You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His calf injury in 2014 is a good preview of what to expect from non-mobile Rodgers. Won't make the wow plays with his legs, but still lethal accuracy all over the field from the pocket. Think of it like a boxer. Having strength or quick feet are an asset, but the biggest asset is accuracy. If you can't hit the guy moving in front of you, it doesn't matter how quick or strong you are. Luckily, Aaron's biggest strength is his accuracy. His game should age fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
His calf injury in 2014 is a good preview of what to expect from non-mobile Rodgers. Won't make the wow plays with his legs, but still lethal accuracy all over the field from the pocket. Think of it like a boxer. Having strength or quick feet are an asset, but the biggest asset is accuracy. If you can't hit the guy moving in front of you, it doesn't matter how quick or strong you are. Luckily, Aaron's biggest strength is his accuracy. His game should age fine.

His legs won't suddenly die. Young was still athletic as hell when he retired prematurely due to concussions. Rodgers will be, too. As athletic? No. But enough to still dance around in the pocket and extend a play? Yes. Will he rely on it like he does now, probably not, but my guess is he adjusts slowly. His mind will start to take over more the way Brady's does now. And then we just need to hope his patience re: hitting the open man, rather than finding the big play, kicks in.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

His legs won't suddenly die. Young was still athletic as hell when he retired prematurely due to concussions. Rodgers will be, too. As athletic? No. But enough to still dance around in the pocket and extend a play? Yes. Will he rely on it like he does now, probably not, but my guess is he adjusts slowly. His mind will start to take over more the way Brady's does now. And then we just need to hope his patience re: hitting the open man, rather than finding the big play, kicks in.

Nicely said. That's what I can see happening, too. I think Rodgers could simply be deadly as a pocket QB, ala Brady.
But, I think that Rodgers footspeed will always be better than Tom's, so he will never be the sitting duck back there that Brady is.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch but evidently our fabulous QB was voted the best NFL player at the ESPY's last night. His throw to Cook in the playoffs against Dallas also won. Jordy won the comeback athlete award.

http://www.etonline.com/news/221390_espy_awards_2017_the_complete_winners_list/
packfanfb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I didn't watch but evidently our fabulous QB was voted the best NFL player at the ESPY's last night. His throw to Cook in the playoffs against Dallas also won. Jordy won the comeback athlete award.

Well deserved, Rodgers is the best player in the NFL, period. Should have 2-3 rings to show for it too.

Speaking of which, anyone see what Jennings said about MM? Anyone disagree? Personally, I'd say our problems since 2011 have been less MM and more defense (starting with Dom and personnel 2nd), but I can't disagree overall with Jennings' comments about MM being too conservative with leads. I mean, we see it at times every single year.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Well deserved, Rodgers is the best player in the NFL, period. Should have 2-3 rings to show for it too.

Speaking of which, anyone see what Jennings said about MM? Anyone disagree? Personally, I'd say our problems since 2011 have been less MM and more defense (starting with Dom and personnel 2nd), but I can't disagree overall with Jennings' comments about MM being too conservative with leads. I mean, we see it at times every single year.

I have no issue with what Jennings said. I think he spoke the truth.

I also think that Mac has evolved since Greg's time in GB.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
Pugger wrote:

No issue at all. Greg has shown that he is a bit of an idiot since he left, but I agree with what he said. There's a reason we don't hold big leads.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Organizations are in trouble when they allow football fans to vote for stuff---Packer fans press the "return" button like a lab monkey in a crack addiction study whenever they get a chance to outkeyboard other fans in interweb showdowns.

Remember Campbell's Chunky Soups' "Clicks for Cans"? We used to win that in annual laughers until Campbell's gave it up. They were just backing up semi trucks of soup to Green Bay food pantries every year.

That said...all three were pretty deserving.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:

Remember Campbell's Chunky Soups' "Clicks for Cans"?

I still "Click for Cans", but it takes me to a non-Campbell's website... Cool

http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Kate-Upton-St.-Joseph-MI-667x1001.jpg
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally the only thing keeping Rodgers form Mount Rushmore is championships. Say he averages 4000 yards, 32 TDs and 8 INT for the rest of his career (Which is conservative), he will finish in the top 5-10 in all the important categories, leading in QB Rating, TD-INT ratio, INT %, Yards per attempt and modern passing TD%.

Little knows facts: Rodgers has placed 1st or 2nd for fantasy Football QB EVERY SINGLE YEAR except 2 (When he was 7th and 21st). He's also tied for most career 70 yard TD passes.

We need to be Super Bowl or bust over the next 2-3 years.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
Literally the only thing keeping Rodgers form Mount Rushmore is championships. Say he averages 4000 yards, 32 TDs and 8 INT for the rest of his career (Which is conservative), he will finish in the top 5-10 in all the important categories, leading in QB Rating, TD-INT ratio, INT %, Yards per attempt and modern passing TD%.

Little knows facts: Rodgers has placed 1st or 2nd for fantasy Football QB EVERY SINGLE YEAR except 2 (When he was 7th and 21st). He's also tied for most career 70 yard TD passes.

I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't say "bust".

I would like to see more offseasons like the one we just had, though. Get a starting corner, insurance guard, starting tight end, starting H-back/backup TE. Point being...if you need a starter or two, sign them as veteran. Need some quality depth, get a veteran or two. Let them compete with draft picks and UDFAs.

I like not relying solely on draft and development. It is okay to plug some holes with veterans.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:

Remember Campbell's Chunky Soups' "Clicks for Cans"?

I still "Click for Cans", but it takes me to a non-Campbell's website... Cool

http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Kate-Upton-St.-Joseph-MI-667x1001.jpg

So I'm sitting here at work reading this....the mouse hovers over the link and I see the words "cans" and "Kate Upton" together. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Click.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't say "bust".

I would like to see more offseasons like the one we just had, though. Get a starting corner, insurance guard, starting tight end, starting H-back/backup TE. Point being...if you need a starter or two, sign them as veteran. Need some quality depth, get a veteran or two. Let them compete with draft picks and UDFAs.

I like not relying solely on draft and development. It is okay to plug some holes with veterans.

I too am glad Ted brought in some veterans this offseason. I think the additions of Bennett, Kendricks, Evans, House and Jean Francois were smart moves and will improve our team big time this season along with the draft picks and other youngsters we signed.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiled as we are, i dont want to end up like the Saints and Drew Brees.

I also don't want to never see the Super Bowl again with the greatest quarterback to ever play in his prime.

Obviously theres alot of risk/reward in the NFL. I like the moves we made as well. More aggressive than average.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:

Speaking of which, anyone see what Jennings said about MM? Anyone disagree? I can't disagree overall with Jennings' comments about MM being too conservative with leads. I mean, we see it at times every single year.

As soon as Jennings got out from under the shackles of McCarthy's conservative offense - with- a- lead, his career really took off.
I think that speaks volumes about the veracity of his recent assertions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: