Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Need your opinion on Pats pick..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Patriots pick in my mock at 32?..
Roddy White/WR/UAB
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Reggie Brown/WR/Georgia
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Kirk Morrison/LB/San Diego State
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Odell Thurman/LB/Georgia
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Elton Brown/OG/Virginia
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Need your opinion on Pats pick.. Reply with quote

Alright I'm done my mock except for pick 32. I need your help to see who they should pick. I have one guy in my mind but I want to see what you think.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
andrew91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Roddy White, he totally rocks, fast and physical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was between Reggie Borwn and Kirk Morrison. Brown rocked it up at the Combine, but Morrison is more of a need, more of a Belichick type player, and besides, we can get a WR in the 2nd or even 3rd if we really need too. My eye is on Craig Bragg of UCLA.

But, knowing you, you'll give us Roddy White Smile

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
RD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elton Brown.

Hands down the best player of that group.

Too much questions about the other players, or they simply arent worth it.

If Demarcus Ware is available, makeh im the pick.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
I was between Reggie Borwn and Kirk Morrison. Brown rocked it up at the Combine, but Morrison is more of a need, more of a Belichick type player, and besides, we can get a WR in the 2nd or even 3rd if we really need too. My eye is on Craig Bragg of UCLA.

But, knowing you, you'll give us Roddy White Smile

We don't have a 3rd round pick. And I was leaning toward Reggie Brown.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ware, Blackstock, Tuck, Clayton, or Baas/Brown would all be good picks.

I would prefer a LB though...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really need a LB right now though dude. I mean we need one. But not before a CB and a OG. Even WR should be ahead of LB right now. Even if we lost Bruschi we could still go with...

LOLB - McGinest
MLB - Johnson
ILB - Vrabel
ROLB - Colvin

i think we could manage. i think tedy will be back though.

The recivers on the roster right now are Branch Givens Johnson and Sam. The ladder two are unproven in full time roles. Granted they might pan out and we have 2 great reciving TE's in Watson and Graham.

I just think we should look at these positions before we adress our LB's. We need to pick up another young MLB. But id do that late in the draft. Or in a low key FA pick up.

But hey, Bell and hartwell are still available so that could quickly fill that need! Laughing

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
We don't really need a LB right now though dude. I mean we need one. But not before a CB and a OG. Even WR should be ahead of LB right now. Even if we lost Bruschi we could still go with...

LOLB - McGinest
MLB - Johnson
ILB - Vrabel
ROLB - Colvin

i think we could manage. i think tedy will be back though.

The recivers on the roster right now are Branch Givens Johnson and Sam. The ladder two are unproven in full time roles. Granted they might pan out and we have 2 great reciving TE's in Watson and Graham.

I just think we should look at these positions before we adress our LB's. We need to pick up another young MLB. But id do that late in the draft. Or in a low key FA pick up.

But hey, Bell and hartwell are still available so that could quickly fill that need! Laughing

I agree with you 100000000000% on that one. I really think we are set at CB. Tyrone Poole, Duane Starks, Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Hank Poteat. At WR we have (only) Branch and Givens. And I still think if a team like the Chargers offers Givens more money we won't match it because all that money we have is going toward a big free agent or Richard Seymour.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:

LOLB - McGinest
MLB - Johnson
ILB - Vrabel
ROLB - Colvin

And who is behind those players? I also think Bruschi will be back, but I also realize that we really have no young LBers. TBC isn't that consistant. Klecko was decent...for a DT convert...

McGinest might retire at the end of next year or be a cap casuality. Johnson is getting up there also.

I doubt that Givens will leave NE. I still have not found a link that said the Chargers are even remotely interested in Givens. Branch, Givens, Johnson, Sam, Watson, Graham, Fauria, Weaver...

I think we will draft a WR in round two because at the end of round 1, there is more likely to be a quality LB there than a WR. I doubt we will strech for a WR that won't even start. BB will take the BPA.

At the end of round two, there are more quality WR's than LBers. Murphy, Parrish...Ruud, Mitchell, and Morrison will most likely be gone by pick 64...

What other LBers do you think we be there at 64?

Tell me your thoughts on this...

WR
Branch, Terrence Murphy, Sam
Givens, Johnson

TE - Graham, Watson, Fauria, Weaver

Watson and Klecko can fill in at FB so I doubt Pass will be back. We also had like 2 TE's end up on the IR this year. I think they are more likely to only carry three, but if the new OC/BB wants to carry on what Weis did early in the season, than they might keep four...

LB
ROLB - Tuck/Blackstock/Ware(one of them), TBC
RILB - Vrabel, Johnson
LILB - Bruschi, Klecko, Lionel Turner(7th rounder)
LOLB - McGinest/Colvin, TBC

I think that looks pretty nice...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what your saying RB but Terrence Murphy should be gone by then. His stock is up and the only WR I would take in round 2 would be someone like Craphonso Thorpe. The thing is we don't have a 3rd round pick and if we don't adress WR in round 1 or 2 there are not many good WR's in round 4,5,6,7.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
RD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollywood14 wrote:

I agree with you 100000000000% on that one. I really think we are set at CB. Tyrone Poole, Duane Starks, Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Hank Poteat. At WR we have (only) Branch and Givens.

Well if you're going to count Hank Poteat as a solid player in the CB rotation, then you have to count in PK Sam and Bethel Johnson at WR. We are also expected to bring Troy back.

I still think we could use some help at corner, though I agree WR appears to be a bigger need now.

At corner, it goes beyond just looking at this year. You have to look ahead too. We have Duane Starks, who has two years left on his deal, and although I like him, he is a risk. He may not be healthy or he may not prove to be worth his money. Ty Poole is a threat to retire at anytime and is only signed for one more year. That leaves us really with only Samuel and Gay, and although we won a title with them, Id be uncomfortable if they were are startng corners in the future. Drafting a young guy allows him to learn the NFL at a slower pace behind a couple vets, and it gives us a guy if we are in the same situation as last year, that can step up and play at a high level.

In the first, Im going BPA. If Marlin Jackson is on the board, and so is Roddy White, Im taking Jackson. White doesn't do it for me IMO. If Clayton or Williamson were there, thats one thing, but if they arent, Im not taking a WR just to take a WR.
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

In the first, Im going BPA. If Marlin Jackson is on the board, and so is Roddy White, Im taking Jackson. White doesn't do it for me IMO. If Clayton or Williamson were there, thats one thing, but if they arent, Im not taking a WR just to take a WR.

I agree with this statement. If Tuck, Ware, or Blackstock are available...I would take them over Jackson...

Realistically...Tuck will be gone by the 24th pick...Blackstock might become a colt...

Ware should be there at pick 32...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: