Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THIS IS NOT BILLS TALK! v5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Leaning towards team one.

Team one is a little more balanced, but they are dominated in saves, and steals. And i think team two's offense is a lot better as well.

I ask this because I want to know if stacking a team on offense and closers and lag behind in starting pitching is worth it.

With categories being AVG, RBI, STEALS, RUNS, Homers, ERA, K's, WHIP, WINS, and SAVES.

FWIW Team 2 is my squad. I pretty much said F it to ERA and Whip, in order pretty much guarantee saves, and steals every week and have a very good chance at winning most offensive categories each week.

While the starters I have are below par, I purposely picked guys that have really high K/9 numbers.

I couldn't find enough people to join a league so a friend of mine and I joined a league that we hope will be active and just face off against each other each week. lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Team one is a little more balanced, but they are dominated in saves, and steals. And i think team two's offense is a lot better as well.

I ask this because I want to know if stacking a team on offense and closers and lag behind in starting pitching is worth it.

With categories being AVG, RBI, STEALS, RUNS, Homers, ERA, K's, WHIP, WINS, and SAVES.

FWIW Team 2 is my squad. I pretty much said F it to ERA and Whip, in order pretty much guarantee saves, and steals every week and have a very good chance at winning most offensive categories each week.

While the starters I have are below par, I purposely picked guys that have really high K/9 numbers.

I couldn't find enough people to join a league so a friend of mine and I joined a league that we hope will be active and just face off against each other each week. lol

I usually go all offense and bullpen also. I usually like to have one anchor in my starting rotation and then fill the rest in with young arms and bounce back pitchers. Just be aggressive on the wire early. There are always pitchers that come out of nowhere. If you can add a couple of waiver wire stars then your team will be tough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

FWIW Team 2 is my squad. I pretty much said F it to ERA and Whip, in order pretty much guarantee saves, and steals every week and have a very good chance at winning most offensive categories each week.n

I usually go all offense and bullpen also. I usually like to have one anchor in my starting rotation and then fill the rest in with young arms and bounce back pitchers. Just be aggressive on the wire early. There are always pitchers that come out of nowhere. If you can add a couple of waiver wire stars then your team will be tough.

I think Salazar can be that anchor as long as he's back to 100%. He's filthy.

I just think a nucleus of Machado, Miggy, Springer, Cruz, Lucroy, Turner is absurd. And with Billy and Villar that's about 115 steals alone lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 12 Team League

Scored with R, HR, RBI, OBP, SB K, QS, SV, ERA, WHIP

C Gary Sanchez
1B Chris Davis
2B Jose Altuve
SS Carlos Correa
3B Todd Frazier
2B/SS Marcus Semien
1B/3B Pablo Sandoval
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Yoenis Cespedes
OF Melky Cabrera
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Kevin Kiermaier
UTIL Nick Markakis
BNCH Aaron Judge

P Justin Verlander
P Gerrit Cole
P John Lackey
P Adam Wainwright
P David Price (10 Day DL)
P Felix Hernandez
P David Robertson
P Jim Johnson
P Huston Street (10 Day DL)
BNCH Fernando Rodney
BNCH Jordan Zimmermann
BNCH Joe Musgrave
BNCH Kendall Graveman

How does it look boys? strengths? weaknesses? BTW we have the same guy every year only take Pitchers...he took pitchers with his 1st 10 picks....it's just annoying

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
My 12 Team League

Scored with R, HR, RBI, OBP, SB K, QS, SV, ERA, WHIP

C Gary Sanchez
1B Chris Davis
2B Jose Altuve
SS Carlos Correa
3B Todd Frazier
2B/SS Marcus Semien
1B/3B Pablo Sandoval
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Yoenis Cespedes
OF Melky Cabrera
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Kevin Kiermaier
UTIL Nick Markakis
BNCH Aaron Judge

P Justin Verlander
P Gerrit Cole
P John Lackey
P Adam Wainwright
P David Price (10 Day DL)
P Felix Hernandez
P David Robertson
P Jim Johnson
P Huston Street (10 Day DL)
BNCH Fernando Rodney
BNCH Jordan Zimmermann
BNCH Joe Musgrave
BNCH Kendall Graveman

How does it look boys? strengths? weaknesses? BTW we have the same guy every year only take Pitchers...he took pitchers with his 1st 10 picks....it's just annoying

Holy moly you have some serious power. I assume you're tanking average? I think you definitely need to work the wire on pitching. If you get a healthy lead on the power categories, I would try and trade for an arm or two.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a big non bills poster but thought it was worth noting that the Sabres just fired HC Bylsma and GM Murray.

This worries me because Pegula runs both teams and it seems like he is incapable of building a winning franchise and if thats the case as a fan this is miserable to know.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Im not a big non bills poster but thought it was worth noting that the Sabres just fired HC Bylsma and GM Murray.

This worries me because Pegula runs both teams and it seems like he is incapable of building a winning franchise and if thats the case as a fan this is miserable to know.

I'm not a big hockey guy (shocking being a Canadian i know) but it is my understanding coaches get fired all the time in hockey. The Senators have had like 4 or 5 coaches in the last 10 years despite playoff appearances.

I imagine EDM and TOR making the playoffs and doing well did not help Murray cause.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but when Pegulas purchased the team on Feb 2011. The team was a contender he some how managed to turn that team in to getting last place in their conference the last 4 years. To me something is wrong if you are getting high draft picks to bring in players granted not the same as football but still talent and good size cap space you cant get out of the bottom of your conference? Watching him run the bills a bit closer then i do with sabres seems to be the same case. Im starting to lose confidence in the owner with what has been going on with bills and then seeing how he has yet to turn the sabres around and actually make them worse from when he got them.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Participated in a All Time football draft. If anyone has a minute to vote in the Fantasy/Sim thread it would be appreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: