Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CalhounLambeau 2017 Draft Thread - 1/23 RUSH Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 102, 103, 104  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Bucky Hodges eval posted.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I5I1V-xfhYCKrYOE-oQWGh0kzWZrlb_UtMhXpAB01hA/edit?usp=sharing

For you, Mike.

How would you compare him to Kelvin Benjamin if they were in the same draft class?

Here are my rankings.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JmbWjy_JM1NyHxtEwPDQh6xocDi8ycESECCXCYbIW9U/edit#gid=1019766905

Benjamin is currently higher. We'll see how the next few months play out. I would expect Hodges to run fast and jump higher than Benjamin. I've really warmed up to Hodges. I can't wait to see how he tests. I don't think a 4.55, 38-inch vertical is out of the question.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Bucky Hodges eval posted.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I5I1V-xfhYCKrYOE-oQWGh0kzWZrlb_UtMhXpAB01hA/edit?usp=sharing

For you, Mike.

You're the man. Thank you.

Great report. I think he'll run in the 4.6s for the 40, but might get a higher vertical. Either way, early 2nd seems right. Do you see Jordan reed in him? TE on early slot on 3rd?

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
You're the man. Thank you. Great report. I think he'll run in the 4.6s for the 40, but might get a higher vertical. Either way, early 2nd seems right. Do you see Jordan reed in him? TE on early slot on 3rd?

No problem. I haven't found a comparison I like him for him. He looks 6'5" and some change. I like to get my comparisons within an inch. Jordan Reed? I don't know. I think you can do anything with Hodges. Outside. Inside. I want to see his 3-cone. I can't wait to have his numbers and see who he lines up with.

Really though, I can't remember seeing a guy get mauled as much as Hodges and the dude doesn't seem to mind. A little CB could hit him like a punching bag in the chest during a catch. Hodges would act like nothing happened. It's so weird. Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you know about Adam Shaheen? I can't find any games of him out there yet. But the highlight video on youtube (looked very athletic), his production (1600+ yards and 26 TDs over the past two years), and his size (listed at 6'6" 277) are all very intriguing.

I get that it's D-II ball, but he was still running away from DBs at 6'6" 275+. I really want to find some games of him to see more because there might be a lot of potential there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
What do you know about Adam Shaheen?

His name. One of those guys I'm waiting on. Smile
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
What do you know about Adam Shaheen? I can't find any games of him out there yet. But the highlight video on youtube (looked very athletic), his production (1600+ yards and 26 TDs over the past two years), and his size (listed at 6'6" 277) are all very intriguing.

I get that it's D-II ball, but he was still running away from DBs at 6'6" 275+. I really want to find some games of him to see more because there might be a lot of potential there.

He is a stud. I have every AU game the last 4+ years. I am not about to just post anything without asking though. Coaches are very careful who they let have video/film. I am trusted with games as I have been a fan a long time and know them well but cannot watch the games myself with my high school responsibilities. I have asked about sharing and even cutting out everything but Shaheen if need be. When I hear back I will let you all know whether I can or cannot put it on here.

He has very good hands in contested situations and when he has to adjust to a poorly thrown ball. He uses his body very well to shield defenders. Probably comes from his basketball background. Massive man for a TE who actually tipped the scales over 280 back in the summer. Has the straight line speed to be a huge mismatch down the seems. Safeties and slot corners will not be able to content with his size an physicality while most linebackers will not be able to run with him. Does not have great change of direction skills to make defenders miss. More of a straight line Mark Bavaro type after the catch TE. His highlight video is nice; however, it leaves off one of his absolute best qualities. He is a road grader in the run game. Very rarley used in pass protection but I believe he would be very good there too.

I have periodically brought his name up numerous times all season hoping he would catch on. I am going to drive everyone nuts talking him up. He is hands down the best football player I have ever seen in Division 2.

Jamison on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

He is a stud. I have every AU game the last 4+ years. I am not about to just post anything without asking though. Coaches are very careful who they let have video/film. I am trusted with games as I have been a fan a long time and know them well but cannot watch the games myself with my high school responsibilities. I have asked about sharing and even cutting out everything but Shaheen if need be. When I hear back I will let you all know whether I can or cannot put it on here.

He has very good hands in contested situations and when he has to adjust to a poorly thrown ball. He uses his body very well to shield defenders. Probably comes from his basketball background. Massive man for a TE who actually tipped the scales over 280 back in the summer. Has the straight line speed to be a huge mismatch down the seems. Safeties and slot corners will not be able to content with his size an physicality while most linebackers will not be able to run with him. Does not have great change of direction skills to make defenders miss. More of a straight line Mark Bavaro type after the catch TE. His highlight video is nice; however, it leaves off one of his absolute best qualities. He is a road grader in the run game. Very rarley used in pass protection but I believe he would be very good there too.

I have periodically brought his name up numerous times all season hoping he would catch on. I am going to drive everyone nuts talking him up. He is hands down the best football player I have ever seen in Division 2.

Good to hear. I am definitely interested in seeing more of him when it pops up (whether it's from you or somebody else). He sounds kind of like Martellus Bennett. Ain't too many guys around at that size with straight-line speed, hands, and physicality.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is ONE thing about Bucky that doesn't "change" things for me, just makes me think a bit more. Listen to the dude talk. He sounds like a guy thats been puffing on the magic dragon for a while. Doesn't seem too intelligent. Athletic, yes, no doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
There is ONE thing about Bucky that doesn't "change" things for me, just makes me think a bit more. Listen to the dude talk. He sounds like a guy thats been puffing on the magic dragon for a while. Doesn't seem too intelligent. Athletic, yes, no doubt.

I've watched all his interviews. They're pretty awkward and strange. I joked about them on Twitter earlier this week. But the coaching staff claims he's smart. Never had academic or a drug suspension. Just the one underage drinking situation. I was tempted to judge him too. I just think of him as being different. We'll see if something comes of it during the process.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:

I've watched all his interviews. They're pretty awkward and strange. I joked about them on Twitter earlier this week. But the coaching staff claims he's smart. Never had academic or a drug suspension. Just the one underage drinking situation. I was tempted to judge him too. I just think of him as being different. We'll see if something comes of it during the process.

could be an anxiety thing too. he doesn't seem like a guy who likes the attention.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
You're the man. Thank you. Great report. I think he'll run in the 4.6s for the 40, but might get a higher vertical. Either way, early 2nd seems right. Do you see Jordan reed in him? TE on early slot on 3rd?

No problem. I haven't found a comparison I like him for him. He looks 6'5" and some change. I like to get my comparisons within an inch. Jordan Reed? I don't know. I think you can do anything with Hodges. Outside. Inside. I want to see his 3-cone. I can't wait to have his numbers and see who he lines up with.

Really though, I can't remember seeing a guy get mauled as much as Hodges and the dude doesn't seem to mind. A little CB could hit him like a punching bag in the chest during a catch. Hodges would act like nothing happened. It's so weird. Laughing

Matt Miller mention Kelvin Benjamin. Someone else (I forgot, might have been on here) said Funchess.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Shaheen broken down too. He's like a slow Gronk. I think he could go in the 2nd round if he's able to run sub 4.8, but I have a feeling he won't.
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Mr. Taco Charlton eval up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GF0X82ITc0_YFZFWdzOSYCkRtcrqSQe_lq82eI_gDvY/edit?usp=sharing

Great stuff. I think Charlton could eventually develop into a Michael Bennett type who can really be a problem for offenses because he can be moved all along the line. Like Bennett who isn't super explosive, he's just quick and powerful and knows how to play the position.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Bucky & Taco'

Sounds like a Western or something. Laughing
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucario wrote:
'Bucky & Taco'

Sounds like a Western or something. Laughing

Temuchin & Vidauntae work better?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 95 of 104

Jump to: