends back home in Texas. The Lions win 28-14.

Leading up to the super bowl Shaun Rogers is constantly being seen on sportscenter singing, "Were going to Miami, welcome to Miami". Although Rogers is not the only one being seen on sportscenter. Chad Johnson talks of how he respects the Lions amazing secondary of Dre Bly, Kennoy Kennedy, Michael Huff. and (possibly) Charles Woodson, but goes on to say, "Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, and Ed Reed could not stop me".

The game starts and the Lions are in trouble early. Chad Johnson makes two spectacular catches and puts the Bengals up by 14. The Lions strike back with a 20 yard Kevin Jones touchdown run. At the half the Lions trail 14-7. The half time show is a total disaster as the unlikely duo of lil bow wow (excuse me, Bow wow) and Michael Jackson get into a fight after Jackson tries to remove bow wow's shirt. The game stars again and turns into a defensive battle. Rudi Johnson makes a big run for a touchdown as the Bengals lead 21-7 with five minutes remaining. It looks like all hope is lost with the Bengal defense shutting down the Lions until Kevin Jones busts an 85 yard run for the touchdown. Still needing help to get the win the Lions go for the on side kick. Michael Huff flies over the top of the Chad Johnson and grabs the ball out of the air while hanging six feet in the air. The crowd roars as they witness the most amazing play ever made in a super bowl. Mcown drives the Lions down to the 20 yard line once again with two seconds remaing. The Bengals smartly triple cover Charles Rogers. Coach Marinelli throws his headset to the ground as Mcown throws a five yard check down to Kevin Jones. Jones spins down the sideline ala Tiki Barber. Kevin Jones is at the five yard line with rookie safety Jimmy Williams standing in his way (Williams had talked all week long of how he was going to show everyone who the true defensive rookie of the year widerecievers, and that the Lions would be sorry they drafted Huff instead of him). The two Virginia Tech Hookies face off, Kevin Jones lowers his shoulder and rolls in to the end zone. Marinelli is signally to go for two, but Mike Williams takes the football from Kevin Jones and gives it CPR. A 15 yard penalty is called on the Lions and Marinelli is force to kick the extra point. The whole world holds its breath as Don Mulbach makes a perfect snap back to Hanson who drains the kick. In overtime the Bengals win the toss. Carson Palmer drops back and hits Chad Johnson on a quick slant. With no one in front of him he is headed to the end zone, hes at the 20 the 10 the 5, Michael Huff dives out and punches the ball out of Johnson's hands. Dre Ably scoops up the ball and runs 70 yards where he pitches it to second round steal Mathias Kiwanis's who runs it in for the game winning touchdown. Kevin Jones is named the MVP with a super bowl record 245 yards and three touchdowns. Right before the picture fades to black you see Michael Huff holding the Lombardi trophy and Kevin Jones holding the MVP trophy as they jog back to the locker room side by side. The Lions win 28-21

Now I know this is far fetched, especially the playoffs, but my point in writing this prediction is that the Lions are not that far away. People forget how dominate the Lions defense was this year before all of the injuries. They were dominate in the games against the Packers, Buccaneers, and Panthers. With a little luck in the draft and some good health the Lions could have one of the best defenses in the league. Add that with the way Kevin Jones and the o-line played two years ago and thats as good as the Bucs were this year. Fantasy football experts were saying that Kevin Jones could rush for 1500-2000 yards last year before the season started. That would be a dominant offense itself not to mention the potential of our wide recievers. Bottom line is the Lions can be a dominant team this year, all us as Lions fans need to do is support are team and not give up hope. I am not saying we are going to win a super bowl this year, but in the words of J.P from Angels in the Outfield, "Hey, it could happen."

GO LIONS

maybe a dream but a damn good one at that.
post of the month baby!
LionsOwnU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:
amaru0 wrote:
Quote:
@ St. Louis- (Loss)..Bulger lites up our already depleted backfield

What depleted backfield? We could be lining up Dre Bly, Charles Woodson, Kenoy Kennedy and Michael Huff for all we know.

Quote:
@Arizona- (Loss)..This years version of the Carolina Panthers..suprise everyone

Thats what everyone said about them last year.

Quote:
@ New England (Loss)...is this even a question?

I would say so, since NE hasn't done anything to help themselves in the past two offseasons.

There is no reason other than general pessimism to predict a 6-10 record at this point. With a good draft and the coaching staff getting through like most people expect them too, we could easily post a winning record this year.

First off, we WONT get woodson. Secondly, name the last season when the lions were not struggling to have healthy bodies in the defensive backfield? I hope we get huff, but he will be a rookie and you cant expect the world in the first season, just as long as he shows some promise.

As for the Cardinals, last year they didn't have Edrin James and Fitzg. wasn't coming off an incredible season. With a solid draft pick who can contribute, the Cardinals will be a problem.

New England- Maybe NE hasn't done a whole lot to add to their team over the past couple years, but guess what...fact is, they are STILL better than us! Even if they have to use the worlds greatest drop kicker as their field goal kicker in Doug Flutie.

Finally, this is MY prediction. You sit and complain about mine? Grow a set and do your own. Its easy to rip apart other people's predictions, why not put up your own. After all, that is what i said the thread was made for anyways.

can i pleeeeeaaase burn this guy?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41499
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:
post of the month baby!

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it. The funny thing is I wrote this whole thing up and when I finished it I was no longer logged in. I signed in and it erased my post. I was about ready to break my computer. Evil or Very Mad It took so long to do in the first place and then I did it all over again, but I thought it was worth it.
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:
post of the month baby!

This would be a dream come true to you especially. Lions and Bengals in the superbowl. Wink
qball8001

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsOwnU wrote:

NO

The Nick. I will nominate your post for post of the month if you want. I liked it.
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
LionsOwnU wrote:

NO

The Nick. I will nominate your post for post of the month if you want. I liked it.

Thanx, I dont think I will get very much love from the other teams fans, but I am glad the Lion fans got some enjoyment out of it. Go ahead and put in there just to see how it does.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly think this is way to early to predict this. Its hard to predict game by game because of injuries, qb controverseys, whos hot, who is not, etc. You just cant do this accurately right now. They could be 4 and 12 like Diez said, or they could make the playoffs. You just don't know. After the preseason would be a 100% more accurate

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:
i honestly think this is way to early to predict this. Its hard to predict game by game because of injuries, qb controverseys, whos hot, who is not, etc. You just cant do this accurately right now. They could be 4 and 12 like Diez said, or they could make the playoffs. You just don't know. After the preseason would be a 100% more accurate

Predictions will never be guarenteed accurate. This was for fun and the predictions were made on how we are right now and how we expect the draft to play out. Don't take it too seriously.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenick_1999 wrote:
Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:

Predictions will never be guarenteed accurate. This was for fun and the predictions were made on how we are right now and how we expect the draft to play out. Don't take it too seriously.

yeah i know, i also enjoy looking at it, just sayin, sorry if i came across irritated or angry

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
nb5005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions go 5-11 or worse I say fire Matt Millen and get a guy in there who knows what he is doing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: