You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers needs 3 TDs to become the 11th player to throw 300 TDs. The other 10 averaged 171 INTs before their 300th TD.

Rodgers has 72.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Aaron Rodgers needs 3 TDs to become the 11th player to throw 300 TDs. The other 10 averaged 171 INTs before their 300th TD.

Rodgers has 72.

So, you're saying Rodgers will throw 100 INTs this season?

Laughing

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

BlondeonBlonde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Rodgers has 72.

Rodgers could surpass Roethlisberger and Rivers this year for 7th all-time in Passing TDs...Personally, I'd love to see him pass Favre..But that seems unlikely at this point.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

211 touchdowns to go.

Say he plays 7 more seasons (to 40).

He would near about 30 per season.

At his current rate, I'd be shocked if he didn't eventually supplant Favre.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
211 touchdowns to go.

He's definitely going to break Favre's Green Bay touchdown record. Doubt he'll pass Favre's career touchdowns, but he'll pass Favre's Green Bay touchdowns record for sure. Rodgers needs only 146 to break Favre's Green Bay record.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
211 touchdowns to go.

He's definitely going to break Favre's Green Bay touchdown record. Doubt he'll pass Favre's career touchdowns, but he'll pass Favre's Green Bay touchdowns record for sure. Rodgers needs only 146 to break Favre's Green Bay record.

The way that the rules protect quarterbacks now, I would think that Rodgers will get that record away from Favre. And that shouldn't tarnish at all what Favre did in his era. Both guys are/were pretty amazing.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see Aaron breaking that record. Not at all. Let's be realistic about it. He needs 212 touchdowns to break Favre's record. Aaron's been our starter for 9 years now. He's averaged 33 touchdown passes a season. He needs 6.42 seasons if nothing goes wrong and he doesn't have a down year. Even rounding that to 6 seasons, Aaron's not going to be physically capable of things he is now four years from now. His game will decline worse than somebody like Manning or Brady, who literally rely almost exclusively on taking advantage of an opposing defense.

Does anybody honestly see Aaron being the type of QB who is going to suddenly start gimmicking his way down the field? Dumpoff passes, bubble screens, quick screens to receivers...

There's a reason why Cobb doesn't have more receptions than he does. He'd murder in New England. There's a reason why a converted receiver to running back had 22 receptions over half a year.

If Aaron didn't decline physically over the next 6 years, yeah, he'd even challenge Manning's record if he had two more years close to 2011 levels.

But what people here don't consider is that Aaron has been Aaron because he's still young enough to be Aaron. It's going to be very interesting to see what he plays like three years from now. There's a chance that him being forced into something closer to a pocket passer could actually make him better, but it's not likely.
HUDSONandGRUDEN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I think Aaron's game plays to his skill set. He plays like he does now because he can, if either of Brady or Manning had Rodger's arm and leg talent they would have certainly utilized it similar to Rodgers.

I actually have a theory that he might be more prolific once he is forced to settle down and play within Mac's system because of his declining abilities. Less spectacular plays, but its not like he doesn't pass up timing routes routinely to get huge chunks on scramble drill plays. He'll be a different QB, but he will still be the best in the NFL at that point.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't think Brady or Manning would be able to do what Aaron does even if they WERE physically capable of it.

Everything Manning and Brady did throughout their entire careers was system-oriented. How many times have you seen Brady or Manning improvise, even when they were capable of it? Never. Broken plays, they both flopped. Instant pressure, flop or throw the ball away. It would take Brady's entire career to make a season's worth of extended plays. Same thing for Manning. Aaron makes a season of improvisation every season.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I honestly don't think Brady or Manning would be able to do what Aaron does even if they WERE physically capable of it.

Everything Manning and Brady did throughout their entire careers was system-oriented. How many times have you seen Brady or Manning improvise, even when they were capable of it? Never. Broken plays, they both flopped. Instant pressure, flop or throw the ball away. It would take Brady's entire career to make a season's worth of extended plays. Same thing for Manning. Aaron makes a season of improvisation every season.
Just because they didn't extend plays with their legs doesn't mean they aren't improvising. We all know Rodgers is the best the NFL has seen at extending plays and keeping his eyes downfield. Of course Brady and Peyton aren't capable of that

But Brady has his fair share of nice escapes

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I just don't see Aaron breaking that record. Not at all. Let's be realistic about it. He needs 212 touchdowns to break Favre's record. Aaron's been our starter for 9 years now. He's averaged 33 touchdown passes a season. He needs 6.42 seasons if nothing goes wrong and he doesn't have a down year. Even rounding that to 6 seasons, Aaron's not going to be physically capable of things he is now four years from now. His game will decline worse than somebody like Manning or Brady, who literally rely almost exclusively on taking advantage of an opposing defense.

Does anybody honestly see Aaron being the type of QB who is going to suddenly start gimmicking his way down the field? Dumpoff passes, bubble screens, quick screens to receivers...

There's a reason why Cobb doesn't have more receptions than he does. He'd murder in New England. There's a reason why a converted receiver to running back had 22 receptions over half a year.

If Aaron didn't decline physically over the next 6 years, yeah, he'd even challenge Manning's record if he had two more years close to 2011 levels.

But what people here don't consider is that Aaron has been Aaron because he's still young enough to be Aaron. It's going to be very interesting to see what he plays like three years from now. There's a chance that him being forced into something closer to a pocket passer could actually make him better, but it's not likely.

I meant the GB record.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
HUDSONandGRUDEN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That is certainly a hypothetical, and I can find ways to both disagree and agree with that.

However, I would still say that Rodgers will be the best "system-oriented" QB in the league when he has to be. It might actually make him better statistically as well, just might be a generally more efficient way to run an NFL style offense.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEYp0AmWAAAYcc5.jpg

Couldn't get the pic to post, so you'll have to click on the link to see the pass Rodgers threaded to Rodgers vs the Cowboys
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its probable he breaks the team record, and **possible** he breaks the all time record. If he plays 6-7 more years and averages 33ish TDs, the record will be in jeopardy.
jontat83

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Aaron will have to adapt his game to his diminishing physical ability as he gets older. For one I think he will have to become more of a pocket passer later in his career. Good thing is he can play that way, and his legs will go before his arm does.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: