You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAET LXV: Home of The Rum Ham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
That new Kendrick goes so hard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6xnVQuFzw

Shocked Applause

Its so good, DNA is good too, but the second verse on XXX is my favorite

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
That new Kendrick goes so hard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6xnVQuFzw

Shocked Applause

Its so good, DNA is good too, but the second verse on XXX is my favorite

Humble & DNA been on repeat for me

those Kendrick songs that get you hype >>>>>>
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Oh wow... That is awesome! You thinking Red? Please say yes. That would be so epic.

60k doe!!? fuaarcccck, i guess tho it never loses it value tho right? If you buy it for 60k you could sale it for 60k?

That is crazy how much money is involved in classic muscle cars.

Why the GTO for you tho? What about it draw you to it , enough to drop 60 grand on one?

I'd be just fine with Montero Red, which should be the shade that GTO I posted is using.

I'd take it in just about any color they came with, but prefer Montero Red, gold, white, or one of the blue shades.

60k because of all the work that has likely been done to the suspension and body to make it look like it does. These people aren't just cutting the springs to make them sit like they do. They are adding brembo brakes, coil over suspensions, 275-305 width tires, modern steering, and in a lot of cases- modern GM LS motors putting out 400+ hp to the wheels, but getting 20+ mpg at 70 mph. That's what makes them 60K. A really clean bone stock GTO should be closer to 45K. Still expensive, but keep in mind they only made about 60 thousand hard top (I don't care for convertibles) GTO's in 1965, and several have been turned into cubes at junk yards. You are getting a limited edition car that will never be made again. And they get even more limited when you narrow it down to 4 speed vs automatic, color choice, ac or non ac, console or no console. There might be only 100 total Montero Red 4 speeds w/consoles in the world, and that number will only get lower over time. That's why you're paying 45K+ for a car from 1965.

Why the 1965 GTO in particular?
I was always around hot rods and muscle cars growing up. My uncle had a '23 t-bucket street rod and a 1930 Chevy sedan delivery street rod, and riding in them with my cousin was the coolest thing in the world to me, especially when my uncle would drive fast. Then one day when I was about 12, my neighbor, who had a pile of junk (compared to my uncles) 23 t-bucket, had a friend stop by. And his friend stopped by in a 1965 Pontiac GTO. First time I had ever seen one, even though I had gone to a few car shows with my cousins. It was also Montero Red like the car I posted, but totally stock. I instantly fell in love and it became my dream car on the spot. Prior to that day my dream car was a 1970 Chevelle SS. I love everything about the exterior. It also just so happens I think the 65 GTO has the best looking interior out of any 60's or 70's muscle car. Everything about the car just resonates with me.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
I'd take it in just about any color they came with, but prefer Montero Red, gold, white, or one of the blue shades.

Those are really neat colors. I love the red doe.

The fountaine blue , bluemest blue and palmetto green are pretty dope tho, you dont see those colors on anything.

Quote:
60k because of all the work that has likely been done to the suspension and body to make it look like it does. These people aren't just cutting the springs to make them sit like they do. They are adding brembo brakes, coil over suspensions, 275-305 width tires, modern steering, and in a lot of cases- modern GM LS motors putting out 400+ hp to the wheels, but getting 20+ mpg at 70 mph. That's what makes them 60K. A really clean bone stock GTO should be closer to 45K. Still expensive, but keep in mind they only made about 60 thousand hard top (I don't care for convertibles) GTO's in 1965, and several have been turned into cubes at junk yards. You are getting a limited edition car that will never be made again. And they get even more limited when you narrow it down to 4 speed vs automatic, color choice, ac or non ac, console or no console. There might be only 100 total Montero Red 4 speeds w/consoles in the world, and that number will only get lower over time. That's why you're paying 45K+ for a car from 1965.

I was reading about GTO's the last day or so and wow they are getting rare.

F^&**( car hoarder for one. Those people that let these cars rot out cause they think they are going to cash out huge one day, and 30 winters later never driven or they never drive them and sit in a garage like a painting for decades.. F$^GGH THOSE PEOPLE.

Think your sleeping on the convertible, haha im not a convertible guy either but that looks fun, i just watched Jay Leno's garage of 64 convertible GTO and they were cruising around with the top down doing a few pulls, looked awesome, haha your a rock star at every stop light on the convertible.

But hard tops >>> ... more rigid, meaner looking, be a better base to build on a imagine, specially if your dropping big money on suspension and motor upgrades.

Have you seen any stuff the Ring Brothers do with classic muscle cars?

So cool.

Pretty cool concept, modernizing and tuning old muscle cars with today's good while still keep the character and soul of the original car.

Quote:
Why the 1965 GTO in particular?
I was always around hot rods and muscle cars growing up. My uncle had a '23 t-bucket street rod and a 1930 Chevy sedan delivery street rod, and riding in them with my cousin was the coolest thing in the world to me, especially when my uncle would drive fast. Then one day when I was about 12, my neighbor, who had a pile of junk (compared to my uncles) 23 t-bucket, had a friend stop by. And his friend stopped by in a 1965 Pontiac GTO. First time I had ever seen one, even though I had gone to a few car shows with my cousins. It was also Montero Red like the car I posted, but totally stock. I instantly fell in love and it became my dream car on the spot. Prior to that day my dream car was a 1970 Chevelle SS. I love everything about the exterior. It also just so happens I think the 65 GTO has the best looking interior out of any 60's or 70's muscle car. Everything about the car just resonates with me

Oh really cool.

This is why our taste is so different. I don't think i ever saw a real muscle car - classic car until i was a adult in California ( when i lived in Santa Cruz there were guys who bringing down crazy cars at night to cruise Pacific Avenue and the Boardwalk) The most classical muscle car i ever saw as a kid were 3rd gem Camaros and Fox Body Mustangs Laughing

What a awesome Uncle tho. Cool

Well if it resonates with you that much which i understand cause i think cars have a "soul" or a "energy" to them(seriously). Its very personal if your receptive to it. 60 k is that much. A kid today cost x5 times that Laughing but also it seems like its a really good in investment. Its always going to be worth SOOOO MUCH AND GAINING VALUE DAILY.

Also if you get one and drive it and get your moneys worth in burn outs and highway pulls, i dont think you would ever remember the price tag or a penny spent or would give a damn or a care. Laughing

Thanks for sharing, got me into a Pontiac google vortex, they made pretty awesome cars back in the day.

By the way do you watch Jay Leno's garage??

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you by the way Jeezla?

Were you born and raised in Cali?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I move out of Oregon on Saturday... Dancing

To my new apartment in Vancouver, Washington. All 8 miles from Portland! Laughing

Out of the the "hipster contamination zone" tho!

How i feel right now.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juuuuust created a Twitter account.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
How old are you by the way Jeezla?

Were you born and raised in Cali?

Turned 35 2 days ago. SoCal all my life.
I like Lenos garage. I've seen him driving around twice.
Ring Brothers are too overbuilt for my taste. Same goes for west coast customs and Chip Foose. Too much additional fabrication besides the standard upgrading the suspension, wheels/tires, motor/trans, and maybe putting in a stereo, a/c, or racing seats. Those guys like to re-design the doors and dash and all kinds of crap, by the time they are done it's barely even a Pontiac anymore.
You seem like a 78 trans am kind of guy. I don't think you have to smog a 78 in Washington or Oregon, or have full length header restrictions. I'd probably already have one if you didn't have to smog them in Cali. You can get really nice 77/78 Trans Am's for 25-30K, and then you get to feel like you're in smokey and the bandit every day of your life. Mine would have a CB radio.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Danger

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roe, how many years you been moderator now? You the longest tenured in this forum's history?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiice Jeezla. I'm 30, born in San Diego but never could afford to spend much time there or ever live there lol.

Yeah Leno is the man, hes a real mans man (gets over used a lot but Jay it's fitting). He drives everything from motorcycles to hot hatches to muscle cars to super cars to classic cars, he loves it all.

Kinda agree on the Ring Brothers , seems like a lot of money for not as much functionality as they like people to think like some of there seat concepts looked cool but usefulness I dunno , driving with a roll cage right near your head (cool for track with a helmet I dunno about on the street with out a helmet) but they seriously kill it on the paint concepts and I love the idea of lot of there modernizing of suspension and wheels/tires.

Funny you say that I love 80s Camaros and Trans Ams and Firebirds. They look fun as hell. I would take a Trans Am or a IRock-Z Camaro any day. If I had any of those, I would Cruise around blasting Foghat -Slow Ride so loud , cruise the movie theater parking lot and do burn outs for the younger laadddies in line. Laughing every moment would become a epic 80s movie.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Critical Sensi Star that Dunta Robison knocked Maclin into the center of the universe with. Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate car talk because Im not a car guy, but 1979 Trans Ams really rev my engine

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ easily the most alpha male car of all time .. it's pretty epic.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Vin Diesel could try any harder to convince me he has never been drunk a day in his life, i would be amazed. LOL in what world would a rational human being hold-drink a beer like this?

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

BRUTAL.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin don't like to get his hands cold bro....we all know that

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 71 of 99

Jump to: