Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the McDougald signing
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheChancellor


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 216
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I love the McDougald signing


As a fellow Buccaneers fan said:
Quote:
sad to see the Scottish thunder go... average starter or amazing depth


Another great addition. Loving the free agency so far.
_________________

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38308
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I love the McDougald signing

He doesn't play center field like you'd want but he's a missile against the run. He comes outta nowhere and drops guys fast.

Maybe a scheme change is what he needs to improve in coverage.

I wish we'd resigned him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Any bit coin wagers that Oday Aboushi beats out Ifedi? Looks like he was playing left guard but in our versatile turnstile, I'm sure Oday could play RG. It's nice depth. I don't have fear of Ifedi going to RT. He can't pass block NFL DE's and won't last there. It's one of those deals that Ifedi better not get injured or he won't get his starting job back.

The Seahawks made their second addition to the offensive line in free agency, signing guard Oday Aboushi.


Aboushi, a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft, has appeared in 26 games in his four-year career, starting 18. Earlier this month, the Seahawks signed Luke Joeckel, the former No. 2 overall pick in the 2013 draft who Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said could be an option at left tackle or left guard.

Aboushi, who is 6-foot-5, 308 pounds, spent his first two seasons with the New York Jets, starting 10 games at left guard in 2014. He spent the past two seasons with the Houston Texans, appearing in 11 games with eight starts.

When Aboushi has been a starter, he has been among the best guards in the league when it comes to pass protection over the past two seasons, allowing only four sacks or quarterback hits on 287 snaps during which the quarterback held the ball for more than 2.0 seconds.

That 1.4-percent sack/hit rate ranks favorably to some of the league’s top guards, and Aboushi also had only four penalties over the past two seasons. Aboushi has also proven durable in his four-year career, missing a total of four games due to injury while never appearing on injured reserve.
I am interested to see how strongly he pushes for time. He sounds great but also makes you wonder about why he got such a low contract offer. Here is the contract:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/oday-aboushi-12421/

The limited starts and lack of snaps are reasons to be cautiously optimistic, but your numbers certainly are intriguing and hopeful. I believe Seattle is less excited about Glowinski than some Seattle fans are
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brseahawks


Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 827
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://draftanalyst.com/two-round-mock-draft

Interesting mock draft. No Kevin King, Budda Baker, Garrett Bolles, Ryan Ramczyk available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
http://draftanalyst.com/two-round-mock-draft

Interesting mock draft. No Kevin King, Budda Baker, Garrett Bolles, Ryan Ramczyk available.
nice to see some different names. This seems very possible, very pcjs esque. I like Conley and Harris
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I believe Seattle is less excited about Glowinski than some Seattle fans are


That's one way to interpret it. I think they are very motivated to move Ifedi to RT unfortunately.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I believe Seattle is less excited about Glowinski than some Seattle fans are


That's one way to interpret it. I think they are very motivated to move Ifedi to RT unfortunately.
A possibility too. I think they'd like to try him at RT first before deciding he can't play there. Glow may have been a RG in college too. Regardless, we have a lot of options now for possible lineups
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Oday Aboushi Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I believe Seattle is less excited about Glowinski than some Seattle fans are


That's one way to interpret it. I think they are very motivated to move Ifedi to RT unfortunately.
A possibility too. I think they'd like to try him at RT first before deciding he can't play there. Glow may have been a RG in college too. Regardless, we have a lot of options now for possible lineups


The question becomes....do we have any good ones?
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/847099928694341632

Quote:
Carroll floats idea of Fant sitting and learning for a while behind Joeckel but says long-term expectations for Fant remain high.


This would be best for Fant imo
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Carroll says they have talked to Ifedi about moving back to RT. Says Joeckel will start out at left tackle, Aboushi at right guard.


https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/847090933975834624

If true, I am happy about Joeckel at LT. I am nervous about Ifedi at RT but physically he has the tools. Might as well go for it
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/847099928694341632

Quote:
Carroll floats idea of Fant sitting and learning for a while behind Joeckel but says long-term expectations for Fant remain high.


This would be best for Fant imo


"See what Luke did right there? That's exactly how not to do it. I hope you're getting a lot out of this, George."
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26316
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/847099928694341632

Quote:
Carroll floats idea of Fant sitting and learning for a while behind Joeckel but says long-term expectations for Fant remain high.


This would be best for Fant imo


"See what Luke did right there? That's exactly how not to do it. I hope you're getting a lot out of this, George."
Pretty confident Joeckel will be better than what Fant was last year Laughing
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brseahawks


Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 827
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this OL group going forward if we draft the badass Asiata (3rd round). I think the recent moves makes it clear that we won't go OL very early. We make at least 5 defensive picks in this draft.

Joeckel/Fant - Glowinski/Asiata - Britt/Hunt - Abousi/Odhiambo - Ifedi/Gilliam


Joeckel as stop gap as Fant studies and learns the position (I like his potential a lot as far as both footwork and mentality goes), open wide competition at both guard spots, but I'm a little concerned by how Ifedi will react to this position shift as he's pretty raw, but I think his body type is of a natural RT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 33488
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're really shopping richard. Interesting patriots-like move if we trade him
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 34 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group