Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Donovan Darius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Donovan Darius Reply with quote

Darius is offically on the trading blocks. I think the Niners should make a play for him. The Jags are asking for a 1st round pick or 2nd round with another pick. I think if the Niners offered their 2nd round pick only they can get him because it is at the top of the round. I think Darius would be a solid pick up and he can team up with Parrish and make one hell of an "outfield." They can get a proven player instead of a rookie. His contract next year is 4.97 million. I think the Niners have enough in the cap espcially if they cut Scott Gragg. What do all of you guys think?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are 1 or 2 solid corners away from having a solid secondary now they probably would have to come out of the draft but safety is not a neccesity right now especially if we can move Mike Rumph to FS.
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving Rumph to FS or drafting one means taking a couple of years to develop them. We don't know how Rumph will react or adjust to the move. I don't mind if they do but it is a rare chance to get a safety like Darius.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have the Kool-Aid to sign Darius. I think Julian Peterson and Jonas Jennings have left us short of trying to add another 1st tier FA. I may be dead wrong on that, but all I've read is that we're left with about $5 mil at the moment (with June 1 cap cuts helping to sign rookies when the time comes).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we move Rumph to FS. Thats all fans speculations. That then would leave us thin a the CB spot especially not knowing Plummers status. I'd rather have Rumph at corner and draft a saftey in the 2nd or 3rd depending on who is available
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:
Why would we move Rumph to FS. Thats all fans speculations. That then would leave us thin a the CB spot especially not knowing Plummers status. I'd rather have Rumph at corner and draft a saftey in the 2nd or 3rd depending on who is available

Couldn't agree more...Rumph is very valuable at CB, especially when blitzing. Also great in run support.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:

Couldn't agree more...Rumph is very valuable at CB, especially when blitzing. Also great in run support.

A large, loud "AMEN!" to the both of you. Rumph has improved dramatically from his rookie year and I think he'll be significantly better than Plummer in a short while...just MHO.
I would rather see Carpenter get a chance and then draft someone like Aaron Francisco, FS-BYU in the 3rd or 4th round...of course, we haven't seen K. Lewis yet, either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: