You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 16: Time to Un-suck the Chargers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I have a cracking idea (could also be read as "LBC is on crack, I suppose...)!

Since we're so accustom to never having a 4th round pick, how about we just make it a straight value pick there?

I'm almost positive Jonah Hill won't make it (and unless we want to go the entire 5th without a pick, I'll wager we can't trade up for him, but if he is POUND POUND POUND.

Aisha Tyler was already picked, D; 41st to Seattle. I just slacked on update that tab of the code sheet.

I don't know that it's necessarily great value, but it would be heading off other kiddos at where they'd probably take him - Steve-O could be a possibility. He's a tape vs time guy, but I see a lot of the same qualities in him as one of those guys now on ESPN that we used to hate playing against (pretty sure he went to the same school too). At the same position, and maybe a bit undersized but I think you can work around that, is Grace Park who would be tremendous value at 102. He won't be there, but if he was...

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
So... I have a cracking idea (could also be read as "LBC is on crack, I suppose...)!

Since we're so accustom to never having a 4th round pick, how about we just make it a straight value pick there?

I'm almost positive Jonah Hill won't make it (and unless we want to go the entire 5th without a pick, I'll wager we can't trade up for him, but if he is POUND POUND POUND.

Aisha Tyler was already picked, D; 41st to Seattle. I just slacked on update that tab of the code sheet.

I don't know that it's necessarily great value, but it would be heading off other kiddos at where they'd probably take him - Steve-O could be a possibility. He's a tape vs time guy, but I see a lot of the same qualities in him as one of those guys now on ESPN that we used to hate playing against (pretty sure he went to the same school too). At the same position, and maybe a bit undersized but I think you can work around that, is Grace Park who would be tremendous value at 102. He won't be there, but if he was...

I added a no code name guy to the sheet (too lazy to go through and pick out a celeb that isn't already assigned), at the same position as the guys in the last paragraph from your post that I'm banging the table for...dude is a STUD, and is going to be a player in the NFL for a while, even if its just in a backup capacity for a few years. I think he can end up as good as a lot of the guys on the board. I'm taking him late whether yall like it or not.

My preference would be Jonah Hill, but as I mentioned before I'm also very high on Adam Driver, and would take him in the 4th. Not really in love with Aidan Turner like you are LBC, wouldn't get close to Driver's level IMO. Katie McGrath is a guy I'm VERY interested in if he last to our pick.

Everyone but Harley Quinn Smith is on the board at his position, so I'd consider (code Named Someone, for the sake of my laziness) the guy who you forgot to put on there or Catherine Chan, both of whom could be solid contributors right away in a certain capacity.

On an somewhat off note, since you mentioned him, I kind of want to take Donald Glover, have him lose weight, and play a different position than he would right now for us. I think he's a freak athlete that can be a great player at a different position. Someone from his in state rival school is doing the same thing for another west coast team that I think he should be doing, but Glover is bigger than him. The way he moves for a guy that big is rare.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another depth guy i'm interested in, that kind of reminds me of a smaller, but similarly lanky version of a guy on Seattle right now, is Ed Helms. I could see him having a lot of success if we move to a scheme like Seattle's.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Another depth guy i'm interested in, that kind of reminds me of a smaller, but similarly lanky version of a guy on Seattle right now, is Ed Helms. I could see him having a lot of success if we move to a scheme like Seattle's.

You think so? From what I can tell his instincts are straight poo.

MathMan wrote:
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jonah Hill and Katie McGrath. Steve-O might not be bad either.

If we could trade up to pick Jonah Hill then that would be a very TT type move.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders just snagged Hargrave at 75, so much for that.

How about Bailee Madison? Definitely a position that needs bodies. He is pretty quick for his size.

On the lines of Steve-O, there is Donald Faison who wouldn't be bad. He didn't have a great season last year but the previous years were pretty good.

Caitlin Stasey might be worth a look, has good speed for the position.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, what do you think of Alice Eve with our 4th?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, what do you think of Alice Eve with our 4th?

It isn't a terrible move. I think who we have to mentor him could actually do him a world of difference with what seems to be people's biggest complaints. That said... we'd basically be creating a situation akin to what a division rival just got out of where you're looking at trying to base whether to give a massive contract to a guy who will have at-best one year to prove he's worth it before it's due.

But see if we're doing that, I'd damn near go the swing for the fences route and take Cobie Smulders or Elisha Cuthbert (yeah, I know our organizations history with that particular incident, but you can get him a full round later than Alice Eve I'd wager and he's got as much upside).

Don't know if he'll match up with one of our picks well as far as the value goes, but someone like Haley Bennett in the 5th is a sneaky "future need" given age and contracts, plus it's a shade on the insurance side. He's the sort of player that has typically found a lot of success in the systems we run.

Bailee Madison has some potential. If we wait a little later, I think someone like Emma Kenney can learn a lot from our vet starter.

Kinda doubt he makes it to our next pick, but I'd take Brooklyn Beckham there in a heartbeat. Just a good natural fit.

MathMan wrote:
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D, were you looking at Adam Driver to play inside-out or outside in, because I feel like the former is his eventual better fit even if he needs more seasoning there first.

MathMan wrote:
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
D, were you looking at Adam Driver to play inside-out or outside in, because I feel like the former is his eventual better fit even if he needs more seasoning there first.

Definitely inside now into the future, espeically if we shift towards the scheme we've discussed before. Perfect protege for the role that the guy we have now used to play.

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Definitely inside now into the future, espeically if we shift towards the scheme we've discussed before. Perfect protege for the role that the guy we have now used to play.

Yeah. I need to see more sand in his shorts, but I think he can get there. He looks like it should be there with the build he's already got, which makes me think it's a technique issue. I need to watch more of him in that regard since I'm usually watching for the traits specific to the other facet of the position most of the time I've been watching him.

MathMan wrote:
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Brooklyn Beckham gone I'm leaning towards Bailee Madison if they are there.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
With Brooklyn Beckham gone I'm leaning towards Bailee Madison if they are there.

I just have the fear that he's the same guy at his position that has routinely come out of that program for the past 15 years. Think I might sooner swing for the fences and go with the higher ceiling in Aramis Knight... but then pretty sure he just went and got himself arrested recently.

MathMan wrote:
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Zappaz wrote:

I just have the fear that he's the same guy at his position that has routinely come out of that program for the past 15 years. Think I might sooner swing for the fences and go with the higher ceiling in Aramis Knight... but then pretty sure he just went and got himself arrested recently.

Yup, assault and evading police sounds pretty damn bad to me....i'm gonna go ahead and steer clear of that disaster.

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... we needs a pick as we are OTC.

Katie McGrath
Bailee Madison
Catherine Chan
Alice Eve is still there...
Billy Crystal

MathMan wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: