Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze Newz: Volumez Threez, Pleeze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Roster freeze is over, so we could start seeing veterans released over the next week or so.

{conversation starter}
Name two of your favorite vets who might be released, for Spielman to invite to Winter Park.

Name two Vikings vets to release.
{/conversation starter}

Fusco ( already informed of his impending release if I'm not mistaken)

AP
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordinarily, you’d expect the worst teams to have a lot of salary cap space and the best teams to have very little salary cap space because the best teams have a lot of good players to pay. Heading into 2017, there’s one exception to that: The Super Bowl champion Patriots.

While nine of the 10 teams with the most cap space available in 2017 were teams that missed the playoffs, the 10th is the Patriots. Via Spotrac, the Patriots head into 2017 with $63 million in cap space, which is the sixth-most in the NFL. Only the Browns, 49ers, Buccaneers, Titans and Jaguars have more cap space than the Patriots.

That’s a testament to the way Bill Belichick has run the team since taking over in 2000: Belichick is always very careful not to overpay for players, and he doesn’t hesitate to let high-priced veteran players walk and replace them with inexpensive younger players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/08/patriots-in-great-salary-cap-shape-heading-into-2017/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also a testament to Brady. How much money has he left on the table in contract negotiations?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
It's also a testament to Brady. How much money has he left on the table in contract negotiations?

He's compensated in other ways by the Patriots (use of high priced office space adjacent to Gillette for cheap, for example), but, and I forget the exact time frame this dates back to, he hasn't been a top ten paid QB (in terms of APY) for quite some time.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Purplexing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

He's compensated in other ways by the Patriots (use of high priced office space adjacent to Gillette for cheap, for example), but, and I forget the exact time frame this dates back to, he hasn't been a top ten paid QB (in terms of APY) for quite some time.

Wilf, Spielman, and Zimmer need to encourage single players to marry a super model so they too can accept a lower salary, for the good of the team. Smile

Aside from that, Brady has commercial endorsements and such alternative income, both now and after he retires. He doesn't need a few million more dollars in any one season that would put him in the top 3 of QBs.
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am truly hoping for the Cutler/Marshall bromance reunion in NY next season, its like a true love story.

Could be a movie someday.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the surface, the salary cap seems to be an objective, unambiguous formula. In reality, the specific team-by-team spending limit is finalized via back-and-forth negotiations between the NFL and the NFL Players Association. For 2017, the final number will be announced soon, since each team must be in compliance with it by March 9. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the cap currently is expected to be in the range of $166 million to $169 million.

Last year, the cap was $155.27 million. In 2015, the cap was $143.28 million. The year before, $133 million. In 2013, it was $123 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/25/2017-salary-cap-currently-pegged-at-166-169-million/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isn't a formula?

so we'll never know when the cap might begin to fall at some point? are there any expectations (or blind guesses) as to what will happen in the coming years?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
there isn't a formula?

so we'll never know when the cap might begin to fall at some point? are there any expectations (or blind guesses) as to what will happen in the coming years?

It won't fall. Every year as teams overpay for player, and every year the NFL makes positive revenues. That will continue to happen until the popularity of the sport falls on it's face.

I don't expect that to happen in my lifetime unless something VERY big was to happen.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
there isn't a formula?

It won't fall. Every year as teams overpay for player, and every year the NFL makes positive revenues. That will continue to happen until the popularity of the sport falls on it's face.

I don't expect that to happen in my lifetime unless something VERY big was to happen.

I don't know if I completely agree with you. I think the NFL has oversaturated the TV market, and there was declining viewership. The demographic that advertisers tend to look at (18 to 35 year olds) has seen miniscule growth, and even declines, over the last decade. Add to this that the pace of the game has slowed down, players coming out of college programs being unprepared, the rise in ticket prices in most communities, and the overhead cost of billion dollar, tax-payer supported, football venues, I think the NFL is on the path to becoming less popular.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL is just starting to make it's ways overseas. I don't think it will ever decline in total viewership by a big margin over a year. I could possibly see it leveling out for a short time.

If ticket prices are rising, the company believes they can still sell out. Usually raising ticket prices are because the demand is high.

You rarely ever see businesses this size, and amount of money that rolls through it, collapse on itself.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
NFL is just starting to make it's ways overseas. I don't think it will ever decline in total viewership by a big margin over a year. I could possibly see it leveling out for a short time.

If ticket prices are rising, the company believes they can still sell out. Usually raising ticket prices are because the demand is high.

You rarely ever see businesses this size, and amount of money that rolls through it, collapse on itself.

I doubt that it will ever collapse. I'm just saying that it will not continue to grow in popularity anywhere near the same rate as it did in the 70's, 80's, 90's and early 2000's. I think it will level off and begin a gentle decline in popularity. It won't be the dramatic dive of NASCAR; however, demand for more football will inevitably reach it's peak soon, if it hasn't already. Also, color me skeptical that the NFL can be supported in international markets. Soccer is just too huge and too much of the culture in most of the world.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious what people think will happen with Alshon Jeffery? He is a very talented receiver who looked to just be breaking into his prime when the injury bug hit. Had this been a year previous, I think he could have seen a major contract headed his way, but now I'm not so sure. I definitely think he will get paid, but by whom is the real question?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philadelphia makes too much sense for Jeffery.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Philadelphia makes too much sense for Jeffery.

Why is that? I don't know enough about their offensive scheme to know how he'd fit. Don't they run a WCO since Pederson is the coach? To me, he wouldn't be a good fit in that type of offense.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 45 of 50

Jump to: