You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze Newz: Volumez Threez, Pleeze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even remember what the intro song has been. I'm kind of glad that this will be back.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19539601/hank-williams-jr-iconic-song-returning-monday-night-football

Just don't get rid of Carrie Underwood on Sunday nights.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter to me since I haven't watched the MNF broadcast outside of a Vikings' game in probably 5 years...but, I'm not sure the conglomeration of Hank, Jason Derulo and FGL is going to be all that smooth of a transition, considering how different they are stylistically.

But, I guess that Hank doesn't have anything else going for him, so why not?

Thx to Lil Uno!
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
It doesn't really matter to me since I haven't watched the MNF broadcast outside of a Vikings' game in probably 5 years...but, I'm not sure the conglomeration of Hank, Jason Derulo and FGL is going to be all that smooth of a transition, considering how different they are stylistically.

But, I guess that Hank doesn't have anything else going for him, so why not?

Didn't know they would be involved. Guess we'll see what happens.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo players Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy have been actively recruiting Maclin according to some reports

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813070/article/tyrod-taylor-joins-recruitment-of-wr-jeremy-maclin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Buffalo players Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy have been actively recruiting Maclin according to some reports

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813070/article/tyrod-taylor-joins-recruitment-of-wr-jeremy-maclin

They can have him. According to the Chiefs' fans I know, Maclin only really ever had his speed going for him...and he's now lost a lot of his speed due to numerous injuries...so, he's marginal at best at this point. Overpaid, under-delivers, and always seems to be on the training table. Not a good mix to have.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the Vikings started signing their draft picks to contracts this year, there was word that the delay in getting that ball rolling was due to concerns from the NFL Players Association about language the Vikings wanted in the deals. Those concerns exist outside of Minnesota as well. NFLPA spokesman George Atallah said that the league has found language they believe violates the Collective Bargaining Agreement in about 160 rookie contracts from 25 or 26 of the league’s teams.

Some of the language that the union objects to involves clauses requiring players to take more than the two prescribed offseason physicals, clauses that allow teams to directly withdraw money owed for fines or other reasons and language requiring impending free agents to “secure permission from their current clubs” before speaking to other teams in the “legal tampering” period before the start of a new league year.

The NFLPA has informed the league of their concerns, which could lead them to file a grievance that would void the deals and force the sides to start over again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/nflpa-believes-language-in-some-rookie-deals-violates-cba/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Before the Vikings started signing their draft picks to contracts this year, there was word that the delay in getting that ball rolling was due to concerns from the NFL Players Association about language the Vikings wanted in the deals. Those concerns exist outside of Minnesota as well. NFLPA spokesman George Atallah said that the league has found language they believe violates the Collective Bargaining Agreement in about 160 rookie contracts from 25 or 26 of the league’s teams.

Some of the language that the union objects to involves clauses requiring players to take more than the two prescribed offseason physicals, clauses that allow teams to directly withdraw money owed for fines or other reasons and language requiring impending free agents to “secure permission from their current clubs” before speaking to other teams in the “legal tampering” period before the start of a new league year.

The NFLPA has informed the league of their concerns, which could lead them to file a grievance that would void the deals and force the sides to start over again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/nflpa-believes-language-in-some-rookie-deals-violates-cba/

This is almost certainly wrong. The contracts likely contain "severance clauses" which basically say that if any provision of the contract is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of the contract continues as though the offending provision had never been in the contract.

The material terms of the agreement (years, money, offset language) are highly unlikely to be altered.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The court may agree with you, but they can certainly attempt to void the deals if those clauses are deemed to be material to the contract as a whole (which I agree that they are probably not).

Thx to Lil Uno!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The court may agree with you, but they can certainly attempt to void the deals if those clauses are deemed to be material to the contract as a whole (which I agree that they are probably not).

If anything, it would be the Vikings seeking to void the contracts, as those provisions are beneficial to them. If the NFLPA tried to void the contracts as a whole, I don't think they'd get far.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL line judge Sarah Thomas was back on the Vikings’ sideline Tuesday officiating the team’s first day of minicamp and feeling a whole let better than the last time she had the team in her sights. Thomas suffered a broken wrist Dec. 24 when Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph collided with her on Minnesota’s sideline during a Week 16 game at Lambeau Field. She landed hard and her head snapped back near the turf after Rudolph’s helmet collided with her midsection when Green Bay safety Morgan Burnett tackled him in the second half of the Packers’ 38-25 victory.

Thomas, the NFL’s first female official, immediately was examined by Vikings athletic trainer Eric Sugarman on the team bench and left the game to enter the league concussion protocol. She returned after being cleared and finished working the game with a broken left wrist that later required surgery. During Tuesday’s workouts, several Vikings players, coaches and staff greeted Thomas warmly as she showed off her scar.

Thomas: “These two bones were broken,” she said after the practice session at Winter Park, pointing to a 3-inch vertical scar near the base of her thumb. “The plates and the screws went in all right. I’m good to go.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/13/vikings-get-to-see-nfl-line-judge-sarah-thomas-battle-scars/

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wide receiver Eric Decker’s release from the Jets hit the NFL’s transaction wire on Tuesday, leaving him free to start taking visits and talking contracts with other teams.

In a move...confirmed by multiple NFL reporters, Decker is visiting with the Titans on Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/eric-decker-visiting-titans-wednesday/

Makes perfect sense. I wouldn't expect him to leave without a deal. His addition would further move them up the ladder of AFC contenders.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Makes perfect sense. I wouldn't expect him to leave without a deal.

Eric Decker left the Titans’ facility without a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/eric-decker-leaves-titans-without-contract/

disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Makes perfect sense. I wouldn't expect him to leave without a deal.

Eric Decker left the Titans’ facility without a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/eric-decker-leaves-titans-without-contract/

So much for that idea. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported earlier Wednesday that Carr and the Raiders are close to a deal that will pay the quarterback $25 million per year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/derek-carr-on-new-deal-nothing-done-yet/

Envisioning Teddy in a different kind of anguish, non-physical.

I know this is probably a forward-looking contract, but if I'm looking to sign the first $25M QB, Derek Carr is not the one I'd give it to. He's been decent, but he isn't worth that kind of cash to me at this point. He's not even a top-10 QB in almost all statistical categories.

Thx to Lil Uno!
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported earlier Wednesday that Carr and the Raiders are close to a deal that will pay the quarterback $25 million per year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/derek-carr-on-new-deal-nothing-done-yet/

Envisioning Teddy in a different kind of anguish, non-physical.

I know this is probably a forward-looking contract, but if I'm looking to sign the first $25M QB, Derek Carr is not the one I'd give it to. He's been decent, but he isn't worth that kind of cash to me at this point. He's not even a top-10 QB in almost all statistical categories.

I don't know, Carr hasn't looked like a superstar, but he has looked good, and improving for that matter. 25 mill is stupid money, but with the ever increasing importance of the QB position and skyrocketing contracts at that position, it wouldn't be surprising to see this as a good deal several years down the line. When Glennon makes the money that he does, it makes sense that someone with above average talent and upside like Carr could pull that sort of dough.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 51 of 54

Jump to: