Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: former Bucs S McDougald signed to 1yr deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

TheChancellor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Eddie Lacy's deal in Seattle: 1 year, $5.55M with $3M fully guaranteed, per source.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/841683689427857408
I like this

This is great. Cheap, and he's still young. Really nice pickup.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChancellor wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Eddie Lacy's deal in Seattle: 1 year, $5.55M with $3M fully guaranteed, per source.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/841683689427857408
I like this

This is great. Cheap, and he's still young. Really nice pickup.

FEAST MODE!!!

Jokes aside, 1 year prove it deals are 100% the BEST for a runningback. Lacy will be EXTREMELY motivated this season to play at his highest level, and no doubt he has the talent to do so. Also doesn't have quite the battering that Peterson/Charles has.

Nothing but an A grade for this signing, ridiculous value for zero risk.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the most confusing signing we could have made from the RB group aside from Latavius Murray.

Apparently weighed in at 267lbs at one of his team meetings. Dude is hitting free agency for the first time hoping to get a lucrative deal and he doesn't even care enough to get in shape?

Pretty bummed we aren't bringing Charles in. That makes way more sense to me. I don't have high hopes for Lacy at all. Hoping to be proven wrong.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Probably the most confusing signing we could have made from the RB group aside from Latavius Murray.

Apparently weighed in at 267lbs at one of his team meetings. Dude is hitting free agency for the first time hoping to get a lucrative deal and he doesn't even care enough to get in shape?

Pretty bummed we aren't bringing Charles in. That makes way more sense to me. I don't have high hopes for Lacy at all. Hoping to be proven wrong.
Why does Charles make more sense? Charles hasn't been healthy for 2 years and you would have to assume has lost a good amount of his explosion. We need to get back to a power running team, Rawls is the only guy on our roster that is kind of that. Prosise is the weapon

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:

Why does Charles make more sense? Charles hasn't been healthy for 2 years and you would have to assume has lost a good amount of his explosion. We need to get back to a power running team, Rawls is the only guy on our roster that is kind of that. Prosise is the weapon

We have two injury prone backs on our roster in Rawls and Prosise. Charles was pretty much the only guy on the market that could feasibly replace either guys role were they to do down.

He may not be a banger on the inside, but Charles has exceptional vision and a league-leading YPC clip. We don't necessarily need a guy who can push the pile, we need a guy who can get yards as our early-down back. I feel better about Charles doing just that than Lacy.

Charles' injury was originally from 2015, so it makes sense that it wasn't fully healed coming into 2016 and he rushed to get back. I don't think that means his burst is zapped. I also don't think that makes him any more of a risk than a 270lb RB with a history of ankle problems.
brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Lang went to Detroit.....we may have to go full OL and DB in this draft. No other position comes close mattering.

I don't agree. We need a good strong draft all along the defense.

1. We just can't spend season after season playing Wright and Wagner close to 100% of the snaps. Just not sustainable

2. There's also no way a team can keep playing an elite defense overtime (which is the main goal for any Seahawks fan or FO) without constantly ever reloading pass rush. Specially given Clark is two seasons away from a contract extension, which is probably gonna be huge, it's going to be huge having young productive pass rushers in the point of attack on rookie contract when we (probably) are going to part ways with Avril/Bennett.

3. And finally, the needs in DB which the Seahawks are definitely gonna address through draft.

Factor in: we have already invested ton of draft capital in the last 3 seasons in OL, we have one of the youngest OL groups with, tons of untapped potential, that are likely to improve overtime. The single most likely group to improve naturally from 2016 to 2017 is clearly the OL. What OL in this draft class that the Seahawks can realistically draft that would exactly be an auto-starter in this OL? The only one overall, imo is Garrett Bolles, who is going to be top 10.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
imani wrote:
Lang went to Detroit.....we may have to go full OL and DB in this draft. No other position comes close mattering.

1. We just can't spend season after season playing Wright and Wagner close to 100% of the snaps. Just not sustainable

2. There's also no way a team can keep playing an elite defense overtime (which is the main goal for any Seahawks fan or FO) without constantly ever reloading pass rush. Specially given Clark is two seasons away from a contract extension, which is probably gonna be huge, it's going to be huge having young productive pass rushers in the point of attack on rookie contract when we (probably) are going to part ways with Avril/Bennett.

3. And finally, the needs in DB which the Seahawks are definitely gonna address through draft.

Factor in: we have already invested ton of draft capital in the last 3 seasons in OL, we have one of the youngest OL groups with, tons of untapped potential, that are likely to improve overtime. The single most likely group to improve naturally from 2016 to 2017 is clearly the OL. What OL in this draft class that the Seahawks can realistically draft that would exactly be an auto-starter in this OL?

I agree. As hard as it is to come to grips with this, I think the 5 starters on the OLine are currently on the roster. Glowinski and Britt are locked into LG and C respectively. I hope we keep Ifedi locked in at RG (though the intent on signing Lang brings that into question).

That should leave competition at the bookends, and I don't think there's a player in this draft that immediately upgrades us. I'm personally expecting Fant to be our starting LT and I'm holding out hope that Odhiambo is our starting RT. Joekel serves as a swing-tackle + disaster plan for Fant.
Sandman55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obese Mode!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
imani wrote:

Factor in: we have already invested ton of draft capital in the last 3 seasons in OL, we have one of the youngest OL groups with, tons of untapped potential, that are likely to improve overtime. The single most likely group to improve naturally from 2016 to 2017 is clearly the OL. What OL in this draft class that the Seahawks can realistically draft that would exactly be an auto-starter in this OL?

I agree. As hard as it is to come to grips with this, I think the 5 starters on the OLine are currently on the roster. Glowinski and Britt are locked into LG and C respectively. I hope we keep Ifedi locked in at RG (though the intent on signing Lang brings that into question).

That should leave competition at the bookends, and I don't think there's a player in this draft that immediately upgrades us. I'm personally expecting Fant to be our starting LT and I'm holding out hope that Odhiambo is our starting RT. Joekel serves as a swing-tackle + disaster plan for Fant.
I would say there is a much stronger chance Glow was going to get benched than Ifedi, and the chance was minute for Glow too I would think. Lang has some tackle experience and I believe it was expected we'd have him play there. If not, Ifedi would be at RT. I still think they'd like to move him to RT but I am not sure he ever will be. As shallow as we are at DB, I imagine the coaching staff has more faith in their ability to maximize average talent their than on the OL.

I agree with you in that at least 4 out of the 5 starters are currently on the roster. I hold out hope we draft a LT still, but this is a weak class.

I'm with imani, OL and DB are without question the most pressing needs. If talent falls, you add it at WR, pass rushing, or whatever else. But you don't need those right now. So if it is close to a toss up, they'll add at DB and OL

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
imani wrote:

I would say there is a much stronger chance Glow was going to get benched than Ifedi, and the chance was minute for Glow too I would think. Lang has some tackle experience and I believe it was expected we'd have him play there. If not, Ifedi would be at RT. I still think they'd like to move him to RT but I am not sure he ever will be. As shallow as we are at DB, I imagine the coaching staff has more faith in their ability to maximize average talent their than on the OL.

I agree with you in that at least 4 out of the 5 starters are currently on the roster. I hold out hope we draft a LT still, but this is a weak class.

I'm with imani, OL and DB are without question the most pressing needs. If talent falls, you add it at WR, pass rushing, or whatever else. But you don't need those right now. So if it is close to a toss up, they'll add at DB and OL

Question lingers on: how many OL players in this class would clearly be a shoe in starter? There's only one, imo. That's the thing about draft based on need: most of the time if the need doesn't meet quality, you'll not fill the need, and you'll get newer needs because you neglect depth concerns just because "it isn't [a pressing] need".

I think the position fit for Joeckel is much certainly related to the Seahawks plan on Ifedi. If they want to move him to RT, I think we'll see Glow, Joeckel and Odhiambo competing for G, with Joeckel probably starting LG and Glow probably starting RG. If they want to stick Ifedi to RG, Joeckel might play RT (I think Joeckel might be a little too slow for RT).

On the Lacy signing, one thing: YARDS AFTER CONTACT.
animaltested

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the plan for 2017 is to roll with three glass cannons at RB and hope all three are not broken at the same time.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
imani wrote:

Question lingers on: how many OL players in this class would clearly be a shoe in starter? There's only one, imo. That's the thing about draft based on need: most of the time if the need doesn't meet quality, you'll not fill the need, and you'll get newer needs because you neglect depth concerns just because "it isn't [a pressing] need".

I think the position fit for Joeckel is much certainly related to the Seahawks plan on Ifedi. If they want to move him to RT, I think we'll see Glow, Joeckel and Odhiambo competing for G, with Joeckel probably starting LG and Glow probably starting RG. If they want to stick Ifedi to RG, Joeckel might play RT (I think Joeckel might be a little too slow for RT).

On the Lacy signing, one thing: YARDS AFTER CONTACT.
I would be SHOCKED if at bare minimum we don't at least try Joeckel at OT first. He is a former #2 overall pick at LT. Clearly a bust, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has a skillset of a tackle. He'll be starting game 1 at RT or LT if he is healthy imo.

Unless Joeckel has a massive career resurgence, there are at least two tackles in this draft who I believe would immediately be the best LT on our team; Bolles and Ramczyk. BPA and position of need aren't mutually exclusive and BPA available is irrelevant for guys who aren't scheme fits. If Bolles is sitting there at 18-20 and we trade up for him, that is BPA and a position of need in my book. If we trade up to 5 for him than we're reaching. It all depends on how the draft falls

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
I guess the plan for 2017 is to roll with three glass cannons at RB and hope all three are not broken at the same time.
100%, though Lacy's injuries are over blown. He played 15 games, 16 games, and 15 games his first three years. Last year was the only time he missed a large chunk of time

#1 ET Supporter
TheChancellor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
animaltested wrote:
100%, though Lacy's injuries are over blown. He played 15 games, 16 games, and 15 games his first three years. Last year was the only time he missed a large chunk of time

True. He's still only 27 years old and doesn't have a chronic injury history. People are absolutely smashing him because he's not at the ideal weight YET (while recovering from basically the only bigger injury he's had) so I'm optimistic about him. And if it doesn't work out, nobody will be crying over those few millions we're obliged to pay him.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
imani wrote:

I guess I didn't make that very clear. I was insinuating that we would kick Ifedi out to RT, where I think he will seriously struggle. I think there's no doubt that was the plan if Lang signed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: