Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

SoS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
animaltested wrote:
I guess the plan for 2017 is to roll with three glass cannons at RB and hope all three are not broken at the same time.
100%, though Lacy's injuries are over blown. He played 15 games, 16 games, and 15 games his first three years. Last year was the only time he missed a large chunk of time

To be fair, he slipped in the draft some due to a degenerative ankle condition and is now returning from a season-ending ankle injury, all the while potentially playing at the heaviest weight of his career. There's cause for some concern of durability.

I'm hoping the plan is to limit all three players touches so we can get the most out of all of them and not wear any one guy down.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
animaltested wrote:
I guess the plan for 2017 is to roll with three glass cannons at RB and hope all three are not broken at the same time.
100%, though Lacy's injuries are over blown. He played 15 games, 16 games, and 15 games his first three years. Last year was the only time he missed a large chunk of time

To be fair, he slipped in the draft some due to a degenerative ankle condition and is now returning from a season-ending ankle injury, all the while potentially playing at the heaviest weight of his career. There's cause for some concern of durability.

I'm hoping the plan is to limit all three players touches so we can get the most out of all of them and not wear any one guy down.
It's a valid point by both of you guys, I just don't want to call a guy a walking injury, yet, when for most of his career he has managed to play.

I am waiting on Seattle to resign Shead. I know he'll miss a chunk of the year but losing him would hurt

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope this guys mock comes true

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793200/article/reuter-fourround-mock-draft-30-three-receivers-in-top-10

Ramzcyk and King with my first and second

#1 ET Supporter
TheChancellor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793200/article/reuter-fourround-mock-draft-30-three-receivers-in-top-10

If Ramczyck is available until then, sure, by all means. Get either him or Humphrey in the first round, and I'm happy.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
brseahawks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

In this mock I'd go Melifonwu at 26, King at 58, move picks around to pick DeMarcus Walker and Jarrad Davis on 3th round and Asiata on 4th round.

Solve DB issue, load pass rush, add depth to LB and improve competition at the OL. Make that D great again.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

In this mock I'd go Melifonwu at 26, King at 58, move picks around to pick DeMarcus Walker and Jarrad Davis on 3th round and Asiata on 4th round.

Solve DB issue, load pass rush, add depth to LB and improve competition at the OL. Make that D great again.
Huge mistake to go Melifonwu over Bolles. Bolles is a better football player and nearly as exceptional an athlete and leas of a position of need. Melifonwu is peobably a corner in our echheme. He is not a Kam style player

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Huge mistake to go Melifonwu over Bolles. Bolles is a better football player and nearly as exceptional an athlete and leas of a position of need. Melifonwu is peobably a corner in our echheme. He is not a Kam style player

Bolles is 20 on Reuter's and 25th on Jeremiah's, or am I wrong? Either way, no way Bolles will be nowhere near available the 26th. No way the Seahawks get a chance to put their hands on both King and Melifonwu.

I view Melifonwu as an automatic chess piece in this offense. Seahawks can line him up in so many ways, it's almost indecent. He could instantly take snaps at slot CB, specially against move-TEs, provide SS depth, LB depth, outside corner depth. In the long run, he has the type of talent and playmaking ability to be anything Seahawks want him to be. Possibly the highest ceiling DB in this class.

Also, no rookie should be expected to be a Kam style of player. That kind of impact and leadership is developed through work, earned in the locker room by example. Nobody is born with that. If you're drafting someone to be Kam, you're hopeless.

Last edited by brseahawks on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Bolles is 20 on Reuter's and 25th on Jeremiah's, or am I wrong? Either way, no way Bolles will be nowhere near available the 26th.

I view Melifonwu as an automatic chess piece in this offense. Seahawks can line him up in so many ways, it's almost indecent. He could instantly take snaps at slot CB, specially against move-TEs, provide SS depth, LB depth, outside corner depth. In the long run, he has the type of talent and playmaking ability to be anything Seahawks want him to be. Possibly the highest ceiling DB in this class.
a fun chess piece for sure, but he and King seem redundant back to back. If we are going based on the mock, which was your thoughts, i want Bolles as a future LT

I am with you on the potential of Melifonwu, but i would rather have the LT and imo better player. I think you are dead on with Asiata, such a seahawk

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I interpret this, Bolles won't be available at 26th pick, right? The only way to get to him would be by trade up, aaaaand, I think I'd do this. Bolles is a top 10 talent, pick Bolles, King, Jarrad Davis.

Bolles is better than Jack Conklin.

Seahawks don't have a chance to get their hands on both Obi and King. They'd snap do it if they could (assuming no top10 talent falls around 20s), they are not redundant. King would be strictly outside corner, close the hole Maxwell left, Obi would line up anywhere in the field on very different packages, a different animal.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
The way I interpret this, Bolles won't be available at 26th pick, right? The only way to get to him would be by trade up, aaaaand, I think I'd do this. Bolles is a top 10 talent, pick Bolles, King, Jarrad Davis.

Bolles is better than Jack Conklin.

Seahawks don't have a chance to get their hands on both Obi and King. They'd snap do it if they could (assuming no top10 talent falls around 20s), they are not redundant. King would be strictly outside corner, close the hole Maxwell left, Obi would line up anywhere in the field on very different packages, a different animal.
Oh, whoops Laughing Laughing Laughing I hadn't clicked on the link in a while. I forgot it was Ramcyzk and not Bolles who he had going to us

I would rather have Ramcyzk even though I like Bolles more. I think Ramcyzk is pretty damn safe and looks fluid in pass pro and runs his feet nicely with good balance in the run game. Bolles has higher upside and I think is more realistic to nab in a trade up. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize how confusing what I was saying was until now

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shead and Willson resigned

https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/842743530992803840

Willson gets a 1 year, 3M deal. TE class is loaded this year, worked out nicely for us.

I haven't seen anything on Shead, but you'd imagine it is a 1 year deal for minimal money given the injury

#1 ET Supporter
TheChancellor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Shead and Willson resigned

https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/842743530992803840

Willson gets a 1 year, 3M deal. TE class is loaded this year, worked out nicely for us.

I haven't seen anything on Shead, but you'd imagine it is a 1 year deal for minimal money given the injury

Happy to hear that Luke is staying. He's really solid. I hope Shead recovers well.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
Zman724

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

I guess I didn't make that very clear. I was insinuating that we would kick Ifedi out to RT, where I think he will seriously struggle. I think there's no doubt that was the plan if Lang signed.

Y'all know a lot more than I about college talent and potential Hawk players and reason I'm going to stop on by.

What I will say, is that you don't "think" Ifedi would struggle. You "know" he will struggle. We all gave 1 player that we didn't want the Hawks to draft. Mine was always Ifedi. He would get trounced at RT, obliterated. He's a physical specimen that doesn't know how to play elite football. His footwork, balance & awareness are pathetic and that's in a phone booth.

While most will say, you can't call a guy a bust after 1 season, I just did & said it b4 the draft. Ifedi was going to be a turd with flies is currently true & it will be a miracle if he is an impact guard. He's a reason I think our OL will stink again in 2017. The right side is a sieve.

I know there were posters that wanted Ifedi. Probably from Hawk draft site to here. I will never know what anyone saw in Ifedi. I didn't see one great game tape with all snaps. Not one.
Zman724

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had college knowledge so I could add some insight but at this juncture, I haven't watched any "full game" you tube of any OL, but I will.

I will say that I think we're trying to re-live the past by signing Lacy. He'll earn his $5mm and likely won't bring much to the table. His yds after contact are excellent but if he gets popped at the LOS, he'll get his 2 yds.

He doesn't have quick feet at all. At least Beast had quick feet to elude defenders. Heck, Alex Collins has some nice feet but his 2 fumbles have him in the dog house. I wanted to see more carries from Collins. I love Rawls. I love the power and passion. As well as Prosise looked, I've never been a fan. He's a nice 3rd down weapon.

We're making some weak signings. Joekel for $8mm? Lacy for $5mm? Heck, I couldn't stand signing Kearse last year & I'd cut his commit an offensive pick play penalty every other game but he's too much of a cap hit.

Besides, RW is the franchise player that will take us back to the SB. It's no longer a RB's team.

Eddie Lacy is a Brandon Jacobs type while both Collins & Rawls have more Beast in them. Size, weight, feet. We don't have the OL to just run between the tackles and that's what Lacy needs. I see a lot of stuffed at the LOS plays. At least Rawls & Collins can make a backer miss.

I'm instantly a Lacy fan because he's on our squad but wasn't interested in spending valuable resources on him at all.

Disappointed in the off season so far.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
SoS wrote:

I guess I didn't make that very clear. I was insinuating that we would kick Ifedi out to RT, where I think he will seriously struggle. I think there's no doubt that was the plan if Lang signed.

Y'all know a lot more than I about college talent and potential Hawk players and reason I'm going to stop on by.

What I will say, is that you don't "think" Ifedi would struggle. You "know" he will struggle. We all gave 1 player that we didn't want the Hawks to draft. Mine was always Ifedi. He would get trounced at RT, obliterated. He's a physical specimen that doesn't know how to play elite football. His footwork, balance & awareness are pathetic and that's in a phone booth.

While most will say, you can't call a guy a bust after 1 season, I just did & said it b4 the draft. Ifedi was going to be a turd with flies is currently true & it will be a miracle if he is an impact guard. He's a reason I think our OL will stink again in 2017. The right side is a sieve.

I know there were posters that wanted Ifedi. Probably from Hawk draft site to here. I will never know what anyone saw in Ifedi. I didn't see one great game tape with all snaps. Not one.
A lot remains to be seen. Not sure you can watch our first playoff game last year and not see a guy with talent who can be a bully in the run game. That's all I am going to say right now Smile

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 32 of 41

Jump to: