Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze Newz: Volumez Threez, Pleeze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How absurd that their solution is to truncate overtime in the name of player safety rather than just eliminate TNF. Why is nfl hell bent on ruining a great product with their incessant stupidity?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
How absurd that their solution is to truncate overtime in the name of player safety rather than just eliminate TNF. Why is nfl hell bent on ruining a great product with their incessant stupidity?

It's all about the money, even with ratings lower than they hope they still make a killing out of it, more than what they get out of a single game on a Sunday afternoon.

The demand for football is just too high.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable

Last edited by gopherwrestler on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:

$$$$$

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:

It's all about the money, even with ratings lower than they hope they still make a killing out of it, more than what they get out of a single game on a Sunday afternoon.

The demand for football is just too high.

I get the money angle, but it's to short sighted on their part. Sure they're cashing out now, but they are watering down the product and if there aren't careful the well is going to go dry. Based on the nosedive in ratings last year, it may have already adjusted

Course they don't care cause they're still walking away billionaires. what difference does it make to them that their bottom line might be hurting in 10 years when it's so fat right now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They know they are the only game in town. It doesn't matter if their numbers start to dip a bit 10 years down the road, they will still be making more than enough money.

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
what difference does it make to them that their bottom line might be hurting in 10 years when it's so fat right now.

I just don't ever see Thursday Night Football ruining the NFL. Also many of these owners may very well be seeing they're way out in 10-15 years, cash in!

But really, 1 mid week game in a week won't ruin it. Yes the game never is that good, but people will still keep watching it. If you have cable, and your team is playing at prime time most of us will tune in if they are not busy. And now you are also gaining other fan that just like to watch football watch it.

If they were trying to put games on every day of the week I can see it hurting, but one game isn't hurting much.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:
what difference does it make to them that their bottom line might be hurting in 10 years when it's so fat right now.

I just don't ever see Thursday Night Football ruining the NFL. Also many of these owners may very well be seeing they're way out in 10-15 years, cash in!

But really, 1 mid week game in a week won't ruin it. Yes the game never is that good, but people will still keep watching it. If you have cable, and your team is playing at prime time most of us will tune in if they are not busy. And now you are also gaining other fan that just like to watch football watch it.

If they were trying to put games on every day of the week I can see it hurting, but one game isn't hurting much.

It's not just TNF that is bothering me, but I digress, cause I'm starting to sound like a cranky old man.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:

It's not just TNF that is bothering me, but I digress, cause I'm starting to sound like a cranky old man.

I think the NFL is on the cusp of reaching the level of oversaturation. To many players, to many teams, to many games, to many injuries, to high ticket prices, games are to slow, and game is dependent on personalities than the overall quality of football.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals are the only NFL team Rey Maualuga has known, but that is about to change. Cincinnati announced Saturday it has parted with its long-time linebacker. Maualuga, a second-round pick in 2009 out of USC, has spent his entire eight-year career with the club.

There were clues, however, there wouldn’t be a ninth. The Bengals added former Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter a week ago. Maualuga, 30, is coming off a season in which he started a career-low six of 14 games played. In all, he started 104 of 114 games for Cincinnati, racking up 580 tackles, four sacks, seven interceptions and six forced fumbles.

Maualuga also was entering the final season of a three-year contract. It featured a $3.15 million base salary and $300,000 workout bonus due in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/25/bengals-release-lb-rey-maualuga/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is a link to Zimmer, but I hope MN shows no interest in Mauluga. Kendricks is on the verge of becoming a serious all pro candidate at MLB. Why move him for a slow, one dimensional player who hasn't even been that good in the run game? Doesn't help the team in anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I know there is a link to Zimmer, but I hope MN shows no interest in Mauluga. Kendricks is on the verge of becoming a serious all pro candidate at MLB. Why move him for a slow, one dimensional player who hasn't even been that good in the run game? Doesn't help the team in anyway.

I doubt we'll be interested.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

At some point in time, fans need to realize Zimmer won't have interest in former Bengals simply because he knew them a few years back. I don't recall all the former Bengals visiting Winter Park who had ties to Zimmer, but I presume only those who could possibly help the Vikings were invited.

You, rpmwr19, and a few others have outlined a prototypical CB (and Spielman for WRs?) per Zimmers' preference of height, weight, speed. I don't think LBs were analyzed for such traits, but, a slow defender is not likely to meet Zimmer's criteria.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Arif Hasan actually did do an analysis of Zimmer linebacker preferences in terms of their measureables. I'll try to find it.

Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I think Arif Hasan actually did do an analysis of Zimmer linebacker preferences in terms of their measureables. I'll try to find it.

OK, if you've got time to burn, and your 'brackets' are busted (like 99% of bracket - players) and you're trying to find a distraction from that frustration... Laughing

If you publish it, maybe it'll discourage wild speculation every time a Bengal is waived / not re-signed. Very Happy

Probably no position in 'Zimmer's World' permits slowness...
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots owner Robert Kraft told reporters today that he talked to Tom Brady a few days ago, and Brady told him he plans to play six or seven more years.

It’s almost impossible to imagine that actually happening. George Blanda was only a kicker by the end of his career, and no quarterback has played past age 44. The oldest player to pass for more than 1,000 yards in a season was Warren Moon, who did it age 42.

Kraft also said he hopes his 64-year-old head coach, Bill Belichick, coaches into his 80s. So the Brady-Belichick combination will last for many more years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/robert-kraft-tom-brady-plans-to-play-six-or-seven-more-years/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 47 of 52

Jump to: