You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAET LXV: Home of The Rum Ham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Update: She is a nerd. She is studying to be a nurse which is why I figured the mutters museum would be cool for her. And I was ideally planning on running around center city so even though reading terminal is like 10+ blocks away I wouldn't care.


If you're planning on making a day out of it you could do all three things and hit the "three date/destination" quota and hopefully be sitting pretty after a few drinks at helium.
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 15140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Update: She is a nerd. She is studying to be a nurse which is why I figured the mutters museum would be cool for her. And I was ideally planning on running around center city so even though reading terminal is like 10+ blocks away I wouldn't care.


If you're planning on making a day out of it you could do all three things and hit the "three date/destination" quota and hopefully be sitting pretty after a few drinks at helium.


Or hit up a place like Frankie Bradleys or UBahn and grind all up on that nerdy butt Big O
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 20921
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Update: She is a nerd. She is studying to be a nurse which is why I figured the mutters museum would be cool for her. And I was ideally planning on running around center city so even though reading terminal is like 10+ blocks away I wouldn't care.


If you're planning on making a day out of it you could do all three things and hit the "three date/destination" quota and hopefully be sitting pretty after a few drinks at helium.


Or hit up a place like Frankie Bradleys or UBahn and grind all up on that nerdy butt Big O


Nerdy butt and grinding at dance clubs generally don't go together Laughing Laughing
_________________

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 15140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Update: She is a nerd. She is studying to be a nurse which is why I figured the mutters museum would be cool for her. And I was ideally planning on running around center city so even though reading terminal is like 10+ blocks away I wouldn't care.


If you're planning on making a day out of it you could do all three things and hit the "three date/destination" quota and hopefully be sitting pretty after a few drinks at helium.


Or hit up a place like Frankie Bradleys or UBahn and grind all up on that nerdy butt Big O


Nerdy butt and grinding at dance clubs generally don't go together Laughing Laughing


Not always, but add some drinks and a can do attitude and skys the limit Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 61132
Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been to Mutter twice, there's some cool stuff there but you'll be in and out pretty quick from what I remember.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7939
Location: St. Louis - Temporarily
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of bars and clubs, I went to the Good Dog over the summer with two of me mates around 12ish on a Friday. Was not crowded at all. Super chill little hole in the wall.
_________________

Chip Kelly on Sam Bradford: "We didnt bring in Sam to be a trade chip, Im the only Chip here"
vinniepaz wrote:
LOL roll is going off. I love you draft day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 7604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Speaking of bars and clubs, I went to the Good Dog over the summer with two of me mates around 12ish on a Friday. Was not crowded at all. Super chill little hole in the wall.


No no no no no.
No medical oddities on a first date.

If she's a nerd take her to the new Star Wars movie.
Then go to the Star Wars Cafe.
But, don't get the wookie steak.
It's chewy.

OK, there's no Star Wars Cafe, but tell that joke.

Take her to Federal Donuts first.
They close at 3.
So, make it an all day affair.
Then make it an affair.

Federal has three things: coffee, donuts and fried chicken.

1) The coffee - It's coffee.

2) The chicken - They make Korean-style fried chicken, thin batter dipped then double fried. You can get it to go in a box, in a bag and when you get home it's still crispy. However, when you get home all you have is a greasy steering wheel. Eat it there. You'll get some Philly "flavor," too.

3) The donuts: I H8 donuts. Dunkin Donuts are terrible. Krispy Kreme are worse, I mean booty. And those Amish, bacon maple things look like they were picked from the pasture and don't taste much better.
However, I am an adventurous soul and tried a Federal Donuts donut.
OMG
First off, I got lucky. I had a blueberry pancake one.
It was the single greatest donut ever.
They also have cookies and cream, strawberry cheesecake, vanilla lavender, cinnamon and brown sugar, tres leches, butter pecan, lemon meringue, guava poppy, pina colada, grapefruit-brown sugar, chocolate eclair, cookies and milk, churro, white chocolate peppermint, strawberry lavender and honey (the honey comes with a small order of fried chicken - 3 pcs. plus a donut for $9).
Not every flavor is available every day.

Suffice it to say, make a "safe" lunch date.
Then go somewhere, but don't go look at medical oddities.
You will probably see some on the street anyway.

As for bars, try the 700 Club. (2nd and Fairmont)
It draws such a mixed crowd, you will both fit in no matter what.
No cover, great beer selection, music upstairs with an "un-intimidating" dance floor.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 7604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does it take for a rum ham to go bad.

A year, perhaps?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 61132
Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then go somewhere, but don't go look at medical oddities.
You will probably see some on the street anyway.

Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonu62882


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 20831
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Quote:
Then go somewhere, but don't go look at medical oddities.
You will probably see some on the street anyway.

Laughing


Can confirm on both the non-shortage of medical oddities and Federal Donuts.

BAMD speaks illest of truths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42661
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone point and laugh at Roll.



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Alabama lost! Laughing
_________________
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Everyone point and laugh at Roll.



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Alabama lost! Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31494
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Speaking of bars and clubs, I went to the Good Dog over the summer with two of me mates around 12ish on a Friday. Was not crowded at all. Super chill little hole in the wall.


No no no no no.
No medical oddities on a first date.

If she's a nerd take her to the new Star Wars movie.
Then go to the Star Wars Cafe.
But, don't get the wookie steak.
It's chewy.

OK, there's no Star Wars Cafe, but tell that joke.

Take her to Federal Donuts first.
They close at 3.
So, make it an all day affair.
Then make it an affair.

Federal has three things: coffee, donuts and fried chicken.

1) The coffee - It's coffee.

2) The chicken - They make Korean-style fried chicken, thin batter dipped then double fried. You can get it to go in a box, in a bag and when you get home it's still crispy. However, when you get home all you have is a greasy steering wheel. Eat it there. You'll get some Philly "flavor," too.

3) The donuts: I H8 donuts. Dunkin Donuts are terrible. Krispy Kreme are worse, I mean booty. And those Amish, bacon maple things look like they were picked from the pasture and don't taste much better.
However, I am an adventurous soul and tried a Federal Donuts donut.
OMG
First off, I got lucky. I had a blueberry pancake one.
It was the single greatest donut ever.
They also have cookies and cream, strawberry cheesecake, vanilla lavender, cinnamon and brown sugar, tres leches, butter pecan, lemon meringue, guava poppy, pina colada, grapefruit-brown sugar, chocolate eclair, cookies and milk, churro, white chocolate peppermint, strawberry lavender and honey (the honey comes with a small order of fried chicken - 3 pcs. plus a donut for $9).
Not every flavor is available every day.

Suffice it to say, make a "safe" lunch date.
Then go somewhere, but don't go look at medical oddities.
You will probably see some on the street anyway.

As for bars, try the 700 Club. (2nd and Fairmont)
It draws such a mixed crowd, you will both fit in no matter what.
No cover, great beer selection, music upstairs with an "un-intimidating" dance floor.


How you gonna rag on Beiler's like that? Their blueberry fritter is redonk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 15140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howd your date go big O?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11682
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Klitman? He on some sort of sabbatical?

I'm thinking its time for a new sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 41 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group