You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KK's 2016 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: KK's 2016 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft Reply with quote

I told y'all it was coming soon! Well the wait is over, here it is...

First 5 Picks
1. LA - QB Jared Goff
2. CLE - CB/S Jalen Ramsey
3. SD - DE DeForset Buckner
4. DAL - QB Carson Wentz
5. JAX - OLB Joey Bosa

KK's 2016 Baltimore Ravens Mock

Round One (#6)
Laremy Tunsil - OL - Ole Miss

Reasoning: This is the Leonard Williams effect from last year. All year long, Williams was mocked as the #1 pick up until draft time. A slight fall because of how the board goes makes Tunsil that next victim. Ozzie and cast is in all smiles as they see their future at left tackle for the next decade.

Round Two (#36)
Su'a Cravens - LB/S - USC

Reasoning: This is a eyebrow raiser. From all reports I've been looking at, the Ravens love this guy. They are foaming at the mouth of knowing he's sitting there in the 2nd round, at the top of their board. Ozzie realizes that Cravens is a very diverse player and wants to utilize him on defense in a Deone Bucannon role. Cravens brings great tackling ability and could even play some ILB next to C.J. Mosley.

*TRADE*
Baltimore trades #70 (3rd Rd), #104 (4th Rd), and #182 (6th Rd), to Kansas City for #59 (2nd Rd) & #250 (7th Rd)
Reasoning: Ravens see a guy they really covet and jump ahead of New England who has two picks coming up, back to back.

Round Two (#59 via Kansas City)
Yannick Ngakoue - OLB - Maryland

Reasoning: Ozzie jumps ahead of New England who realized Ngakoue could've been the replacement to Chandler Jones. The Ravens made the move to get one of the most underrated pass rushers in this class. Ngakoue comes in and brings help to a position desperate for speed off the edge. He and Za'Darius Smith step up to help the aging Suggs and Dumervil to become a consistent bunch in the 2016 season.

Round Four (#130 f/DEN)
Rashard Higgins - WR - Colorado State

Reasoning: Rashard Higgins had tremendous production throughout his college career at Colorado State. One of my favorite prospects in the entire draft, Higgins is a very well-rounded player. He doesn't blast you with elite traits but he does everything very well and smooth. He comes in and learns from Smith Sr. and crew while settling in the #5 spot at WR. He'll earn more playing time next yr as guys go like Smith Sr. and possibly Wallace.

Round Four (#132 Compensatory)
Harlan Miller - CB - Southeastern Louisiana

Reasoning: Ravens hope to find a Ladarius Webb here. Just like Webb, Miller comes from a small school with a chip on his shoulder looking to make an impact. He has great size for a corner (6'0, 182).

Round Four (#134 Compensatory)
Scooby Wright III - ILB - Arizona

Reasoning: Wright was another productive player. He falls due to a terrible combine and lack of measurables. Sounds like a Ozzie guy though ala Courtney Upshaw. Wright makes a living his rookie year on special teams then works his way up to an eventual starter in year 2.

Round Six (#209)
Darius Jackson - RB - Eastern Michigan

Reasoning: I know Jackson is a fan favorite here. Luckily he lasted until the 6th round. The Ravens pounce on him and let him compete for a spot in this crowded rotation of backs. One thing Jackson has for him that the other backs don't have is size and power.

Round Seven (#250 via Kansas City)
Vernon Adams Jr. - QB - Oregon

Reasoning: Adams comes in as competition for Ryan Mallett in a preseason battle for the #2 job.
drd23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would mostly like it if the draft actually turned out like this.

A couple of minor issues I would have:
- I do wonder whether our coaches would actually be able to use a LB/S tweener like Cravens effectively as I'm not sure they have the creativity to implement a "Deone Bucannon role".

- I'm also not sure a trade up for Ngakoue is necessary (if the multitude of mock drafts I've seen are in any way accurate as he tends to go in the mid-3rd to mid 4th)
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by Cravens. If they made him the pick I'd be cool with it and would be extremely interested to see how he it utilized.

I love Yannick as a mid round possibility but I don't think he's a BPA at 59. If he's there for us in the late 3rd-early 4th then I'd love to pull the trigger. Don't know about him that high, even with my Maryland homerism.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Ngakoue at 59 might be a bit of a reach. Pass rushers can fly off the board and he has a good overall athletic profile while coming off of a productive season so I could see somebody talking him that high.

The only thing I don't like is Cravens. If he profiled even more as your traditional strong safety it would be different, but that's not the case. The "Deone Bucannon role" doesn't exist within Pees' defense. Baltimore doesn't have the coverage ability outside of Smith to warrant that kind of luxury nor does it really fit with what Dean's defensive "philosophy" needs to do to be effective. Cravens isn't taking any meaningful snaps at ILB either. He's not physical or strong enough to fight through interior lineman on the NFL level.

Cravens, Cash, and Killebrew are all pretty much the same player so if the Ravens actually did go with someone in that mold I'd prefer one of the latter two later on. And even then I don't think any of them would be really useful until Pees is gone AND the coverage from FS, CB2, and CB3 is significantly improved.

Everything else is pretty solid. Tunsil would obviously be great, but I really like the 4th and 6th round picks too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: