Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Needs Remaining

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Needs Remaining Reply with quote

Ok well after the first few days of FA we have learned our MLB, RB and DE positions will no longer be addressed for the remainder of FA.

I say if there is any one move the Eagles at this point will make in FA it will be a WILL. Simoneau is crap and the team could use the upgrade. Anthony Simmons I hope.

The rest of the Eagles needs will be addressed in the draft.

1. DE(first pick)

2. RB(Backup)

3. TE(2nd TE)

4. WR(If Freddie leaves this is atleast a 3rd round need)
Then there is just depth concerns.

Back up LB
Back up QB
OL prospects
DL prospects

Crazy how just a day ago everyone was crying about how bad the FO is then Trotter gets signed and the Eagles are instantly in great shape.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
phila

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what DE, RB and TE you had in mind, in any.
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im almost certain that Mayberry is gone. Hes older, and plus I think its time to give Artis Hicks the starting job. He played well.

I want to re-sign Keith Adams. In that Falcons game daaaaaaamnmmnnn he was like Mini-Trotter out there.

Burrgess is probably gone as well. Maybe Mark Fields would be nice from Carolina a lot better then Simoneau and also Will Witherspoon is out there...Jessie Armstead just to name a few who wont command as much money as Bell or Hartwell.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Fields wouldn't leave carolina period. Armstead is into his mid 30's and i would personally say that Keith Adams is a better player than Witherspoon.

Even though Hartwell and Bell are gonna want good money i think they are an upgrade and we have the money to spend on them so i dont see why not.

i would personally like Bell to be signed because he was a MLB in the 3-4 which means he has to have coverage skills and run stopping ability, which would translate perfectly into the Strong Side Backer position in the 4-3.

hopefully our LB core next year will look like:

WLB - Dhani Jones
MLB - Jeremiah Trotter
SLB - Kendrell Bell

most teams in our conference have been making major upgrades so i think its time we made one ourselves.
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Anthony Simmons from Seattle got cut, I would love to get Bell as well or Hartwell but that will take up all of our free agent money left possibly... Plus I think we should go out and sign Troy Brown
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cry in joy if the Eagles got Anthony Simmons. Bell couldn't hold his jock.

Simmons is the most under rated line backer in the NFL and a top one when healthy, he would be a great addition to our team at the WILL.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
ssmedley8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Simmons is an awesome linebacker. I have to strongly disagree that the Eagles will spend their first round pick on a DE. With their pick the top DE's will be gone. I have been reading every mock draft I can get my hands on and I don't recall seeing a DE taken with the 31st pick. The only way I could see them taking a DE is if they trade up.

On another note, I'm not real big on the Eagles taking a WR with their first pick. That is unless the right receiver falls to them. If Mark Clayton falls to the Eagles I think they have to take him. He could really help the Eagles. Plus he is sick once he gets the ball in his hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: