Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAET LXV: Home of The Rum Ham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was that shorty who lives in North Carolina?

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Who was that shorty who lives in North Carolina?

Pete lives in NC.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok good. I've been offered a job in Burlington. Need to know how much of dump it actually is.

Blahman88 wrote:
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Ok good. I've been offered a job in Burlington. Need to know how much of dump it actually is.

It's a giant coat factory from what I understand

Draft: C Davis, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:

I need a new jacket. It's all coming up Millhouse!

Blahman88 wrote:
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:

You're down the road a wee bit from Chapel Hill and Raleigh. So It's most likely a normal-ish run of the mill NC town. You will probs encounter a mixture of red necks and non red necks.

EDIT: Should've found a job in Burlington, Vermont. It's beautiful year round.

Chip Kelly on Sam Bradford: "We didnt bring in Sam to be a trade chip, Im the only Chip here"
vinniepaz wrote:
LOL roll is going off. I love you draft day
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a legit question....so my dad is from California and has always been a huge Raiders fan. Therefore I grew up a Raiders fan as well (I've been to Oakland). Mind you, I've never lived in Philadelphia and moved around, including different states 13 times before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley around 15 years old, where I started to follow other sports and follow the local squads.

Now, Some guys on 97.5 and some guys I know say that in Philadelphia, you either like all 4 teams or you're a "fraud" and you're not welcome to be a fan of 3 of the big 4 etc it has to be "4 for 4." does this only count for guys born and raised in Philadelphia? Am I welcomed as a 76ers, Phillies and Flyer fan? Or am I a "fraud" as I hear all the time around here (I have nothing against the eagles, I'm just too emotionally invested in the Raiders to switch)
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Hey guys I have a legit question....so my dad is from California and has always been a huge Raiders fan. Therefore I grew up a Raiders fan as well (I've been to Oakland). Mind you, I've never lived in Philadelphia and moved around, including different states 13 times before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley around 15 years old, where I started to follow other sports and follow the local squads.

Now, Some guys on 97.5 and some guys I know say that in Philadelphia, you either like all 4 teams or you're a "fraud" and you're not welcome to be a fan of 3 of the big 4 etc it has to be "4 for 4." does this only count for guys born and raised in Philadelphia? Am I welcomed as a 76ers, Phillies and Flyer fan? Or am I a "fraud" as I hear all the time around here (I have nothing against the eagles, I'm just too emotionally invested in the Raiders to switch)

yeah feel free to talk sixers, phillies and flyers with us in the other forums. We dont care that you dont like the eagles.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're supposed to be a fan of your hometown team. You don't get to handpick. That's why there's so many fraud cowboys' fans here. They were really good when a lot of us were growing up and they just glommed on. I have no respect for those people as fans. It's the whole my Dad can beat your Dad up juvenile debate except these kids went down to the gym and picked out the 300 lb guy benching 500 lbs to be their Dad. They have no affiliation with that guy. They just picked him because it's an easier way to win. Its weak.

I don't have a real problem adopting teams if you live in a particular place. Some people were born in LA and then moved and grew up in Minnesota. At that point you should probably be a fan of Minnesota teams. If you have actual ties to a place it's not a big deal but you should support your team that represents your home. Whatever you may consider "home".

Also, I don't have a problem with any fan joining my fandom. But don't be band wagoners. We're gonna see a lot of new Sixer fans in the next few years and that's bull. After they are bad again they'll just jump off board. Just don't be that guy. Be a foxhole guy. Not someone who likes a team because it's convenient. Live, die and support your team no matter what.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
You're supposed to be a fan of your hometown team. You don't get to handpick. That's why there's so many fraud cowboys' fans here. They were really good when a lot of us were growing up and they just glommed on. I have no respect for those people as fans. It's the whole my Dad can beat your Dad up juvenile debate except these kids went down to the gym and picked out the 300 lb guy benching 500 lbs to be their Dad. They have no affiliation with that guy. They just picked him because it's an easier way to win. Its weak.

I don't have a real problem adopting teams if you live in a particular place. Some people were born in LA and then moved and grew up in Minnesota. At that point you should probably be a fan of Minnesota teams. If you have actual ties to a place it's not a big deal but you should support your team that represents your home. Whatever you may consider "home".

Also, I don't have a problem with any fan joining my fandom. But don't be band wagoners. We're gonna see a lot of new Sixer fans in the next few years and that's bull. After they are bad again they'll just jump off board. Just don't be that guy. Be a foxhole guy. Not someone who likes a team because it's convenient. Live, die and support your team no matter what.

Well I didn't settle in PA until I was 15, and I had been a Raiders fan for 6 years at that point. I'm 24 right now, so I've been a sixers fan for 10 years. I understand your gripe with the weenie Dallas fans, it makes no sense. My girl is a cowboy fan and I give her crap all the time haha. But the Raiders sucked my whole life so I can guarantee you I didn't pick them because they were great. At the time, the eagles were superior with mcnabb, Dawkins etc...but I couldn't switch because I was and am still so attached to the RAIDERS, not necessarily the OAKLAND Raiders.

I get the the whole hometown team thing, which I am a fan of 3/4, but I feel like there's some exceptions, especially if you've moved around as much as I did.

(Ps: I won tickets to be in the 97.5 knockout tournament April 10 after the sixers/pacers game. If anyone else did let me know!)
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:

I'm not gonna lie. I started to become a fan of the Eagles when they were good, so I guess I started off as a bandwagoner.

I believe it was either 2003 or 2004 when I became a fan. The reason I became a fan was because of Dawkins and the intensity he played with. I also loved his entrance. Laughing

I remember during the 2014 playoffs rooting really hard for the Eagles, but I wasn't probably what you would consider a real fan quite yet. I believe I became a fan and shed the bandwagon label over the years as I watched crappy streams for games and tuned into live feeds of training camp at Lehigh every day in the early mornings here on the west coast. The past 4 or 5 years I've had Sunday Ticket though which is a blessing.

For the most part I agree with you that I don't like bandwagon fans and you should usually be a fan of the team closest to you if there is one. I don't have a problem with people that are fans of teams outside their area though. I mean sometimes you don't have people around you that are fans of the local team and get your fandom kick started. Sometimes a certain player just has something about them that gets you rooting for them and their team like Dawkins did with me. As long as you stick with that team through the good and the bad, then you're cool with me.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:

Yeah, I live in Raleigh which is about an hour and change away from Burlington. I've never spent any significant time there in my 10 years or so in NC. It's fine I guess. NC can be really hit and miss outside the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:

Yeah, I live in Raleigh which is about an hour and change away from Burlington. I've never spent any significant time there in my 10 years or so in NC. It's fine I guess. NC can be really hit and miss outside the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)

charlotte didn't seem awful but i only spent a few days in the area.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:

charlotte didn't seem awful but i only spent a few days in the area.

Charlotte is pretty nice. I've gone there a couple times. I don't think I'd want to live any where else in NC other than Raleigh or Chapel Hill though. Raleigh isn't all that much different than living in South Jersey TBH.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if I take this I'll look to live in Greenboro. I would like to ideally be in Chapel Hill but I'm not drinking an hour plus to work everyday. Screw that.

Blahman88 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 47 of 59

Jump to: