Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36 Reply with quote

'Hawks Offseason Talk - H.O.T. 7: Draft rumors and updates
Thread 7 (breaking records 8 month at a time)

Keep all generic offseason talk here, such as signings, free agent visits, and any news about current players

#1 ET Supporter

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 6 times in total
brseahawks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the poll:

Bold prediction: Gary Gilliam is goint to have a better season than 2015 Russell Okung.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we had interest in Easley coming out. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw our name at least tied to him.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
brseahawks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of character issues concerning the Easley cuts. Rehab discipline most of all.

Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016) third-round pick (2016), first-round pick (2017), third-round pick (2017).

If they don't get Russell Wilson there, there's reason for rejoice. They mortgaged their future there. This could be net negative from the haul they got for RGIII
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to choose 1 position, I'd say LG, but overall I'm just worried about the cohesion of the OLine.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britt will get better in year 2 at LG. Hawks have shown they're not about to usw a #1 on a guard after passing on DeCastro & & couple others in past years. I actually saw a Mock that had the taking Ryan Kelly @ #26....not! Doesnt' matter a bit what we think, anyway. Just hope JS/PC make the decision, not Cable. May be a gr8 coach, but he's not a gr8 judge of talent. That's why he's no longer HC at Oakland.
brseahawks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin wrote:
Britt will get better in year 2 at LG. Hawks have shown they're not about to usw a #1 on a guard after passing on DeCastro & & couple others in past years. I actually saw a Mock that had the taking Ryan Kelly @ #26....not! Doesnt' matter a bit what we think, anyway. Just hope JS/PC make the decision, not Cable. May be a gr8 coach, but he's not a gr8 judge of talent. That's why he's no longer HC at Oakland.

I've been beating that drum for a long time: this is not about who is or isn't playing LG. The position itself become recipient for huge matchups. LG vs Donald, Campbell, Short. We'll need A performance form whatever LG is playing. Britt can't just go into the season as an unchallenged starter.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
C-Hawkin wrote:

I've been beating that drum for a long time: this is not about who is or isn't playing LG. The position itself become recipient for huge matchups. LG vs Donald, Campbell, Short. We'll need A performance form whatever LG is playing. Britt can't just go into the season as an unchallenged starter.

literally no one on the oline should....which is scary. We don't have a single bonafide starter on our oline IMO

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
brseahawks wrote:
C-Hawkin wrote:

literally no one on the oline should....which is scary. We don't have a single bonafide starter on our oline IMO

Two OL in the first four picks and Zimmer as a late round OL convert.

I believe that's the way they're going.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason LaCanfora on twitter:

Quote:
Seahawks will re-sign Brandon Browner on Monday. Returning to the place where he established himself in the NFL

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/721763016304406529

I hope it's for the vet min just to give him a chance to prove he can still be an NFL caliber player.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is vet min, I am cool with it. Feel like he's going to get cut though

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low risk.

Reminds me of Antoine Winfield in 2013.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Low risk.

Reminds me of Antoine Winfield in 2013.

Except we actually had some pretty high hopes for Winfield.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.

Quote:
The Seahawks have officially moved second-year DE Frank Clark to LB.

Clark was listed as a 272-pound defensive end as a rookie last season. He's now 257 pounds on the Seahawks' official roster and designated as a linebacker. It appears as if he'll be first in line in trying to replace SLB Bruce Irvin, who left as a free agent to Oakland. Clark graded out positively in all three phases -- pass rush, run defense, coverage -- at Pro Football Focus in 2015.

I despise this move. I don't understand the logic in taking a player who proved he could play all 4 spots on the DLine, graded out positively in both run and pass defense there, and has the upside to only get better as an all-around force, and moving him to the least valuable position on the entire defense, pushing a square peg in a round hole, and ask him to learn an entirely new position in his 2nd year. Frank Clark is not Bruce Irvin. Irvin was a special breed.

Can someone please make sense of this for me?
brseahawks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Ugh.

Quote:
The Seahawks have officially moved second-year DE Frank Clark to LB.

Clark was listed as a 272-pound defensive end as a rookie last season. He's now 257 pounds on the Seahawks' official roster and designated as a linebacker. It appears as if he'll be first in line in trying to replace SLB Bruce Irvin, who left as a free agent to Oakland. Clark graded out positively in all three phases -- pass rush, run defense, coverage -- at Pro Football Focus in 2015.

I despise this move. I don't understand the logic in taking a player who proved he could play all 4 spots on the DLine, graded out positively in both run and pass defense there, and has the upside to only get better as an all-around force, and moving him to the least valuable position on the entire defense, pushing a square peg in a round hole, and ask him to learn an entirely new position in his 2nd year. Frank Clark is not Bruce Irvin. Irvin was a special breed.

Can someone please make sense of this for me?

I think the positional label is pointless. Clark is an exceptional athlete with non stop motor able to impact the game from anywhere.

BTW, I believe this is not some change of heart on how they valued him, I think that was the plan all the way. I think they drafted him thinking on how to use best his speed/explosion combination best. His 4.64/4.68 pro day 40y, 1.59 10y split, 4.05 20y shuttle, 7.08 3c, 11.22 60y shuttle are golden standards for NFL EDGE guys, and he's probably faster/quicker now after NFL training and shedding wheight.

The move is probably catalysed because of the depth of this draft in inside-outside guys. Did I mention Seahawks' been linked to Butler and Bullard? Laughing

Also he's not learning a new position. Coming out of HS his position was OLB/DE. He added over 60 pounds and transitioned to pure DE in the first two years of his college carreer.

Last edited by brseahawks on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: