You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cincinnati Reds Thread, The Downward Spiral
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2 off days over the next 8 games, the Reds sent down Amir Garrett.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My updated Reds top 10 prospects:

1. Nick Senzel, 3B, High A
2. Amir Garrett, LHP, AAA
3. Vladimir Gutierrez, RHP, High A
4. Taylor Trammell, OF, Low A
5. Tyler Stephenson, C, Low A
6. Sal Romano, RHP, AAA
7. Tyler Mahle, RHP, AA
8. Luis Castillo, RHP, AA
9. Tony Santillan, RHP, Low A
10. Shed Long, 2B, High A

Once Amir Garrett graduates off the list in 14 more MLB IP (he'll be back up in the bigs in a week or 2) my new #10 will be Scott Moss. I can't consider Jesse Winker a top prospect anymore until he shows power again. He's basically a slap hitter in AAA who takes walks with average LF defense over the last 12 months.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amir Garrett will be back in the bigs to make a start this Saturday. He'll be sent down again around the all star break and get the push over the 21 option days for the year for the Reds to officially get control of the 2023 season for Garrett. The official reason is to limit his innings and get him a bit of rest throughout the season, but the real reason is listed above.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amir Garrett back up in the bigs and starting today against the Cubs. He'll get sent down again around the all star break to "limit his innings and keep him fresh"........, oh and get an extra year of control in 2023.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Winker with both a 2B and a HR in one game last night. If he can get the power figured out, the rest of his game is MLB ready.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartan300


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 677
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started looking into draft options. Really hope the Reds pull the trigger on Hunter Greene. I don't want them to play it safe and take someone with a lower ceiling. We need someone with ace potential. We have plenty of pitching prospects that project as solid/middle of the rotation guys but we really need that number one to anchor a staff. Worth the risk especially since the Reds probably won't be picking this high again for a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
Just started looking into draft options. Really hope the Reds pull the trigger on Hunter Greene. I don't want them to play it safe and take someone with a lower ceiling. We need someone with ace potential. We have plenty of pitching prospects that project as solid/middle of the rotation guys but we really need that number one to anchor a staff. Worth the risk especially since the Reds probably won't be picking this high again for a while.


According to Jim Callis, he's more confident about Hunter Greene to the Reds vs any other projection he is making so far. John Manuel at BA says the Reds may take McKay as a hitter, but I don't think Manuel is above making click bate articles/mocks. My money is on that we take Hunter Greene.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartan300


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 677
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:
Just started looking into draft options. Really hope the Reds pull the trigger on Hunter Greene. I don't want them to play it safe and take someone with a lower ceiling. We need someone with ace potential. We have plenty of pitching prospects that project as solid/middle of the rotation guys but we really need that number one to anchor a staff. Worth the risk especially since the Reds probably won't be picking this high again for a while.


According to Jim Callis, he's more confident about Hunter Greene to the Reds vs any other projection he is making so far. John Manuel at BA says the Reds may take McKay as a hitter, but I don't think Manuel is above making click bate articles/mocks. My money is on that we take Hunter Greene.


I hope so. Is Greene your preference as well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:
Just started looking into draft options. Really hope the Reds pull the trigger on Hunter Greene. I don't want them to play it safe and take someone with a lower ceiling. We need someone with ace potential. We have plenty of pitching prospects that project as solid/middle of the rotation guys but we really need that number one to anchor a staff. Worth the risk especially since the Reds probably won't be picking this high again for a while.


According to Jim Callis, he's more confident about Hunter Greene to the Reds vs any other projection he is making so far. John Manuel at BA says the Reds may take McKay as a hitter, but I don't think Manuel is above making click bate articles/mocks. My money is on that we take Hunter Greene.


I hope so. Is Greene your preference as well?


I think so. Easy mechanics, plus plus athleticism, sits 95-98 with his fastball, already shows solid command and control with most scouts having a firm belief it will be excellent in the future with his athleticism. Some are worried about his breaking ball, but he's shown an ability to spin it, so i'll trust in his ability to do it more consistently as a pro. I think in the end he ditches his curveball and is a fastball/slider/changeup pitcher (the changeup is already a solid pitch, he just never had to use it much against HS hitters.

I'd be fine with Wright too though.

Hunter Greene
Kyle Wright
Mackenzie Gore
Jordon Adell
Royce Lewis

That'd be my top 5.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3649
Location: 12,998 ft above sea level
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a night for Scooter
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BurheadTitans


Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 7605
Location: Viceroy's Row
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
What a night for Scooter


Happy for him and to say I watched history. I was desperately hoping he'd hit for the cycle but that was still awesome.
_________________
My Teams:
NFL: Tennessee Titans
College Football: Tennessee Volunteers
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 12466
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Senzel has nothing to prove in A+

Get him to AA already
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reds sign 19 year old Cuban SS Jose Israel Garcia for $5 million
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3649
Location: 12,998 ft above sea level
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Nick Senzel has nothing to prove in A+

Get him to AA already


No doubt, I'm not sure why they're moving so slow on him. It'll be interesting to see how our organizational logjam at position players starts working out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3649
Location: 12,998 ft above sea level
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
What a night for Scooter


Happy for him and to say I watched history. I was desperately hoping he'd hit for the cycle but that was still awesome.


Were you at the game? I was just watching on tv but I might never forget watching it. My buddy, who is a Cardinals fan, was over at my place watching with my roommate, a Reds fan, and me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group