Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AR is playing with golf pro Jerry Kelly from Madison this weekend at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. They are tied for 20th place. I don't know if they will show him on the course on CBS later today or not.

http://www.pgatour.com/competition/2017/at-t-pebble-beach-pro-am/amateur-leaderboard.html

Edit: Rodgers and Kelly did not make the cut.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really astonishing how people in the NFL Gen forum are saying Rodgers needs to win another SB to be considered in the same tier as the all time greats.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Really astonishing how people in the NFL Gen forum are saying Rodgers needs to win another SB to be considered in the same tier as the all time greats.

I understand the motivation, but don't agree with it. If you're grading based on career accomplishments, he's got a way to go. If you're grading by play on the field, he's already there. The Patriots-Seahawks superbowl is a great example of why I think counting rings is a silly way to judge.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

Your problem is reading NFL Gen to begin with.

Cesspool of embraced ignorance. I will say, it is fun to see them swarm to any Packers-related news like starved vultures.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
jontat83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's done his job for years, it's time we reduced some of the burden on him and build a team around him to try and win more championships. We ask way too much of him at times.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
It's astonishing? It's actually right about what I'd thought it would be. All the sheep follow the national media in the thought that the only wo things that matter are bulk stats and rings. Peyton Manning will forever be a 2 time SB champion when his accomplishments are spewed out but anyone that would sit there and give him any credit for that 2nd ring is a moron. Just a fact of how things are perceived by the general fan.

El ramster on the custom sig!
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
It's astonishing? It's actually right about what I'd thought it would be. All the sheep follow the national media in the thought that the only wo things that matter are bulk stats and rings. Peyton Manning will forever be a 2 time SB champion when his accomplishments are spewed out but anyone that would sit there and give him any credit for that 2nd ring is a moron. Just a fact of how things are perceived by the general fan.

He was far from stellar in his first Superbowl run as well.
His passer rating in his first Superbowl run was 72.4.

He's without question one of the best quarterbacks of all time but it could be argued that his two rings were won despite his play not because of it. And yet, like stated when GOAT talk comes along people will certainly mention the two time Superbowl champion as a plus.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rodgers ends with 1 ring it will say a lot more about Ted than it will about Aaron. Aaron plays the QB position better than anyone ever has.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wins
Comebacks
Super Bowl Rings

The 3 most idiotic arguments about QB's. Where are WR wins? Is Calvin Johnson trash?

Somebody should have at James Jones and Brett Swain>>>>>>>> Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson thread. Why? Because rings, duh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady has 5 Super Bowls derp a derp.

Rodgers has greatest TD:INT ratio by a full TD for every interception in NFL history.

YOU CAN'T COUNT BRADY'S FIRST FEW YEARS BECAUSE THAT'S NOT FAIR AND WHEN YOU ONLY INCLUDE BRADY'S LAST 9 YEARS IT'S VERY CLOSE BUT I'M GOING TO NEGLECT THE FACT THAT IF I TAKE OUT BRADY'S FIRST FEW YEARS I HAVE TO TAKE AWAY THREE SUPER BOWL WINS!

I hate NFL Gen so damn much.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady deserves the credit for Malcolm Butler's interception, guys.

QB talent is overrated, guys.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

And others over on the General forum blame playoff loses in OT on our QB even when Rodgers never even sees the ball... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers says: GB fans should be excited

"We probably need a couple more pieces on defense before the season starts, but weíre going to be really tough to stop on offense. (Coach) Mike (McCarthy) has a great system thatís ever evolving and changing, and I put my stamp on it once we get it down on paper Ö Itís exciting, man. Green Bay Packers fans should be excited."
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

And others over on the General forum blame playoff loses in OT on our QB even when Rodgers never even sees the ball... Rolling Eyes

NFL is the ultimate team sport, Brady cannot block and catch the ball as well, but hey finding stupidity on the internet is about the easiest thing to do in the world.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Rodgers says: GB fans should be excited

"We probably need a couple more pieces on defense before the season starts, but weíre going to be really tough to stop on offense. (Coach) Mike (McCarthy) has a great system thatís ever evolving and changing, and I put my stamp on it once we get it down on paper Ö Itís exciting, man. Green Bay Packers fans should be excited."

Am I once again the only one who has a problem with this?

It once again seems like subtle shots at management and the players we currently have on defense all at once.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 30 of 35

Jump to: