Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAET LXV: Home of The Rum Ham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plan now that i have legit sports cars is to volunteer at the local race track in exchange for racing lessons and track time. Cool

If Paul Newman can start racing at 46, it may not be to late for guys like us to race(late 20's 30's) if you have the right work ethic and want to learn and can be a sponge around those race tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the other day, this has been like one of the best years for movies in a long time.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Danger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I was thinking the other day, this has been like one of the best years for movies in a long time.

Really? Still way too many boring super hero movies clogging up the cinemas if you ask me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Really? Still way too many boring super hero movies clogging up the cinemas if you ask me.

What Baby Driver and Cars 3 didnt move you?

I mean there was some good ones,, you got Baywatch, Fifth Shades Darker, ohhhh Fist Fight to that was amazing, Gold, and The Great Wall which is just a classic.

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Split, Baby Driver, Get Out were the 3 I was thinking about. 3 really good genre films that you don't always get in a year.

I personally have thought this year's Superhero movies have been all together better. Wonder Woman was the first enjoyable DC film since Nolan left. Logan was a unique hanging it all up final story for a beloved character, and finally as brutal as the character needed to be. Guardians vol2 was good, I actually liked it better than the first in a lot of ways. And while I know it's not going over great for everyone...I really loved what they did in Spiderman

Ghost in the Shell, The Founder, John Wick 2 were all good showings for their subgenres.

I just felt like it's been a long time since I had a month+ straight where something was coming out that not only looks good, but has been getting buzz/praise building up to it.

Baby Driver Arrow Spiderman Arrow Planet of the Apes Arrow Dunkirk Arrow Atomic Blonde Arrow Detroit & Dark Tower

Then when you look past August...there is the Kingsmen Sequel, which I really like the first one. Blade Runner 2049...which looks gorgeous and is being directed by the guy who did arrival (which was my favorite award movie last year), the new Thor looks good if you're into that sort of thing, and then we have Star Wars The Last Jedi. As well as whatever good award season movies start becoming more known as we get closer to the end of the year.

And there is a bunch of other watchable stuff in there too

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, there have been some very good original movies. Haven't even heard of Detroit & Dark Tower yet but I'm sure i'll get there.

BTW....we should probably start to figure out the next TAET name....

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lied, the Dark Tower looked pretty sweet. Detroit I hadn't heard of.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys talked about it a few pages back, but I just saw Logan the other night. Was I supposed to watch any of the other Wolverine movies prior to that to understand what the hell was going on? I was pretty confused most of the movie, with that said, it was still pretty enjoyable.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
I know you guys talked about it a few pages back, but I just saw Logan the other night. Was I supposed to watch any of the other Wolverine movies prior to that to understand what the hell was going on? I was pretty confused most of the movie, with that said, it was still pretty enjoyable.

Not really for the story. But yea to get attached to the characters in it.

I think the only thing that is set up is when they take his blood for cloning.

Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Yea, there have been some very good original movies. Haven't even heard of Detroit & Dark Tower yet but I'm sure i'll get there.

Dark Tower is based off a pretty popular Stephen King series..I think there is like 7/8 books. ANd then they like kinda play into his other books in ways.

I just like the actors in Detroit, Kathryn Bigelow's last two movies both were good and stood out from the genre a bit in their execution.

any TAET suggestions?

Jroc04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

The comic universe tends to spin in different directions with artistic license. And obviously movies do it too. I don't know a lot about comics outside of random google searches after curious questioning from watching the movies but in this timeline, which isn't necessarily attached to any other X men storyline, Professor X kills most to all mutants when he went through one of those seizure events depicted in the movie a couple times. I read that they kind of manipulated that story line from the comic where Wolverine actually kills the X men when he was under some sort of mind control. But yea, I usually do a heavy dose of googling after comic movies just to be a baseline understanding.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

Dark Tower is based off a pretty popular Stephen King series..I think there is like 7/8 books. ANd then they like kinda play into his other books in ways.

I just like the actors in Detroit, Kathryn Bigelow's last two movies both were good and stood out from the genre a bit in their execution.

any TAET suggestions?

I wouldn't worry, we have two pages to go which means about 3 months anymore.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAET 66: The Highway to Nowhere
TAET 66: Slower than B60 in a Pinto
TAET 66: Waffle House Stops for everyone

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

The comic universe tends to spin in different directions with artistic license. And obviously movies do it too. I don't know a lot about comics outside of random google searches after curious questioning from watching the movies but in this timeline, which isn't necessarily attached to any other X men storyline, Professor X kills most to all mutants when he went through one of those seizure events depicted in the movie a couple times. I read that they kind of manipulated that story line from the comic where Wolverine actually kills the X men when he was under some sort of mind control. But yea, I usually do a heavy dose of googling after comic movies just to be a baseline understanding.

Yea Logan is often referred to as a separate reality almost

Like a lot of the stuff in the past happened, but this is a Left turn whereas main canon went right.

When you throw in the timeline reset thanks to Days of Futures Past...it's gets super all jumbled up.

Logan is a story that borrows from the history and lore of all the previous movie, but won't have any effect on storylines really besides the absence of Wolverine (until they recast him)
Unless they somehow wanna bring x-23 back, but considering the universe she resides in, where all the big time mutants are dead...they'd really have to bend stuff to make it work

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you home slices see The Lost City of Z? Any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: