You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nates Mock Draft 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If all three are available when the Bucs are on the clock who do you pick?
Buckner
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Hargreaves
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Rankins
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

nathan004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Nates Mock Draft 1.0 Reply with quote

Bucs Big Board for #9 overall

1) Ramsey
2) Bosa
3) Tunsil
4) Stanley
5) Buckner
6) Hargreaves
7) Lawson
8] Rankins
9) Spence/Ogbah

Whether you like them or not, one of the guys is going to be there at #9 and one of them is going to be the pick. We are not picking Dodd, Alexander or Apple at #9. We just aren't.

We also are not trading up or down for the following reason. The only players worth trading up to get are Bosa and Ramsey. Possibly only Ramsey. Unless SD passes on Ramsey, which is give about .02% of happening then we have no chance of either Bosa or Ramsey falling to 9 and the cost of trading up to #2 would be too costly. The only scenario I see of a trade up without giving up the farm is sending #9, #74 and Mike Glennon to Cleveland. I just can't see it coming to fruition. I do, however, foresee a week of or draft day trade with us and another team for Mike Glennon.

We are not going to be able to trade down because with the QB moves in Free Agency there is no team behind us that will need to trade up for a QB anymore and I don't see a player at another position worth the move either. Rams will be able to draft Lynch without moving a muscle. We are standing pat at 9.

Moving on to the draft. I believe it when Licht says he will go with the BPA approach. It's the right thing to do in this draft in particular and to be honest, I think it's going to come down to making that choice regardless.

First let's predict the first 8 picks so we can see what BPA will probably look like.

#1 Tennessee - Laremy Tunsil
#2 Cleveland - Carson Wentz
#3 San Diego - Jalen Ramsey
#4 Dallas - Joey Bosa
#5 Jacksonville - Myles Jack
#6 Baltimore - Ronnie Stanley
#7 San Francisco - Jared Goff
#8 Philadelphia Eagles - Ezekiel Elliott

This leaves Buckner, Hargreaves and Rankins as the most likely picks IMO. Which way do we go?

Clock is ticking...

with the #9 overall pick the Bucs draft Deforest Buckner DT Oregon

He's not my top choice but his ceiling is the higher than Rankins for DL, but is on par with Hargreaves. We decide to go DL first and pair McCoy with a versatile DL who I think will adjust quickly to where ever he is asked to play in a transitioning scheme. He can play DE and DT but is more fit for the interior, which I believe is more important. QB's hate the interior rush more than the Edge. It's not what you don't see on the Edge, it's what you DO see rushing right in to your face that creates panic. After passing on Hargreaves at #9 we can grab one of the following in the next round for certain. Apple, Alexander, jackson II or Fuller. One of those guys will be there.

Notable picks drafted between Rounds 1-2
Hargreaves
Dodd
Spence
Rankins
Lawson
Reed
Lee
Floyd
Treadwell
Robinson
Conklin
Decker
Ogbah
Billings
WJ3
Doctson

**TRADE**
Dallas trades their #34 pick to Tampa Bay for Mike Glennon and their 2015 5th
Explanation: Dallas is keeping Tony Romo at the helm this season. It's just going to happen. That doesn't negate the fact that they know he's basically made of glass at this point and that this team can not carry a subpar QB to the playoffs. Glennon has won big games with a crap team behind him and is a veteran who is much better than who is available at QB at this point. With Wentz, Goff and Lynch to Den Mike Glennon is the Cowboys best option. They gain a valuable player and a 5th this year. Tampa gets to continue with building their young defense.

With the #34 pick the Bucs draft Eli Apple CB Ohio State

Apple scheduled for a visit to OBP already and we want to get this secondary some more help. Even with the addition of Grimes, the hopeful return of Verner to Pro Bowl form with his old Tenn coach Maxie in the fold and Banks not in the new regimes doghouse the Bucs secondary is without question it's 1B need in this draft. Apple is one of the drafts top prospects at the position. I honestly believe either him or Alexander will be here at this pick. Either one of these guys should be the pick here.

With the #39 pick the Bucs draft Karl Joseph SS West Virginia

Keith Tandy was resigned and showed promise late last season. But so did Bradley Mcdougall before the end of the 2014 season. Joseph might be the best SS prospect in this draft and it's a position we need to sure up before September. With already adding pressure up front with Ayers and Buckner, we spend back to back picks and upgrading the secondary.

Notable picks between Rounds 2-3
Coleman WR
Fuller WR
Fuller CB
Bullard DE
Nkemdiche DT
Neal SS
Calhoun DE
Thomas WR
Butler DT
Ngakoue DE
Boyd WR
Martin OC
Jones OLB
Cravens LB/S
Nassib DE
Clark DT
Miller WR
Thompson S

With the #74 pick the Bucs draft Sterling Shephard WR Oklahoma

Kenny Bell could come back and hold this position outright but Sterling is just a better overall player. He would give more options for Winston to grow with as Vjax is in his last years and Evans is a liability at times. Sterling would be our new 3rd and Ike.

Notable picks between 3-4
Cash S
Washington DT
Fackrell OLB
Day DT
Killebrew S
Burns CB
Howard CB
Brothers LB
Redmond CB
Boyd WR
Wright III LB
Kearse S

With the #108 pick the Bucs draft Charles Tapper DE Oklahoma

Wait until round 4 for DE help? Yes and here's why. I am still a believer in Jack Smith. He's a 7 sack guy on our defensive line the past two years. That alone is impressive if nothing else. It may not be popular opinion but I don't think there is a DE in this draft that really separates himself from Smith other than Bosa. At least not enough to Day 1-2 pick on. All that being said. Tapper was a combine story blowing up the stats in the 40 by recording the fastest time amongst DE's. Wasn't near the tops in Bench, had a decent cone time and lead the position in the vertical. It appears he's got athletic ability in him on top of his 7 sack season in Oklahoma last year. Value pick here in the 3rd and a nod to McCoy by adding Sooner alumni.

5th rounder traded to Dallas. Good Luck and best wishes to Mike Glennon. You deserve to start somewhere.

Notable picks between 4-6
Jaylon Smith!!! LB
Higgins WR
Oakman DE
Hargrave DT
Cooper WR
Ochi LB
Murphy OT
Drango OG
Byard S
Mills S
Hall CB

With the #183 pick the Bucs selects Glenn Gronkowski FB Kansas State

Javorskie Lane is probably going to be released with an injury settlement after that hit. It was bad. FB is also still a position that is utilized in Koetters offense. That and why not get a Gronk?

With the #197 pick the Bucs draft Cody Kessler QB USC

After bidding farewell to Mike Glennon the Bucs choose to draft one late in Kessler. There was a brief moment in time where Kessler was in top prospect discussion. That faded but he did show at one point to be a capable QB. He will just need to watch and prepare behind Jameis and learn from Bajakian who did wonders for James' first year.

* indicates a position switch
Bold indicates 2016 Rookie

Depth Chart Offense
QB - Winston, Kessler
RB - Martin, Sims
FB- Gronkowski
WR - Evans, Shephard, Humphries
TE - Sefarian-Jenkins, Brate, Stocker
LT - Smith, Pamphile*
LG - Sweezy
OC - Hawley
RG - Marpet
RT - Dotson, Cherilus
WR - Jackson, Bell

Depth Chart Defense
LE - Ayers, Gholston
UT - McCoy, Spence*
DT - Buckner, McDonald
RE - Smith, Jones, Tapper
SLB - Smith
MLB - Alexander
WLB - David
CB - Grimes, Verner (Nickel)
FS - Conte, McDougald
SS - Tandy, Joseph
CB - Banks, Apple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckner wouldn't play NT in our scheme. He's a 5 technique or a strongside DE. With that said I really like this draft. I would probably swap Tapper out for a true NT like Hassan Ridgeway or Javon Hargrave (although I don't know that he'll fall to the 4th), but otherwise it's a well rounded draft.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to comment on the big board. Hargreaves seems to be a fan favorite. Everything that I read from pewter report who seems to have quality inside sources say the bucs do like Hargreaves but they don't like him at 9 bc he's not considered an elite number 1 corner and value isn't there. I believe there is a reason rankins is mocked to Tampa.

That being said I'd be for Buckner. He's not a full time 4-3 DT. He'll be a strong side DE who can kick inside in 3rd down. I wouldn't hate the pick if he fell to us.

Round 2 - I will say I love the Karl Joseph pick. He's absolutely going to be a stud. In the box SS. Can range as a FS. Cover TEs in the slot. He may be the next weddle.

Apple? I think he's not going to be there in round 2. And I think our scoutin department likes our current corners. The Lovie cover 2 was a turn style so I won't see is taking a corner this early. I think we load up on the DL. With you having us take Buckner I'd go ridgeway from Texas or Henry from Michigan here.

Love sterling Shepard. Good pick in round 3. I think gronkowski is just the name but I can see it happening. Tapper in round 4 is an undervalued move. I like it.

Instead of Kessler, I'd prefer Kevin hogan as a back up.

Overall I like it. A-
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm going to comment on the big board. Hargreaves seems to be a fan favorite. Everything that I read from pewter report who seems to have quality inside sources say the bucs do like Hargreaves but they don't like him at 9 bc he's not considered an elite number 1 corner and value isn't there. I believe there is a reason rankins is mocked to Tampa.

That being said I'd be for Buckner. He's not a full time 4-3 DT. He'll be a strong side DE who can kick inside in 3rd down. I wouldn't hate the pick if he fell to us.
Bro, we are picking at #9 - realistically speaking if your picking at the bottom of the top 10 you aren't going to find any "elite" prospects. Laughing

With that said, I'd be pissed if we took Buckner. I just don't think he will be a good fit for our defense inside or at strong side DE. That draft looks great minus the first pick. I'd take a shot with Spence over Buckner if we're choosing a DL over VGIII.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full disclosure, and I don't want this to be viewed as back-pedaling, but this was my second go around. I had one near completion but then my computer froze and I lost it all when I restarted. The first one was completely different.

The reason why I changed it up was because I wanted to make sure our DL was set first before I addressed the secondary. The first time around I put my top preference based on the flow of the first 8 picks which was VH3.

Here is how it went

1) VH3 CB Florida
2a) Billings DT Baylor
2b) Bullard DE Florida
3) Shephard WR Oklahoma
4) Murphy OT Stanford
5) gone
6a) Gronk FB Kansas State
6b) Kessler QB USC

Nothing wrong with that. Actually looking back I'd prefer it. Crap. Maybe on my 2.0. However, when I had to start over I wanted to see how going DL first would have panned out and I didn't want to start over for the third time so Ikept it as is. Still not a bad draft IMO. Buckner isn't my favorite pick but if you look at what the potential scheme Mike Smith will be introducing he does seem like the best fit. He can play 5 Tech and DT. Basically do what Bowers was asked to do only better and without injury history.

Apple was the first choice for 2A as he is a known target for the Bucs. I agree he could be taken before this pick but I would be happy with either WJ3 or Mackenzie here. I do believe one of them will be available.

As far as the pick goes, I am starting to think that Denver might be a more likely option. Talks have cooled on the Kap to Denver trade and With the top 2 QB's gone I could see them having to make the move if LAR go with Lynch at 14. If the Rams pass on Lynch then I could see us trading with them in the 2nd for Glennon as they have two 2nd rounders.

I might have a 2.0 version come sooner rather than alter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Bro, we are picking at #9 - realistically speaking if your picking at the bottom of the top 10 you aren't going to find any "elite" prospects. Laughing

With that said, I'd be pissed if we took Buckner. I just don't think he will be a good fit for our defense inside or at strong side DE. That draft looks great minus the first pick. I'd take a shot with Spence over Buckner if we're choosing a DL over VGIII.

I am still a fan of Spence being the pick. I just don't know if Licht and staff are. I also contemplated him being available in the 2nd. It's possible but didn't want to make too many reaches. My only issue here is not addressing the LB position in any round. It's pretty thin but just saw more value elsewhere in each round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
Full disclosure, and I don't want this to be viewed as back-pedaling, but this was my second go around. I had one near completion but then my computer froze and I lost it all when I restarted. The first one was completely different.

The reason why I changed it up was because I wanted to make sure our DL was set first before I addressed the secondary. The first time around I put my top preference based on the flow of the first 8 picks which was VH3.

Here is how it went

1) VH3 CB Florida
2a) Billings DT Baylor
2b) Bullard DE Florida
3) Shephard WR Oklahoma
4) Murphy OT Stanford
5) gone
6a) Gronk FB Kansas State
6b) Kessler QB USC

Nothing wrong with that. Actually looking back I'd prefer it. Crap. Maybe on my 2.0. However, when I had to start over I wanted to see how going DL first would have panned out and I didn't want to start over for the third time so Ikept it as is. Still not a bad draft IMO. Buckner isn't my favorite pick but if you look at what the potential scheme Mike Smith will be introducing he does seem like the best fit. He can play 5 Tech and DT. Basically do what Bowers was asked to do only better and without injury history.

Apple was the first choice for 2A as he is a known target for the Bucs. I agree he could be taken before this pick but I would be happy with either WJ3 or Mackenzie here. I do believe one of them will be available.

As far as the pick goes, I am starting to think that Denver might be a more likely option. Talks have cooled on the Kap to Denver trade and With the top 2 QB's gone I could see them having to make the move if LAR go with Lynch at 14. If the Rams pass on Lynch then I could see us trading with them in the 2nd for Glennon as they have two 2nd rounders.

I might have a 2.0 version come sooner rather than alter.
Ah okay, gotcha. Here's some food for thought in regards drafting a DL in the top 10. You never draft a DL especially DT in the top 10 unless he is a game-changer. I honestly wouldn't even be surprised one bit if Bosa fell to us at pick 9. And if that's the case you say BPA/value and don't even think twice to take him. I'm saying this not to be a draft hopeful but just seeing how the NFL sees it. If the DT doesn't have any dominant upside to him he will not get touched within a ten foot pool in the top 10. Bosa was very good but he didn't exactly test well and doesn't scream elite DE prospect. A very good DE prospect(who isn't elite) is just as equal to a dominant DT in the top 10, IMO. He is good but compared to recent pass rushing prospects in the top 5 he doesn't check all the blocks so I can see a fall from him. I can see Buckner being dominant but its hard to say how good he can be next to McCoy. Somebody has to be able to man the doubles and asking him to do that IMO is asking for trouble. I like Rankins better for the scheme but he is a reach at pick 9. In fact its a worse reach pick than the Browns did last year when they drafted Shelton at 12. So honestly if we take Buckner I'd just hope we find away to use his quickness somehow. Probably be helpful in pass rush situations but against the run I have my concerns of how he'd hold up.

I think Bullard will be a good NFL player. He should go in the first round with how good he played but he won't because he is a "tweener". Reminds me of Lamar Houston a ton. I think this guy could be a monster in a 4-3 or 34; his tape is much better than a lot of first round DL going in these mocks. Billings is a nice pick-up in the second. He will hold up better at NT than Buckner for sure.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Bro that doesn't mean we reach for a subpar CB Laughing
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Subpar CB prospects don't get consistently mocked within the top 10. Those "sup par" CB prospects are mocked outside the first round. Trolling on a Sunday I see.

Meanwhile this Rankins prospect is not even an option for teams within the first 10 picks, except of course the lovely Buccaneers. Laughing Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember this is all media driven mocks. As Jeremiah said, no team is releasing its intentions.

That being said Hargreaves was abused last year. Coming into the Nfc south, he will get abused by guys of Julio jones and Travis Benjamin. Hargreaves has always struggled against more physical wrs which makes me think he's more of a number 2 guy with potential upside.

Rankins is powerful. I will find the article where it has OL grade pass rushers they faced and they said Rankins was not pleasant to guard in the least bit. His production went down bc of the edge rushers weren't very good around him. I think the senior bowl not one nfl OL prospect could block him.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Just remember this is all media driven mocks. As Jeremiah said, no team is releasing its intentions.

That being said Hargreaves was abused last year. Coming into the Nfc south, he will get abused by guys of Julio jones and Travis Benjamin. Hargreaves has always struggled against more physical wrs which makes me think he's more of a number 2 guy with potential upside.

Rankins is powerful. I will find the article where it has OL grade pass rushers they faced and they said Rankins was not pleasant to guard in the least bit. His production went down bc of the edge rushers weren't very good around him. I think the senior bowl not one nfl OL prospect could block him.

Julio Jones abuses everyone, he is a freak and an elite WR. I don't think there are corners in the league realistically that can check him on an island. Pat Pete could hold his own but again, JJ still gets the best. So saying VGIII won't be able to stick him isn't really saying much about his ability. Now you say Travis Benjamin and I immediately know you only seen 1 year of tape on this guy. Because you wouldn't have said that had you seen him vs LSU and he held Landry and Beckham in check when he was asked to guard them.

If you meant Kelvin Benjamin then yeah, I can say he got the best of that match-up when they faced off. But, when you're drafting in the NFL you never just look at the last year or 1 year to judge a prospect. I said that a million times with Winston last year. You have to consider his entire body of work too. I remember when people said Gilmore had a "down year" his last year which is true but he has turned out to be the best CB in that draft class. Why? Because he had the tools that translate into the NFL. He was fluid and didn't need to rely on "physicality" to cover people. You draft a CB for his physicality and you're asking for Morris Claiborne all over again. You want somebody who can run stride for stride with the best of them, tackle, and make plays on the ball. Also, for mocks to be so "media driven" they have been so accurate with the first 8 or so picks, no? Just like Winston was "media driven" as the #1 pick since Feb. last year
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Julio Jones abuses everyone, he is a freak and an elite WR. I don't think there are corners in the league realistically that can check him on an island. Pat Pete could hold his own but again, JJ still gets the best. So saying VGIII won't be able to stick him isn't really saying much about his ability. Now you say Travis Benjamin and I immediately know you only seen 1 year of tape on this guy. Because you wouldn't have said that had you seen him vs LSU and he held Landry and Beckham in check when he was asked to guard them.

If you meant Kelvin Benjamin then yeah, I can say he got the best of that match-up when they faced off. But, when you're drafting in the NFL you never just look at the last year or 1 year to judge a prospect. I said that a million times with Winston last year. You have to consider his entire body of work too. I remember when people said Gilmore had a "down year" his last year which is true but he has turned out to be the best CB in that draft class. Why? Because he had the tools that translate into the NFL. He was fluid and didn't need to rely on "physicality" to cover people. You draft a CB for his physicality and you're asking for Morris Claiborne all over again. You want somebody who can run stride for stride with the best of them, tackle, and make plays on the ball. Also, for mocks to be so "media driven" they have been so accurate with the first 8 or so picks, no? Just like Winston was "media driven" as the #1 pick since Feb. last year

I remember the reports on Claiborne coming out were that he was a better pure cover corner than PAtrick Peterson with good ball skills and potential shut down ability.

And yes I did mean Kelvin Benjamin. But Hargreaves hasn't performed well against any of the more physical wrs in college. How does that translate to being able to lock down any #1 wr?
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

haha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I remember the reports on Claiborne coming out were that he was a better pure cover corner than PAtrick Peterson with good ball skills and potential shut down ability.

And yes I did mean Kelvin Benjamin. But Hargreaves hasn't performed well against any of the more physical wrs in college. How does that translate to being able to lock down any #1 wr?

Back to Rankins for a second. While he is praised for his quickness for his size, on film he sure didn't display it. A lot of his stuff came from power, shedding blocks, and effort. He is a powerful NT and is a guy you take in the teens instead of 9. If we reach, it better be for a DE that can pass rush. And I understand the lack of DE talent on the team so he was lined up there. GMC lined up at DE too for OU for the same reasons.

Never bought into the MoClay hype. Was a Richardson fan that year and didn't think he was all that good of a coverage CB. He was physical, grabby type CB and didn't rely much on technique. I could see Claiborne be a walking PI a mile away the way he tried to exploit his "physicality" on WR's. VGIII gave up receptions to Cooper and Benjamin but these weren't easy ones. He was on the hip on damn never every play. I've seen enough of him to realize that he can be a #1 in the NFL. The experience he has, starting as true freshman, guarding many top WR prospects over the years will prepare him for the next step. He has played a lot of zone and man coverage too so we're getting a guy who is scheme versatile. Where as Claiborne was lost in zone coverage most of the time. Not to mention Florida produces quality defensive backs I'm convinced he'll figure it out with NFL coaching.
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol we get it. You dont like Hargreaves. You dont have to say it every second you get.

garbage

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: