You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ICS 2016 season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: ICS 2016 season Reply with quote

I figure the classy IndyCar fans should have a place to talk about the best series in motorsports out there atm.

Anyone a fan out there?
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like IndyCar but no way it's the best motorsport series Razz

Carb Day is up there with the Little 500 as the greatest day of drinking in the state of Indiana.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:

Carb Day is up there with the Little 500 as the greatest day of drinking in the state of Indiana.

In terms of quality racing on track, I dont think its debatable.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:

In terms of quality racing on track, I dont think its debatable.

I was just giving you a hard time. Didn't know I was debating the quality of racing, lol, it's just not as entertaining as others to me. Also, there's nothing worse than watching a wreck in IndyCar.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Indy 500 is sold out, so it won't be blacked out on local television here for the first time in pretty much ever. I usually just watch it at Bdubs or something so it'll be nice to sit at home this year.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really pulling for Josef to grab the pole being from Tennessee and all Laughing

But Hinch getting isn't that bad considering his story with Indy. Anyways I think this is the first time in decades that the Indy 500 is sold out and the blackout lifted in Indianapolis. I'm hoping for a great show Sunday.

Also isn't Memorial weekend the best weekend for race fans ever besides maybe Le Mans? You have the Grand Prix of Monaco, the Indy 500, the Coke 600, and the 24 Hours Nürburgring.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story of Hinch getting the pole after his wreck last year. I'm really happy for him.

Cool seeing the blackout lifted in Indy, too. That's big.

I'm really excited for the Indy 500 this year. If the rain holds off, it should be a exciting and competitive race. I grew up going with my dad & brothers every year, and I get to take my son for the first time this year. Me, my son, my dad sitting outside Turn 1 for the 100th running. Doesn't get much better than that.

Btw, any of you guys doing the fantasy game on Indycar's site? It's really fun.

.flash on the sig
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
Great story of Hinch getting the pole after his wreck last year. I'm really happy for him.

I'm really excited for the Indy 500 this year. If the rain holds off, it should be a exciting and competitive race. I grew up going with my dad & brothers every year, and I get to take my son for the first time this year. Me, my son, my dad sitting outside Turn 1 for the 100th running. Doesn't get much better than that.

Indy is on my bucket list. I wish I was going to the 100th but one day I'll be there.

tttmikeb

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
tttmikeb wrote:

Indy is on my bucket list. I wish I was going to the 100th but one day I'll be there.

You have to. There's nothing like it. It's ENORMOUS! The atmosphere is just so cool...hard to put into words. There's just something magical about it. And the speed of the cars...you will gain a whole new appreciation for how fast they are seeing them up close when you're standing still, as opposed to watching them on TV where the camera is following them. Just amazing.

I was in Indy a couple weeks ago for the Indy Mini-Marathon, and there's a HUGE sign on one of the downtown hotels with a pic of the Borg-Warner Trophy and the phrase "Epic race, epic place." Sums it up really well.

.flash on the sig
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi Shocked

Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Rossi Shocked

Was really pulling for Hinch. Shame it went to a few save strategy, but grats to Rossi and Herta. Greattach call by a good dude.
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
Rossi Shocked

Was really pulling for Hinch. Shame it went to a few save strategy, but grats to Rossi and Herta. Greattach call by a good dude.

My son was pulling for Hinch, too.

Absolutely crazy & exciting finish. Not exciting in the same way we're used to, though. I always love to see a great shootout with a couple or a few of the fastest cars in the final laps, and we sorta had that. But the craziness of who's got fuel left...who's leading now vs. who's pitting now...where are they coming out on the track...now Rossi's leading?!?...will he run out of fuel? (when the track announcer said he's slowing on the backstretch during lap 199, I thought he HAD run out of fuel)... I've never seen a finish like that. And while it wasn't the shootout I might have hoped for, it was absolutely just as exciting...maybe moreso.

I still feel terrible for Munoz. He pretty much drove a perfect race. He hung around in the Top 10 for the whole thing, then moved to the front when it got down to crunch time, and had the best car for the last 20-30 laps. You can't ask for much more than that. I mean seriously, if Sato had crashed one lap earlier or one lap later, Munoz probably wins.

All in all, it turned out to be a beautiful day with a great race. Getting to take it in with my dad and my son...priceless.

.flash on the sig
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun races in Detroit. Happy for Power to get back in the winner's circle. Felt bad for Helio getting stuck out on the track during that last yellow...he may have won it if not for that. But that's racing. On to Texas!

.flash on the sig
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race weekend!!! Too bad I can't watch it. It's times like this when I question my decision to cut cable. Laughing

.flash on the sig
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.indycar.com/News/2016/08/08-25-INDYCAR-schedule-2017

2017 schedule announced. Basically the same as 2016. Nice to see an extension with Watkins Glen and an addition with Gateway. I'm really excited about Gateway since I live near St. Louis. That means I get to attend 2 races next year!

.flash on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: